8-8 or 5-11

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MurrellMartin, Oct 10, 2012.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Which would you prefer and why?

I'll go with 5-11 because I believe it would bring on more change, something we desperately need. At 8-8 the excuse of no Revis and Holmes would lead everyone back here for "one more run!" next season, only to see another "magical" Wild Card season end in disappointment, assuming they even made it that far. This will be the third of four Rex Ryan led seasons with the Jets finishing with single digits wins, and in 2010 the stars really were aligned in November to get this team to the 11 wins they got.

2. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

cool story bro

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Sorry buddy but anybody rooting for their team to lose more games is not really a fan

4. MurrellMartin

Right. You can come tell me that with my 17 years of season tickets. I actually care about this team and 5-11 is better for this team than 8-8 would be. 8-8 would lead to more of the same garbage where as 5-11 would lead to hope because there would be necessary changes. If fans are happy with 8 and 9 wins seasons, I say those are not the "real fans". I will be there cheering on my team, but in my heart of hearts know what would be better.

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I grew up with Jet fans rooting for higher draft picks in the late '80's. Sadly it seems as if we're back to that mentality.

And this year I don't think it matters anyway since Rex/Tanny probably are going to get a pass with all the injuries. And I don't exactly trust Tanny with a high pick anyway with the way his drafts have gone.

What I'd rather see at some point assuming this season keeps going in the crapper is Tebow get a chance, then either he can prove all of us wrong and be a viable option for next year, or flop like most of us expect him to then we can 'really' get along with finding the next QB cause Sanchez clearly ain't it. And I'd rather not waste another year with the illusion of Tebow 'maybe' being the answer.

#5 NYJFan10, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  6. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

Ask colts fans who were rooting for loses how they feel bout that now. Some fans can actually see the bigger picture while some cant see or refuse to see what's right in front of their face

7. MurrellMartin

Thank you.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I don't care how long you bought tickets for. Rooting for a certain record has no direct effect on what actually happens so all a fan can do is root for their team to do the best.

I went through this bs with Dolphins fans last year cheering for us to "suck for luck". Well guess what, we didn't keep losing and we didn't get Luck so all these dumb ass fans were fans of other teams every time we were on the field. That by definition is not a real fan.

You hoping for 5-11 means that this week you are a Colts fan

9. MurrellMartin

Agreed, and if the Tebow Era is an unsuccessful one, seeing McElroy start a game or two would be good to see as well. Let's see them all unless Tebow pulls rabbits out of his hat again.

10. NYJFan10

Is Andrew Luck coming out this year?

This is WEEK SIX. We're not talking about the final month of a season that's already 1-11. Until we're mathematically (or realistically) eliminated this discussion is silly.

11. MurrellMartin

Actually, no. I'll be there cheering on my team, the Jets. The Jets I invest in year on and year out, unlike many people. This is our last real shot at home victory this season, so I'll REALLY be cheering us on. Would like to see one more home win before it gets crazy around these parts. :breakdance:

12. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I want us to go 8-8 or better.

Hoping that the team has a losing record is a weird mentality. I'd rather be competing for playoff spots than a draft pick.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

When it works out that is how it looks. But suppose you are rooting for your team to lose out and then Andrew Luck is a bust? Do you root for the team to lose out the next year? When does it end?

Bottom line is you can control what you can control. And all a fan can control is who they want to win games.

14. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

The suck for luck fans were some of the most forward looking fans. Rooting for wins or loses has no effect but it doesn't stop you from doing it. The colts fans who were rooting for loses have more vision than you typical rah rah fan who can't see past sunday

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yet you are secretly hoping your team only wins 3 more games the rest of the year. Strong fan you are

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I can see being happy once the season is over and you have a chance at grabbing a good player but since it is out of your hands then I think you should do what the only purpose of being a fan is, and root for your damn team.

17. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

^ I would disagree

Luck was the Lebron James of prospects. Was it wrong for fans in contention for the number one pick to root for loses to have the highest possible chance in getting him.

If a fan truly believes the current qb is not the answer and thinks the best chance of change is a terrible record in order to clean house, and he believes the longer that qb remains the starter the worse it is for the team in the long run than I can understand that

#17 Swampdonkey, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If were going to have a losing season, better off tanking now and losing the rest of the games. wtf is this moral victories shit OP? btw I'll take 9-7, I'm not bowing out just yet.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Well that settles it

20. NYJFan10

And if the Jets somehow go 9-7 and win a playoff game or two, you'll feel silly for rooting against them all year. You don't need a top pick to get a future QB - Brees and Rodgers were both drafted back of the first round/top of the second. Brady was drafted in the sixth round.