6/24-6/26: Yanks vs. Rockies

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

They won two of the three games!

2. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Cool story bro

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Gardner has been hitting well from the leadoff spot. You could even call it 'great' by 4th OF standards.........

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Okay, okay. I get it.

Seriously though, this is the second time I've underestimated Gardner. I gave him hell last year too. And he wound up doing the same thing. Honestly, I don't care how often he makes me wrong, as long as he keeps doing it.

I was actually thinking about something over the weekend too. Why not bring Jeter back in the #2 spot? Then move everyone else down a spot. The lineup then becomes:

Gardner
    Jeter
    Granderson
    Teixeira
    ARod
    Cano
    Posada
    Swisher
    Martin

It wouldn't actually be significantly different than what it is now, with the exception that Gardner would get an extra at-bat every few days. Yes, Jeter still has his ground ball issue, but Gardner is fast enough to make DPs a bit harder to turn, which might even increase Jeter's chances of reaching safely or at least moving him over.

We all know Jeter isn't getting moved to the back end of the order. Why not do a small tweak that lets him save face, and puts the better leadoff man in the right spot?

In all honesty though, looking at that lineup, if everyone is healthy is pretty freaking sick. It almost doesn't matter where anyone is hitting if they're all hitting and healthy.

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Jeter hitting 2nd = double play to start the first inning. you cant do that. i'd rather have hit first, if he's going to hit 2nd.