5 games to go: Can the Jets get the bye?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Baumeister, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

My heart says yes the Jets can do it.
    My brain says "there's still five more games".
    What does everyone else think about the the Jets earning a bye?

2. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

have you seen the steelers schedule? they have:

patriots
    cowboys
    ravens
    titans
    browns

seems to me there's ample opportunity for them to lose 1, maybe even 2.

titans have the steelers and colts to play. it's not inconceivable for them to lose both.

we most certainly can get the bye if we run the table. that's easier said than done, though. we need to beat the broncos this week and do a lot more east/west coast traveling before all is done.

3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

As a Jet fan, I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. I'm pretty sure we come out with the #2 seed though.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If they continue to play the way they have the last 3 weeks, especially yesterday, I don't see anyone on the remaining schedule beating them. Whether or not they can maintain that level of play is obviously up in the air.

5. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

Am I the only one who feels like the Steelers really aren't that good? Their eight wins were against the Texans, Browns, Ravens, Jaguars, Bengals (x2), Redskins, and Chargers, and there are only two respectable teams out of those, the Ravens and Redskins, and the Jets are better than both of them.

6. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Why are the Steelers #2 and we're #3? We have the same record, so what determined it?

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Conference record. They're 7-1 in the AFC, we're 6-3.

8. Satire?

Satire? Guest

the jets lost to the chargers. respect teams your team loses to.
    ravens are good. nyj hasn't played washington or baltimore, but I think baltimore would be a very tough game. can't say they're worse than the jets. washington less so, but still a good club.

9. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

The Jets also lost to the Patriots week 2, but came back and beat them in their own house several weeks later. This is NOT the same team that faced the Chargers in September.

10. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

A bye is realistic, I just want the patriots out of the playoffs asap, if that means the steelers win next week I'll take it im rootin for the steelers next week, I'd rather the Jets seal a playoff spot first rather than worrying about a bye.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Baltimore plays Cincy next week. Let the Pats beat the Steelers, because they won't catch the Ravens with the win against the Bengals. That way, the Jets have the #2, and the Pats stay out with Baltimore winning.

Even Indy plays Cleveland. The Pats can win and nothing will change on sunday.

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I am not going to worry about the Steelers game. I think that the Pats will win, but I will be rooting for the Steelers to pull it out. However the game turns out it should ultimately be a big positive for the Jets.

If Pitt loses and Jets win...Jets control their destiny for the #2 seed.

If New loses and Jets win...Jets have a 2 game lead in the division and Pitt will still have to play Balt, Tenn, and Dallas.

13. BCSUPERFAN

BCSUPERFAN New Member

exactly. when i watch the steelers i dont see the ability to dominate in all 3 phases of the game like the jets do. their D is good and solid but their ST sucks and their offense is a crapshoot. im sure jenkins could take out the 2 guards and center at least 80% of the plays against that oline. there is no doubt we are more solid

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

As long as we win 4 out of the last 5 games we will have the #2 seed at worst. We win out, we will have home field throughout. Take care of business and everything will fall into place.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Detroit will beat Tennessee, and we can make the #1 seed.

...you heard me...

...even if i don't really believe it...

16. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I am still holding out for the first seed until either the Jets lose a game or the Titans beat the Steelers.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Everybody 7-4 or better has a harder schedule than the Jets. No excuse not to get a bye and maybe even the #1, the Titans could easily lose two more.

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I'm more concerned with sealing the deal with the division. The 2 seed would be great...amazing in fact, but the Pats are only 1 game behind and the Jets have to bounce back and forth between the east and west coast over the last 5 weeks...not to mention they've got 2 quality division opponents left to play.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So what? We have the easier schedule. Time to play like it. You don't win back to back games on the road against NE and Tenessee and then lose at home to somebody like Denver, Miami or Buffalo. Not if you are truly a serious contender.

20. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

#2 seed is important. i really don't wanna see the colts in the first round, or the pats if they get in. and baltimore is no cake walk. of those 3 teams i'd rather see baltimore but it'd be better not to risk seeing the colts or new england again this year.

everybody knows how tight new england games are always gonna be, and with all the talented colts receivers i dont think we match up well against them. plus mangini is always better when he has extra time to prepare. but lets take care of denver this week, the stadium is gonna be bumping!