4th and 2 Call

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Sep 25, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This was the turning point in the game, and I think it was a terrible idea.

It wasn't a point of being aggressive when the game is fucking tied and field position was still very important.

You pooch kick, and you put the Raiders back in their own red zone.

Forget what happened after it. At that moment you don't make a pivotal decision that would decide momentum when the game wasn't at stake in the 3rd quarter.

This game is on the coaching staff.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't think it was a bad idea to go for it, I think the play that was called was awful. Too vanilla. Be more creative.

3. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

the play was there, but expecting a precision pass from sanchez, even on a 3 yard pattern like that was probably ill advised.

4. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Problem is Schotty! He calls the same shit too often thru out the game. 4 and 2 questionable yes but if the play calling needed more creativity the constant bootlegs fucking sucked

#4 UncleTomNYJ, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  5. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

if sanchez doesn't throw that bonehead pick after the big kerley return and cro doesn't fumble the kick off we win that game.

6. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Liked going for it, but a pass was stupid. Should've run it on 3rd down if you knew you were going to go for it on 4th. Two downs to get 2 yards. Greene was running effectively.

7. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

Turning point: Schitty being on the sideline

8. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

We have the best D in league just in case if we don't make it .... Oh wait!!!!

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Nah. Offense scored 24 with a makeshift O-line. The defense was AWFUL!! That's why we lost.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Pretty all around loss. That one play didn't change very much. Defense sucked, special teams had a huge fuck up and the offense wasn't very good for the middle portion of the game.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Turning point:

Stop McFadden...Jet's couldn't.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Didn't mind going for it.

The big surprise was the way Jet D fell apart for the rest of the game. Knowing what we know now, its best to give the Raiders O the whole field to drive down & hope the Jets can at least limit them to a FG.

13. 3rdAnd15Draw

He really wasn't. I also don't understand why they threw so many dump offs to him instead of LT, especially given how good he looked early. Greene can't do anything with the ball after catching it, although I guess at least catching the ball is an improvement over his usual drops.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I don't mind going for it but the ignoring of Dustin Keller until late in the 4th quarter was sickening. Our great OC finds a way to negate a player playing great and to get him out of the playset by having both Cumberland and Mulligan in for quite a few snaps.

Keller would probably have converted that.

15. MsuJets

MsuJets Active Member

Schotty is terrible....

16. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

My problem was the lack of urgency and running it UP THE MIDDLE with 8 minutes left and down 2 TDS

17. 3rdAnd15Draw

Keller got more than enough balls thrown his way. Holmes had 2. That's one more than Mulligan, Cumberland and Turner.

18. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

What a dumb-ass play. You put points on the board and on-side kick. You need 2 scores, you have to get the first or the second can't happen.

Schotty is a moron.

D sucked today but in games like this the offense has to show up. Showing up isn't commending them on pts on the board in a loss its not making mistakes, not throwing stupid int's in the red zone, not throwing erratically to receivers all day etc. The D has picked up an anemic offense many times. The trouble is they can't rely on the offense to do the same in games where the D doesn't show up.

Bad loss

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The Game is won in the trenches, Oakland kicked our ass today.

20. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

What puzzled me was, if you have every intention of going for it on 4th down, why throw two passing plays on 3rd and 2 instead of running it up the gut twice.

Schotty's play calling baffled me for most of the second half, but this loss wasn't entirely his fault. Cromartie had the worst game of his Jets career and the offensive line got zero push. Sanchez is still prone to bonehead mistakes and can't throw to the flats for his life. Janikowski and Lechler destroyed us in the positioning game. The defense looked in shambles at times.

All around tough loss...will be interesting to see how we react against Baltimore.