49ers' cornerback Carlos Rogers says Jets quit

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Demosthenes9, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/10/49ers_cornerback_carlos_rogers.html#

This truly sucks

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Wow.

Just wow.

It doesn't get any closer than that. This guy had a front row seat at this game

3. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Is this surprising? It's pretty clear Sanchez quit early on once things went sour, then the team just followed suit. I mean it's pretty clear the team just wanted off the field, same with the Pitt game, the Jets and especially Sanchez have quit twice this season and that's on the coach, 100% on the coach.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I don't think the Jets quit against Pittsburgh, they were just tired and Pittsburgh was tougher.

Against San Fran, the Jets quit in the 4th quarter. I don't know if I'd call what Sanchez did "quitting," but when he's mentally out of it, it doesn't usually improve.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah if your offense puts up a goose egg at home what would you expect?

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

how is it clear he quit? I swear, say what you want about me and the recent Sanchez defense but you Sanchez haters are really getting delusional.

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

At the very least, I'd think that pride would prevent them from quitting. You know, "Yeah, we are getting our asses kicked, but I'm going down fighting" as opposed to just giving up.

8. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I'm a rational fan, I see things how they are I'm typically not too knee-jerk (unless it's game night), I was firmly in Sanchez's corner and expected a break out year for him. But Sanchez absolutely quit against the niners (and IMO against Pitt), he didn't walk off the field and throw his hands in the air in a dramatic display (this seems to be what you're thinking quitting means) but he may as well have. he quit plain and simple, if you didn't see it by his demeanor and body language and execution I don't know how to explain it to you.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Gave up 90 yards running in the first quarter -- they never started on defense let alone quit. They tackled in 1 game this season and what was Pitt who had injured running backs an do-line.

Hopefully this inspires the jets - -when other teams are calling you out in week 4 you need to show some pride and step up your game.

10. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Really its just a continuation of last year the way they ended the season. Most of this goes back to Rex. I really don't think he's cut out to be a head coach. Winning is easy, it's how you handle losing is the acid test for any team. Rex likes to talk about how great his team is and what they are going to do and when they fall on their face the're all the more worse for it. Ever hear Belichick bragging or talking about SB?

#10 Jon_Snow, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Don't know about Rex's defense, but I know I quit watching somewhere in the 4th QTR, along with about 50,000 fans who headed to their cars.

12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

That 2009-2011 New great atmosphere is now dead.

Where all back to where it started at. Same old shit.

13. Falco21

I disagree. Yes, we let up a lot of yards on the ground, but had Sanchez not fumbled the ball, the score would have been 7-3 going into the half. We were holding a top 3 team in the league right now.

They quit because they were exhausted from being on the field so long and because the offense couldn't gain 2 yards. That's extremely frustrating for a defense who is trying like hell to give the offense good field position for a scoring drive.

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

If A.Smith had better accuracy ,we would of easily have been down 24 before the half.

15. Falco21

And if a sniper shot Kaepernick in the head, we wouldn't have let up that many yards.

That's part of the game man.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

im just continuing your "what if" game.

17. Falco21

Ok, even after the fumble. We were down 10-0 at the half. You think that's bad against arguably the best team in the NFL right now?

Come on. Our defense started to crumble because they were exhausted. They were on the field for 37 minutes! 37!

18. hobbesab

hobbesab New Member

I didn't see the game since I was working but that would warrant benching him. To my knowledge, no one can say that about Tebow.

19. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I hate Sanchez' body language. He pouts too much.

20. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

If Kaepernick didn't slide it would have been 0-41 and if Smith had connected once with his WR who had Kyle Wilson beat 3-4 times it would have been 0-48. All against a ground and pound type of team.