4 games to go: Can the Jets get the bye?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Baumeister, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

The Jets are still in contention for the bye. Anything can happen in this league. I say we all keep the faith in our beloved Jets and hope for the best. After last year it is awesome that the Jets are even in the running for the #2 seed. Others say the two seed is already gone and not to be had by the Jets. How does everyone else feel on the subject?
    :jets:

2. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

We would need Pitt to lose 2 of their last four or Tenn to lose 3 of its last four. Pitt has a tougher schedule and has a better chance at losing 2 (they play Dallas, Balt., Tenn and Clev) but I dont see it happening. If we tie with Pitt they win the tie breaker based on conf record. Anything is possible but not probable. Of course the JETS need to win out and by the way if we win our next 3 and lose to Miami and they win out guess who wins the division...hint its not the Jets!! LETS GO BUFFALO THIS WEEK!

#2 Hot Rod, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  3. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

Pittsburgh has an extremely tough schedule, and we have a good chance to win out.

I say we either tie Pittsburgh or win the 2 seed all together. The Cowboys will most likely beat them.

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I can't see pitt losing 2 games out of 4 with the way they have been playing, but there is always a chance. Lets just win out and see what happens.

5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

It's definately possible. I posted this yesterday but Pittsburgh plays Dallas at home and Baltimore and Tennessee on the road. I personally think they will lose in Baltimore as they won a tough game against the Ravens at home earlier in the year and I think Baltimore will likely return the favor. They could EASILY lose to either Dallas at home or Tenn on the road. If they do that and we take care of our business and win out (something that is very possible) then we will clinch the 2nd seed.

6. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Pitt. could easily lose 3 out of their next 4. Baltimore, Dallas, and Tenn. are that tough.

7. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Short answer: No
    Long answer: We are the Jets so of course not

8. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I'm expecting 12-4 and the Jets hosting a WC playoff game.

Anyone hear Bob Ryan on Around the Horn yesterday? The day after the Jets beat the Pats, he was saying it was a ho-hum, who cares type of win because the Jets were supposed to win that game. Now that Denver beat the Jets, he calls them fraudulent and says they shouldn't have beaten the Pats. What an assclown that guy is.
    Bob also says the jets will go 12-4 and lose in their first playoff game.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

If the Jets go 12-4 and get the three seed and have to play NE or Indy, I can see the Jets losing. The Jets don't match up well with passing teams. Why is that disrespect? I think it is an honest assessment. We have to hope that the Jets play Baltimore in the first round of the playoffs, then on to Pittsburgh. Those are good match ups for the Jets. The Jets need to avoid the Pats, Broncos, and Colts in the playoffs, provided they get there.

10. uberchink

uberchink New Member

agreed here.

11. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

rather not get the bye...recent years teams with the bye have not made it or won the superbowl

12. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

how is anyone figuring we lose division to miami?

13. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

the jets will beat the colts if needed and the broncos this time around. the pats, and pitt scare me...both elite D's and elite passing games compared to the colts this year. yes i know the broncos are elite at passing, but if u blitz alot against cutler, he cries and makes many mistakes...thats what the jets will do next time they play them.

14. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

haha i have thought about that many of times...I will bet anything the last game of the year means jets or miami makes the playoffs.

15. Mr. Papagiorgio

If we don't get the first round bye, I don't really care what seed we get as long as we are in the playoffs. We might be able to avoid a potential disaster for our defense by not getting the Colts in the first round if we get the 5 or 6 seed.

16. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Of course the Jets can get a bye--maybe even the first round seed! They can also lose the rest of their games and fall out of contention.

I am keeping the faith and believe that this team got a good kick in the pants on Sunday and will get their act together, beat the west coast patsies on the schedule, win their division games against the suddenly-pathetic Bills and then Chad and the 'Fins on that last week.

But I also think thye need to win all four games to take the division and win that first-round bye. If the Jets lose a west coast game (or God forbid the game against the Dolphins)... Well... You know.

17. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

If we win the last four games I think we get the second seed. I like the Cowboys matched up with the Steelers. I also think they lose to the Titans. Some of you say we have a "good chance" to win the last four games. I personally will be happy if they can even go 3 of 4. Two divisional opponents and two west coast trip...

18. Traveling

Traveling New Member

Honestly, I really don't care about the first round bye right now. All I want is to win the division. If that comes with a first round bye, then fine.

I agree with others that I really don't want the Pats to make the playoffs and for the Jets to face them. Given the problems defending the pass, I would worry about that game. I am not worried about Indy on the other hand. Yes, they are capable of putting up points, but they have been quite inconsistent and I haven't been that impressed.

19. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Yes, because I believe Pittsburgh will lose to Dallas and Tennessee...but honestly don't see the Jets winning out. They'll win 3 of 4 to finish 11-5 to grab the 1st wild card.

Miami might sneak into the 2nd wild card, but it'll probably be New England

Round 1 of the playoffs will be

Patriots @ Colts
    Jets @ Broncos

20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

So in your opinion who wins the division if jets are first wildcard and NE or Miami might sneak in to the 6th?