#4 for #9 and 22?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

With the trade between San Fran and Denver, the 49ers now have two picks in the 1st round. To even it out we'd have to probably throw in a mid round pick or two and I'm not sure San Fran is enamored with any prospect enough to consider this deal, but adds another potential trade down scenario to the list.

2. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

well first of all, the 49ers have the 6th overall, not the 9th, and this may be a possibillity althought i think their ultimate goal is to move up to get Bush

3. Khan

Khan Active Member

people are making some WEIRD mistakes today with draft order and the teams that have the picks...Detroit has 9, San Fran has 6, they won't trade up two spots giving up another first rounder...unless you're thinking 3 way, but that won't happen, it's not the NBA, and the Abraham deal involved a pro bowl player with 1st round value, so that was a very different scenario.

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Since SF has #6 and #22, we would have to toss them our 2nd rounder.

We'd have

instead of

#6 #22 and their 2nd rounder is close to netting them #1 though

5. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Come draft day, if somebody the 9ers are dying to get their hands on is there at 4, itd be possible for them to give up the 6 and 22 for the 4. But thats a LOT to give up without knowing whos gonna be available, and at 4 you really have no idea whos available. Its way more likely that theyd move to the #2 spot, where they have a better, although still not definete, idea of whos gonna be on the board.

6. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

SF will most likely go Huff at 6, and then take one of the RT's off the board, right in freakin front of us with that #22. They have no RT..... I'll wager big bucks they go RT at 22.

7. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

They traded their second rounder to get #22, but I think they have the Redskins from the Brandon Lloyd trade. I would definetly trade #4 and #35 for #6 and #22, maybe they want to move ahead of the Packers to get Hawk or Mario if he falls. I think they did it to try to get Bush too though. If we did that trade, we likely would still be able to get Brick at 6, or Cutler if we wanted him. .

8. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

San Fran needs a LT worse than the Jets do. They have Smiley, Baas and Heitman all chosen in the last few drafts on the inside ... and they picked up Larry Allen. Maybe they are looking to move up for D'Brick.

Probably not .. but hey .. who knows.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

ummm ya!!!of course you would trade the 4 and 35 for the 6 and 22...who wouldnt?

10. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

Either take bush or deangelo cuz they need a rb and i know u would hate that

11. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

Hell ya i would it would be like the year we had like 3 or 4 picks in the first round

12. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

yes i would lol

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

thats what im sayin

14. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Um.... no. They have Jennings coming back off an injury at LT. They are paying him BIG bucks.... they need a RT.

15. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

If this hypothetically happened, there are a lot of options to look over. There's a chance D'Brick falls to 6, it which case we take him. If not, I'm not sure if it's a little high to take Justice, but Justice is there, as is Vernon Davis (as much as it would piss some of you off), Leinart could fall, or Huff will be there...so many options. At 22, it's likely DeAngelo will still be there and we'd have to pick him up, such a good value at that spot and the needed eventual replacement for Martin. At 29, there are a lot of options too, but this has been discussed to death. Here's what I'd do:

6. D'Brickashaw Ferguson (if available)/Winston Justice
    22. DeAngelo Williams
    29. Manny Lawson (if still there)/Bobby Carpenter

or...

6. Vernon Davis/Michael Huff
    22. DeAngelo Williams
    29. Nick Mangold/Eric Winston/Marcus McNeill

Basically, if we don't go OL at 6, we'd go OL at 29, and vice-versa. DeAngelo at 22 seems like a no-brainer to me, but that may just be me. If no OL at 4, then we go BPA, who IMO is Vernon Davis, but I know many would disagree with me (been a fan of his for a while now, but Jet fans have a great dislike for TEs in the 1st round). If not, you could always go with Cutler or Young/Leinart (if they fall) at 6.

And if SF was to do this trade, it would most likely be to grab Hawk or Williams ahead of GB.

16. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

both of those scenarios would be awesome. I slightly favor the D'Brick scenario a bit more, but theyre both great.

now we wait for some poster to say how awesome Chris Baker or Adrian Jones were last year....

17. lightning

lightning Active Member

chris baker sucked, AJ was fine

18. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

#6 AJ Hawk
    #22 DeAngelo Williams
    #29 Tamba Hali

19. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

I think SF is trying to get up to #1 for Bush.

Whos got a link for the draft chart to see if its enough?

20. JCnflies

JCnflies New Member

If ther are three players on the table that I want at 4, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I would want Mario, Hawk and Leinert available before i say yes.