30 For 30 - Four Falls of Buffalo

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by RPOZ51, Dec 23, 2015.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I hate the Bills, but this is a well done show:

"Do you know what 'Bills' stands for? 'Boy I Love Losing Superbowls!""

:D

Royal Tee and TNJet like this.
  2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I always had time for Marv Levy, despite the AFC rivalry. The antithesis of the Bills' current HC.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

The NFL can be a bitter bitch I tell you. I try to wrap the idea of what it's been like to be a Bills fan since the early 90's but it just makes my nuts hurt. I mean the thought of going to 4 Super Bowls in a row is crazy.......and then to come out empty on all of them!? I can't imagine the feeling..... And now.........how many years since a playoff appearance? 16? What I did find pretty cool about the 30 for 30 piece was the reception Buffalo gave the kicker after the loss. Very classy IMO.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Same Old Bills.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the title be Four Fails of Buffalo?

TNJet likes this.
  6. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Watched this the other day. 30 for 30's are always an awesome program if the topic interests me. Their run was a little before my time but its mind blowing how they pretty much ran through the AFC in every one of those seasons..only to lay a complete egg in the biggest game of the year.

I dont know if anything else in sports can be compared to it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The Brooklyn Dodgers of the early '50's more or less. Lost the WS in 1949, 1952 and 1953, lost the pennant on the final day of the season in 1950 and lost the famous playoff to the Giants in 1951.

8. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

But at least they finally broke through. To have that dominant a team and have 0 Lombardi trophies to show for it, and their last playoff memory being the fucking Music City Miracle? As a fan, I'd kill to see the Jets just make it to a SB, even if it ended with a loss. I don't know how I'd cope with losing 4.

9. irishwhip03

Less teams back then though. Also fewer rounds of the playoffs.

We'll probably never see any team again, outside of the pointless NBA, go to that many consecutive finals, nevermind lose them all.

TNJet likes this.
  10. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

how is the NBA pointless?

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

but then they couldn't do their incredibly cheesy, made for TV comparison to the Niagara Falls, like they did in the documentary.

As if players and regular Buffalonians drive 30 minutes out of their way everyday so they can drive by the Niagara Falls to enjoy a strange metaphor for their lives.. .DUH

12. irishwhip03

Is there a chance for ANY team is the East other than Cleveland?

Maybe 1 percent?

Also what's the chance that Spurs/Warriors isn't the West finals?

Maybe 5 percent?

So if you aren't a fan of one of those 3 teams, what exactly is the point of watching the NBA?

Basketball as a whole is a watered down sport. Used to be great in the 90s and early 2000's. Until the youth movement took over. There's about 4 players in the league that can actually shoot the ball well and not many have fundamentals.

I watched (and that's a strong word) 2 games on Christmas Day for the first time all season and wanted to hang myself by the 2nd quarter.

RexontheBeach, NYJetsO12 and TNJet like this.
  13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

March Madness is the only basketball worth watching. The NBA is a travel/dunk fest. Stephon Curry and Lebron James are the only truly well rounded players in their prime in today's NBA.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

duh you just happen to name the 2 best players in the league. of course they are "well rounded" they are the best players. That's like someone who doesnt watch the NFL saying "Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are the only truly well rounded players in today's NFL."

I am not a big fan of the NBA but there are plenty of well rounded players in the league. Curry and James just happen to be best players in the league

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah and why they lost 4 straight SBs with maybe the best team in football.

16. NYJFan10

The NBA has ALWAYS been a league where only a handful of teams have realistic title hopes, it was the same in the 'glory days', difference being now you don't get guys staying in college 3-4 years, it's more or like 1-2 so of course this generation isn't as well rounded in the fundamentals.

17. NYJFan10

I don't think they had the best team in the Cowboy years. The year they lost to the Redskins it's difficult to say cause they (well specifically Rypien) were the definition of a one-hit wonder. They did go 14-2 that year compared to the Bills' 13-3 though.

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The NBA is so bad I don't even watch the highlights.

19. irishwhip03

Agreed.

But now I'd even argue that the only good thing about March Madness these days are the Cinderella stories. Kids that aren't as talented as the ones from big schools but they're older and usually have played together for atleast 2 years. Most of the times, more.

To me , the NBA has turned into college and college bball has turned into high school.

20. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

Losing 4 Super Bowls in a row and not going to the playoffs for 16 years makes me think someone didn't honor their end of their deal with the Devil.