24 hour rule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Going to break it just to say if you'd told me the Jets would be 4-4 at mid-season with the rough early schedule I'd have been overjoyed.

Somehow I'm not overjoyed today but the results at mid-season are a different story.

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Secondary awful, o-line awful. WRs couldn't get open. But it was against the Bengals, one of the toughest teams in the NFL this season. Cinci was my pre-season pick to win the AFC.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And we're 4-4 at mid-season. We still have a theoretical shot to get hot after the bye and make a little noise.

2-6 was a real possibility. 4-4 is like money in the bank right now.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It's a rebuilding year. I'm happy with Geno. Our young d-line is still really damn good. If our young talent keeps improving and we can draft to actual needs, we could be a good team for a while.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm ecstatic where we are right now. People on this forum are blowing up like we were supposed to be this play off team and we are just completely imploding. We were labeled as a bottom 5 team!! The fact that we are 4-4 having beat New England and Atlanta is crazy.

This team is building together every week. I'm ecstatic about the future. I'm pumped for next off-season. I really am.

6. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Falco I agree with you. We gutted out the whole roster this offseason and people on this board think we going 12-4.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yup.

We just got killed by a Bengals team that is probably one of the best in the league. People bitch about the Jekyl/Hyde issue, but what do you expect with a young rebuilding team headed by a rookie qb? It's very easy to fall into "the world is ending" mantra, especially with a rebuilding team. There will be some great times and some piss poor times. That's just what happens

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Good post, agreed 100%

9. endydee

endydee Active Member

I am happy with this team. To be 4-4 at this point has surpassed expectations. When the schedule came out, this five week stretch against Atlanta, Pittsburgh, New England, Cincinnati, and New Orleans, was supposed to bury us. To have gone 2-2 up to this point in those five games is gratifying. Win or lose next week at home against New Orleans (hopefully the Jets pull off an upset), the worst they'd do during that ridiculously brutal stretch is 2-3, and a 4-5 overall record going into the bye. Of course I'd prefer 3-2, and 5-4, but with the remaining schedule after the bye, the Jets could prove to be in the thick of the playoff hunt. Considering most supposed expert prognosticators said before the season started that the Jets would be lucky to win 4 games, I'm thrilled with this team so far. The future looks bright! J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

its never as good or bad as it seems.

we knew going into the season there were too many holes to fill in 1 offseason. idzic did the right thing by building the trenches first. we will be a 6-8 win team thanks to it. if we can add some playmakers on o and in the secondary next year we will jump to the 10 win playoff contender status. if geno takes the steps to a franchise qb we will be a a superbowl contender. but it all starts with this season and the foundtion that was laid while foregoing some obvious but not as crucial holes

11. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

If you look at the youth on this team, and the play of some of our guys from the past 3 draft classes (Wilkerson, Kerley, Davis, Richardson, Allen, etc,) I can see plenty of reason to be happy about a 4-4 record at the mid point, this team has built a sick D-line foundation to carry us and has an abundance of draft picks and cap space this upcoming off season, this team will be in the playoffs next year. With one whole season under Geno's belt, I expect to see some major improvements on this team next season, and we have already seen a glimpse of some good things to come this season.

12. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

The inconsistency of the Jets is annoying, but they're a young team and that's to be expected. They've exceeded my expectations though. They have a lot of potential, but they won't be playoff contenders until next year.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah coming into the season I didn't see 4-4 here. I saw 2 to 3 wins after the Saints game then making a run to 6 to 8 wins I think.

I will gladly take 4-4 especially with the injuries we had and missing pieces. We are young, not very talented offensively team. The inconsistency sucks, don't get me wrong, but you have to be excited that we are even in discussion for the 6th WC spot 8 weeks in.

14. UWSfan

UWSfan New Member

I agree that 4-4 is a pleasant surprise. For me, the big worries are Winters and Milliner, especially Milliner. When you're rebuilding you can't have the #9 pick be a complete bust, and right now I'm concerned that he is. He seems to have all of the physical tools, but he seems to have no idea how to play man coverage. I thought Saban was a defensive genius and fantastic coach. What the hell?

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hey br4d i think you have posted a just gotta say inside the 24 hour rule at least 3 or 4 times this year. i think thats kinda funny, your post is spot on too.

16. Mitch_Dumstein

4-4

there isn't an expert on the planet who thought such a record was possible for the 32nd ranked NFL team according to the Bristol Clown College

4-4

for a team considered to be in a full rebuild mode with many in the media and fanbase calling for a Tank for Teddy season

4-4

excellent first half of the season (especially against the more difficult half of the Jet schedule)

New England twice, Atlanta on the road, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, even Tampa Bay and Buffalo were projected to be better than the Jets who were a "virtual expansion team"

4-4

Bring on the Saints

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We went 6-10 last year and most of what we lost in the off-season was dead weight:

Shonne Greene - 3 yards and a cloud of dust
    Bart Scott - old, slow, watched TEs catch many, many passes over the middle
    Landry - I liked him but his replacement hasn't looked too bad
    Revis - Does not count we did not have him last year after he got hurt
    S Holmes - See Revis (and he may play some more)
    Keller - See Revis, has he done anything to help Miami?
    B Thomas - Good tackler, Coples is younger with more upside

Not one of those guys has been missed or would have done anything to help us this year (aside from Revis).

There is only one healthy player from last year's roster who would have gotten us to a better record than 4-4. None of you wants to hear this but his name is Mark Sanchez.

18. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

yeah? what makes you so sure? i had no clue you could look into the future

19. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Part of the issue with the o-line is you fall behind that early and the defense just basically says lets go kill the QB. Play action is out, threat of run is out, and you just attack.

the secondary played so non-physical it was sickening. They need to man up and make a lot of contact at the line of scrimmage. If you allow 4 receivers a free release your pass rush will never have time to get pressure.

20. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

Even though we got bitch smacked today, I am surprisingly not that upset that we lost because at the half way point we are 4-4 with a very good chance of making the playoffs. Before this year I honestly thought we would be in the Bridgewater sweepstakes, and I am one of the biggest Jets optimists. Even with this loss, I am proud of the way we have played through half the season. GO JETS