2024 Draft bold player predictions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NJJets, Apr 1, 2024.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Be bold people, give us fodder for 3 years from now. Here’s mine, feel free to roast me years from now if I’m wrong:

Caleb Williams - will be the latest in a line of USC busts. Too much of a head case imo.

J Daniels- Will be the best QB of the draft.

MHJ - I have a gut feeling he becomes a huge disappointment. I might eat a lot of crow here but this is my stance.

Rome Odunze - Will be a bust/journeyman WR that gets a couple shots and never pans out (think Brashad Perriman)

Malik Nabers - Best WR in the draft, will have a great career

Brock Bowers - He’s a stud, but if he’s drafted by a mentally dull regime that doesn’t know how to use such a great weapon he will be a disappointment.

Taliese Fuaga - Will move to G by year 3 and be very solid there, but he will struggle at RT

Joe Alt - will be the best OT in the league for years to come

O Fashanu will also be a great OT, quietly overshadowed by Alt.

Michael Penix - will be a long time starter in the league, solid player

Bo Nix - the most Zach Wilson looking prospect of the bunch. Big bust.

twown likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Gutsy projections. I can't say that I agree with all of them, but I do like and agree with some of them. It will be interesting to see what happens.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Kinda the point all in fun. No need to defend your predictions, just something to look back on later and rib each other on or stand proud on what came true.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Actually, you'll get a free pass because no one is going to look back to ask: I wonder how @NJJets graded these players? :)

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Ya never know ha, in that case if I’m right I’ll dig it up myself to gloat

NY Jets68 and westiedog1 like this.
  6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I actually Agree like 90% exactly with your qb and wr thoughts. I don't really watch college, more so study after the nfl season, so I can't say much, but as we hit the draft soon yeah pretty much agree.

I'd like like to add Caleb is going to the bears.. you know, a team with a long history of great qbs.

7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Making predictions is part of the fun--what gets unfun is when the prediction goes wrong but one rationalizes it for years as being right.

MHJ is going to be fine--its not often the son becomes a bust after showing so much in college.

I think all the Pac-12 QB's are pretenders except maybe Penix.

I think J. Trotter is a good pick cuz dad.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s interesting how many people Caleb has turned off including me to an extent. Not doing medicals at the combine, talking openly about wanting an ownership stake and or driving his way out of town and of course all of the fumbles playing hero ball in college.

However, he does have an on-field resume and skill set that’s probably right below Trevor Lawrence in terms of prospect. He also comes from a system that’s produced multiple good (not great and often under expectations) QB’s in Kyler, Baker and Jalen Hurts.

The Bears have put together a good situation for him. Two Pro Bowl receivers, a good run blocking offensive line w/ young TE, diverse RB room, good defense.

For all of the scrutiny he gets for some of his weird off the field decisions, the kid loves ball. He played on one leg for most of the game against Utah in 2022 in what became a complete blowout and played the bowl game a month later when he easily could’ve sat out and got ready for next year. He also cried in the game that effectively ended USC’s season and for some reason got criticized. Kid was dying to play for a Natty.

azhar80 and NYJalltheway like this.
  9. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Obviously very superficial analysis on my part but USC QBs have generally stunk in NFL. If he was playing half his games in a sunny climate maybe he/they’d do better but I’m in the once burned twice shy category

NYJalltheway likes this.
  10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I agree with most especially MHJ….I don’t know why but my gut is telling me the same thing …. Major disappointment.

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

JD needs to get me Joe Alt!

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The only thing Williams has in common with previous USC busts is the helmet logo. He should be compared to Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, and Jalen Hurts: Lincoln Riley QBs.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I would want any of those 3 at #1, but that is a more positive way of looking at it.

Sent from my genius mind.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Anything can happen with prospects going to the NFL. It's hard to get them all right. I'll just list a few I feel confident about.

Brock Bowers - Will not be the next "generational talent". Extremely overrated In terms of hype. I don't think he will ever live up to the hype. No chance I would take him In the top 10.
    Rome Odunze - I think he will be an absolute stud In the NFL. Runs great routes, has amazing hands, and will contest everything. He would fit our WR nicely.
    JJ McCarthy - I think he has more potential than all the QB's In this draft. I wouldn't be surprised If he was the best out of all of the top QBs In this draft.
    JC Latham - Most underrated OT In the first round. By far. I think he will be one of the best, If not the best OT In this draft.

As far as the draft as a whole.. I think that WR will be the deepest and richest success rate for this draft class. So many good prospects this year.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I disagree on Caleb Williams. he reminds me so so much of Zach Wilson actually.

He has a strong arm but he flat out can’t play in a structured offense. Yeah, there is the occasional highlight reel throw that blinds you to everything else. They are also small for the position although Williams is a little stockier

Bears are making a big mistake here.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

He succeeds if he lets someone coach the hero ball out of him. His arm talent is way better than Wilson though. Might be similar in strength but he has the ability to throw accurately from so many different angles and he’s also very accurate in the short and mid range game unlike Wilson.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That’s probably true there but that’s not what I’d like to hear about the player my team is taking no. 1 overall

Idk about him being more accurate in the short game than Wilson, I have my doubts there, but you could be right there though.

However if you remember correctly they said Wilson could throw from multiple angles too. IMO that’s an overblown attribute, prior to Mahomes it was a negative attribute for QBs actually and maybe it should still be one, idk

IDFjet likes this.
  18. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for Mahomes, we never would have drafted ZW in rd 1--the FO thought they were going to get that type of qb. Thus far he's 1 of a kind.

19. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

My prediction: I think we lose one of our picks due to exceeding the time allowed.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Agreed to an extent but Caleb actively did it on the field during games though. Wilson did it in a fun climate controlled dome during a workout in shorts.

BrowningNagle likes this.