2023 - Week 8: New York Jets at New York Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 15, 2023.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2023.
  1. Jets

85.7%
  2. Giants

14.3%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We finally beat the Eagles first time in our history. Feels good. Also feels good we played 3 upper echelon NFL teams at home very competitively. We beat Bills and Eagles and if it wasn't the refs, we could have come back and beaten Chiefs. We also let Patriots game slide our hands.

It is OK. We are 3-3 and entering the bye. Week 7, we play the Giants. We are the away team.

Daniel Jones and Saquan Barkley should be fully healthy come Week 7. If we win, we are 4-3 and looking pretty close to mid year mark.

I say we pull an ugly win against the Giants and match on.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm with you Brook!

Jets get a week to get healthy now, should have Sauce, DJ, and Echols back for sure. Hopefully the Tippman injury isn't too severe because we need him back.

I like the Jets against the Giants though. Defense needs to shut them out!

RevisIsland18 and Brook! like this.
  3. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Will be tailgating early and attending the game. Let’s go and get the W on this busted team

Brook! and KY Jets Fan like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We won a game we had no business winning; this is a game we have no business losing. We'd better show up for this one. Go Jets!

SOJAZ, barfolomew, cval and 5 others like this.
  5. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Do any of the New York teams know how to manage the clock near the end of the first half?

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Giants are shutting the Bills down midway thru 3rd quarter. First time I am watching them this season so I don't know if they are good or if today is a fluke.

barfolomew likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The Giants offense hasn't scored a touchdown in almost 3 1/2 games, and has only scored one over 22 of the 24 quarters this season, so it will be a big failure if the Jets defense gives up more than 10 points to them. Their defense, on the other hand, played very well today, making Josh Allen look almost as bad as he did against the Jets in week 1, so Wilson certainly shouldn't expect an easy time against them. It will probably look a lot like today's game for each team.

I think next week will actually be important. The Giants play the Commanders at MetLife. That is a game that Washington expects to win, and needs to win to stay in the playoff picture, but could easily lose if the Giants defense plays like it did tonight. If Washington wins that game, the Giants drop to 1-6, and I think it will be very difficult for them to really get up for the game against the Jets when they know that the season is totally over, but if the Giants win, they can easily convince themselves that they've turned a corner, and will come in much more fired up.

Ptflea2, barfolomew, cval and 4 others like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Should be a low scoring affair... they played the Bills tuff.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I wish the BYE was one week further away than it is. We suck after the BYE week.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Coming home from London and playing isn't an easy task. Look at how we punched Green Bay in the face last year.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I truly believe we can beat any team in the league but also lose to any team in the league. There’s no reason we shouldn’t punch them squarely in the mouth which leads me to believe we’re going to struggle and probably lose. But on paper, we should destroy them

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Unless the Giants get a big play from their defense or special teams, I honestly think the Jets will have a good chance at shutting the Giants out. I know that is hard to do in today's NFL with the rules favoring the offense. But I can't see the Giants offense having too much success against the Jets defense.

#12 GREG, Oct 16, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They will march down the field on their first drive like everyone else has. :(

NY Jets68 and Jets79 like this.
  14. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Saleh pointed this out in the post game so hopefully we will be prepped.

15. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I need a game where there's zero stress and I'm hoping this is it. Kick their MFing asses.

#15 Savatage, Oct 16, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
    KY Jets Fan, donkey, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If Taylor ends up having to start we win for sure. We always beat that guy up.

17. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Jets should be able to handle the Giants. But with that said this will be the Giants super bowl with there season going down.

Jets 20

Giants 10

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

What happened to the Giants this season? They looked so good last year. Dabol was the coach of the century and Daniel Jones was a top FQB. Now they stink.

19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Jones was never a top FQB ( may be sarcasm I know ) - truth is he’s one of those QBs who just can’t seem to find his stride. He’s been beaten up so far this year and it may have implications on his career trajectory - neck issues at this point in his life is not a good thing - he does has size going for him, if Zach were the QB for the Giants he would be on IR already.

Dabol is kind of an enigma - looked promising last year. The players loved him. This year he is showing strange fits of temper on the sideline and I don’t think he did himself any favors allowing Jones to take that beating in the rain on SNF down 40-0. Things like that are noticed in the locker room….and it appears to have set the stage for this rocky start.

20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets will win but you’re correct I don’t see it being a blowout - blowouts between those two teams are generally rare they are usually both up for the game no matter what their records are.

I can only remember one game the Jets dominating not necessarily a blow out back in 1981 and the Giants doing the same in 1999….all the other games weren’t really decided until the fourth quarter or OT.