2023 - Week 10: New York Jets vs Las Vegas Raiders (SNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 7, 2023.

?

Who will win?

1. Jets

2. Raiders

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

After that brutal performance on Monday Night, the Jets travel out to Vegas for a Sunday Night Football matchup with the Raiders.

The Raiders looked a whole lot better this week after they got rid of McDaniels and whooped the Giants 30-6. A team we struggled mightily with the week before.

If the Jets want to have any playoff hopes going into Week 11, they have to figure it out on the offensive side of the ball and find a way to win this game.

Patriot and Brook! like this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am deflated. Season is not over but for me, mentally season is over. :(

4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm with ya Brook, last night broke me and I don't think I'll be able to pick them to win another game this year.

I still genuinely hope they can turn this season around but it's now Kentucky basketball season in my mind.

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The season is over. The only thing we have to look forward to now is the locker room imploding over the next week or two and then trying to figure out if Saleh can keep his job heading into next year.

It's a very real possibility that, despite having had an offseason to supposedly upgrade this team, we'll finish with a worse record than last year. Very real possibility.

Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yesterday was rough, but I thought they were going to lose. No matter how good the defense is, or how awful the other teams defense is, the Jets offense caps out at less than two touchdowns every game. Any good QB can lead their team to more than that.

They should be able to hold the raiders to less.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jets win a game similar to how they beat Denver. Probably kick a bunch of FGs, find the endzone once and I think the defense scores.

I don't really care how they get their wins. Just get enough to actually be in contention to see if AR can come back. Win 2-0, it doesn't matter.

KY Jets Fan and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  8. jets_fan

This one will be that big, prime time embarrassment that may get the wheels turning on potential change in the franchise. Woody's about ready to have his team embarrassed on national TV by a team that just fired its coach and has been, up until last week, pretty much inept all season.

Antonio Pierce will have his team ready to play while Saleh's Jets will come out of the gate flat again.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I watched a lot of the Giants-Raiders. The Raiders have a new coach and new QB, Aidan O'Connell, a rookie, drafted in the 5th round, who plays like a veteran. The contrast between the two QBs will be interesting.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'm making this prediction about the Jets-Raiders game: I will not be watching it. Not after watching this horrendous offense. It is unwatchable. There's no entertainment value. When I was a kid, my father, who was a teacher, would work the sidelines of junior high football games as security for extra money. Sometimes he took me to games and watching those games was like watching paint dry. The skill level was so bad. That's how I feel watching the Jets offense. I have better things to do with myself.

#10 dmw, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Normally teams don't get blown out two weeks in a row in the NFL so not necessarily expecting that again...

Prior to the Raiders shakeup and Jets debacle last night, I felt good about the Jets this game. I don't anymore.

Their defense is still legit but their O has somehow gotten even worse and I fear Zach is going to revert from his more recent level of play as one of the worst starting QBs back to last years level as by far the worst. OL is beat up and lousy. Mistakes everywhere on offense and Hackett has shown nothing. I blame QB play first and foremost though but all are major contributors.

I see another loss

Pepsiguy5 and SOJAZ like this.
  12. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Raiders win ugly. We lose even uglier.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Zach will play JUST well enough with a couple of wow plays to extend the pain a little bit longer

Savatage likes this.
  14. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Last night was to be expected. We are the better team, but we could not field the better team. With all the injuries to the oline Zach was going to be unable to score. When do some of those linemen return?

15. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Last night took a mental toll on me. I’ll be watching the Sunday night game with a grain of salt

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jets win 9-7 with 3 field goals. One of them set up by a defensive takeaway

Collinsworth heaps praise on both QBs

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Loss...

SOJAZ likes this.
  18. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

If they trot Zach back out there for this one, I predict that unless there is some freakish 1st quarter event like we return a punt for a TD, we see the team quitting. Offense and defense. There's no hope with Zach out there and everyone knows it.

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. jets_fan

Sunday Night will be the beginning of the end for this current Jets regime. The O will come out and play abysmal again and we're going to finally see it cause a crack in the team live on national TV. We'll see more of the infighting we saw during the Cowboys game. The defense just can't keep playing this well while getting nothing from the offense before tempers begin to boil over. It feels like it's coming, and sooner rather than later.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I decided not to watch any Jets game rest of this season as long as Zach is the starting QB. I am done.

SOJAZ, papapump and Since1969 like this.