2022 Olympic Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by HackettSuxTNG, Feb 7, 2022.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

While I am disappointed that I will not be purchasing that Adam Fox Team USA jersey, I think this is the next best thing. Instead of sending old, washed-up NHL players like they did in that disaster 2018, let the juniors play!

Thank you John Vanbeisbrouk!!!

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_...gRroKkUHlwKSxgp_yZdeQ9S6sd_DIMiVQ0XPRF5Pu9XDA

"All 25 players on the U.S. roster have played college hockey in the U.S., including 15 currently playing in the NCAA … A total of 10 players have spent time with USA Hockey’s National Team Development Program, which is celebrating its 25th season on the ice in 2021-22 … The roster features 21 players who have competed in the USHL and one who played in the NAHL … Of the 25 players, 19 have worn a letter at either the high school, junior, collegiate or professional level ... All 2022 U.S. Olympic Team nominations are subject to U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee approval … John Vanbiesbrouck is the general manager of the 2022 U.S. Olympic Men’s Ice Hockey Team, with Marc Boxer serving as assistant general manager … David Quinn is the head coach of the 2022 U.S. Olympic Men’s Ice Hockey Team, with assistant coaches Mike Hastings, Brett Larson, Scott Young, and David Lassonde and video coach Alex Dawes … Additional staff for the 2022 U.S. Olympic Men’s Ice Hockey Team includes team leader Brij Singh; equipment managers Scott Aldrich and Nate LaPoint; athletic trainers Stan Wong, Jason Hodges and Chris Mizer; team physician Dr. Mike Stuart; and media officers Dave Fischer and Michael Reedy."

2. HackettSuxTNG

By The Numbers

14 Forwards

Nick Abruzzese, Kenny Agostino, Matty Beniers, Brendan Brisson, Noah Cates, Sean Farrell, Sam Hentges, Matthew Knies, Marc McLaughlin, Ben Meyers, Andy Miele, Brian O’Neill, Nick Shore, Nathan Smith

8 Defensemen
    Brian Cooper, Brock Faber, Drew Helleson, Steven Kampfer, Aaron Ness, Nick Perbix, Jake Sanderson, David Warsofsky

3 Goaltenders
    Drew Commesso, Strauss Mann, Pat Nagle

15 Playing NCAA Hockey
    Big 10 - 5, NCHC - 4, HEA - 3, ECAC Hockey - 2, CCHA - 1

8 Playing Professionally In Europe
    KHL - 5, SHL - 2, DEL - 1

2 Playing Professionally In AHL
    Pat Nagle, Aaron Ness

1 Olympian
    Brian O'Neill

6 With NHL Experience
    Agostino, Kampfer, Miele, Ness, Shore, Warsofsky

13 States Represented
    Alaska - 1, Arizona - 1, California - 1, Colorado - 1, Connecticut - 1, Florida - 1, Massachusetts - 5, Michigan - 3, Minnesota - 7, Montana - 1, New Jersey - 1, New York - 1, Pennsylvania - 1

14 NCAA Schools Represented
    Boston College - 2, Boston University - 2, Ferris State University - 1, Harvard University - 2, Miami University - 1, Minnesota State University - 1, St. Cloud State University - 2, University of Denver - 1, University of Michigan - 4, University of Minnesota - 4, University of Minnesota Duluth - 1, University of North Dakota - 1, University of Nebraska-Omaha - 1, Yale University - 2

6-0: Average Height

189 LBS: Average Weight

25.1 Years: Average Age

Youngest roster since 1994 (22.4); 19 years - youngest player, Matty Beniers (11/5/2002); 34 years - oldest player, Pat Nagle (9/21/1987)

3. HackettSuxTNG

So I turn on the game this morning (USA Network 8:10 AM) and I see that the assistant coach of team China is Alexei Kovalav?

4. HackettSuxTNG

5. HackettSuxTNG

Thank you, David Quinn, for reminding me why the Rangers fired your sorry ass, as ANOTHER team coached by you fails to play 60 complete minutes of hockey.

6. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

you seem to be the only one watching that crap :D

bicketybam likes this.
  7. HackettSuxTNG

Its the closest thing to a Hockey World Cup that I will ever see.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Finland beat the Russians in the final 2-1 this morning. Shame that the NHL players didn't participate in the games, understandably of course, but us winning our first ever Olympic gold in hockey made it a lot sweeter in the end :cool:

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Congrats. Your first ever made it big I believe. Pics from celebrations please if it involves beautiful Finnish chicks. :)

FinnishJET likes this.
  10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

the Canada Cup back in the day used to be awesome.

I love Olympic hockey also.
    Hopefully the NHL will allow the pros to compete again in future.
    Lundqvist's gold medal year with Sweden was an amazing watch.

HackettSuxTNG likes this.
  11. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

There's no thread for World Championship tournament, so I thought to post this here...

FINLAND JUST WON GOLD MEDAL AGAINST CANADA AFTER EXTRA TIME!! Home tournament in a brand new world class arena, great night for Finnish hockey.

And by winning gold in Olympics earlier this year, and now winning World Championship, Valtteri Filppula is the first Finnish player to join the Triple Gold Club. Great achievement for him!

BacktoQueens and joe like this.
  12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Kippis! Nice job Suomi

FinnishJET likes this.