2022 Mock 7 rounder from ProFootballNetwork

Discussion in 'Draft' started by wewantsapp, Aug 9, 2021.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Its early but always good to get a little 2022 draft talk going........

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-cummings-august/

1.4 Derek Stingley Jr,. CB LSU (I don’t believe that we’ll be picking 4th at all)
    If Thibodeaux drops to the Jets, then New York has a tough decision to make. They could certainly use more talent opposite Carl Lawson on the defensive line. Having said this, their cornerback room is completely bare. I like the upside of Isaiah Dunn, Bryce Hall, and Jason Pinnock as much as the next guy. But the Jets need more proven talent, and this is the perfect spot to get their pick of the litter. There’s no consensus CB1 in the 2022 NFL Draft just yet. As many as five cornerbacks could take home that distinction in this stacked class, but the most popular choice is probably Derek Stingley Jr. Stingley set fire to the CFB stage with 6 interceptions and 17 deflections in his freshman season. As you’d expect, Stingley has uncanny ball skills and route recognition, and he’s a supremely explosive athlete for his long, 6’1″ frame.

1.23 Jahleel Billingsley, TE, Alabama (this is the Seattle pick which I believe will be in the late teens).
    The Jets added their blue-chip defensive player in Stingley. Now, it’s time to return to the other side of the ball and keep adding weapons for franchise quarterback Zach Wilson. The Jets have a surprising amount of firepower at receiver, but tight end remains a question mark. Interestingly enough, Jahleel Billingsley can assist New York in both roles. Billingsley has the talent and the impending opportunity to potentially be TE1 in the 2022 NFL Draft. At 6’4″, 230 pounds, Billingsley is a bit undersized. Yet, he makes up for that with smooth athleticism, run-after-catch ability, and toughness in contested situations. Billingsley essentially functions as a big wide receiver. He also has the blocking ability to help clear lanes for the team’s new second-round RB (no spoilers).

2.36 Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
    If the Jets move on from Marcus Maye, they’ll need to reset at safety. Jordan Battle has the tools (both physical and mental) to get the job done, and then some.

2.41 Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
    The Jets have a decent rotation at RB, but they could use a No. 1 back. Breece Hall is a perfect fit for Mike LaFleur’s outside-zone scheme with his burst and vision.

3.68 Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College
    4.109 Ali Gaye, EDGE, LSU
    5.136 Edefuan Ulofoshio, LB, Washington
    5.150 Josh DeBerry, CB, Boston College
    6.168 Grant Gibson, C, NC State
    6.188 Dante Stills, DT, West Virginia
    6.194 Dontay Demus, Jr., WR, Maryland

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Good effort. Stingley would give us a nice 1-2 at CB along with Hall. Not sure I want a TE taken in round 1 as many of the good ones were taken on days 2 and 3.

#2 CotcheryFan, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  3. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

No thank you.

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m not a fan of the first pick. Nothing against Stingley but if the Jets were really picking at #4 I would think Thibodeaux would have to be the pick. Teaming him up with Lawson on the other side would create nightmares for opposing QBs. Go CB with Seattle’s pick if it still turns out to be a need. There are a lot of unknowns at this moment at CB which should play out during the course of the season as they gain valuable experience. Also #23 is a little high for a TE particularly that one.

blackssmagic and FJF like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Stingley has the potential to be one of the best cornerback prospects ever if he has a good showing this year. I love Thibodeux too but it'd be a much more difficult decision than you think.

Breece Hall is nice player and all and could be a solid back but this coaching staff and front office will not place that high of a value on a back after taking one last year in the mid rounds.

No thanks to Billingsley. This mock pretty much sucks.

blackssmagic likes this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well I’m thinking the Jets won’t even have to worry about it. They shouldn’t be anywhere near #4.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we need a TE bad but I've seen such a huge range in projections about Billingsley its crazy

9. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Yeah, - I'm not a fan of RB in the 2nd round at all. Between Perine, Michael Carter & even Ty Johnson signed for 2021 + 2022, -- I think we can use draft picks elsewhere.
    Its a perfect round to pick the center/guard combo guy who can play RG in 2022 w/McGovern in his last year at center & then move to C the following year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

It’s going to be

1. Stingley or the Oregon DE
    2. Would love Justyn Ross here or the best interior OL

11. WoodyHarrelson

Ideally. We set ourselves up too with a kings ransom trade back for a QB desperate team.

good time to be. Jets fan. Still think it’s two years away.

12. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. WoodyHarrelson

A lot of options. Here is how I think we shake out:
    1. Draft BPA, most likely a defender (strong class) of Stingley, Thibedoux, etc.
    2. Trade back in we have a QB teams are seeking.
    3. If for some reason Becton look really bad this year draft Evan Neal as a RT (backup LT) but don't think this will be the case.

The Seattle pick will be where it gets fun. I could see them targeting Chris Olvae (WR OSU) or Justyn Ros (WR Clemson) there. If not, maybe interior OL.

14. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Stingley and Thibodeux (or even Kyle Hamilton) are generational talents. I would very happy if we got either.

#14 Get me the Damn Ball, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

My dream scenario now is Stingley and Harrison or Thibodeaux and Elam in round 1.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Drake London USC WR is going to explode this year

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not a fan of this draft at all. This D does not need a CB like Stingley to be successful. Edge and OL (RT and C) are far too important to waste that high pick on a CB. I think you have Billingsley rated far too high.

KingRoach likes this.
  18. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Stingley with our first pick would solidify our corner group for a long time.

with Seattles pick that looks like it will be a top 10 pick we have a lot of options. Trade back is an option but if someone like Hutchison or Hamilton drops then you take the stud.