2022 Financial Crisis: Inflation surging, Stock Market crumbling

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by SOXXX2, May 10, 2022.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuralink
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boring_Company
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenAI

Wealth hoarding? What does that even mean?

[​IMG]

Don't take my word for it, you're free to look this stuff up yourself. This is from the Fed's website, if you consider that a good enough source:

[​IMG]

Do you think you can 5X the money supply in 2 years and have it not lead to rampant inflation? Jesus dude, read a book.

2. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Wealth hoarding essentially companies wasting their money on excessive compensation packages for executives and a focus on shareholder value rather than investing in the company itself.

You're welcome to look it up if you have enough brain cells.

And don't take the lords name in vain heathen

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Your take is much better than the corporate greed is causing inflation take, but IMO it doesn't tell the whole story. The Fed printed a lot after the 2008 crisis, yet inflation didn't happen. I think what it really is is a combination of the money printing/government spending, and a totally different consumer/investor psychology than we had 10 years ago. Back then it was cool to be frugal, so the Fed could print all they wanted without getting inflation. (And you should see how much the Japanese central bank printed without getting any inflation.) But this time it was cool to spend your "stimmies" on junky investments and once things opened up cool to buy stuff with the money. Throw in some supply shocks from Covid and Europe, and it's a perfect inflationary storm.

4. HomeoftheJets

What real world empirical evidence are you referring to? I'm a behavioral economist, not a macroeconomist, so I haven't read a ton of the macro literature, but from what I have read, I haven't seen anything like what you're saying.

Also, wealth hoarding is deflationary; if people are hoarding wealth, they aren't spending it on consumer goods and services.

5. barfolomew

It depends on the definitions wealth hoarding, I'm using the term loosely.

There are a few historical examples of price controls brining rationalization to an economy. Both prewar and war time Nazi Germany are probably the most transparent examples. Also Weimar Germany. And these have in a way lead to the success of the modern german economh. The French economy from about the 1890s to today is another example where regulations and price controls have created a small number of high quality firms.

I like behavioral economics a lot. It explains quite a bit that classical economics fails to.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Biden might have the worst public relations team in the worlds history with the biggest cunt in the world as the spokesperson.

It remains to be seen how his Presidency finishes but good lord, it’s like a high school experimental committee running the PR.

7. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Better than Trump and his band of lying cocksuckers.

8. HomeoftheJets

Nazi and Weimar Germany aren't what I would have picked to make a point, but you do you I guess. :confused: France Idk enough about what happened there.

9. HomeoftheJets

It's sad in a way. The old Biden would have told his staffers to fuck off with that stuff. He's not himself anymore.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

are you talking about the red head? Today was her last day right? You can rest easy, your long PR nightmare is over :D:D

barfolomew likes this.
  11. barfolomew

Well it's the most naked example. And our economy is functioning in a way similar to theirs but unfortunately with less rationalization.

In a way their economic philosophy infected our economics similar to the way that their intelligence apparatus (mostly reinhard gehlen) infected our intelligence communities.

#151 barfolomew, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022
  12. barfolomew

He's a hell of a lot better than trump and his alternative facts. The orangeman and his team were straight up liars and putschists. So glad biden is in and the organutan is out

papapump likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

My worst nightmare? She’s hurt her own party with her bullshit more than any press secretary in the history of the position, my man.

The fact that your partisan view makes you believe that this regime isn’t lying through their teeth in damn near every single statement released through the PR department is hilarious.

You’re right though. The ship has been righted and the country is doing great. :rolleyes:

I’m sure the midterm result will reveal that the country believes the same thing. Kamala Harris’s approval rating from California (her home state) tells us just about everything we need to know about these nitwits.

REVISion and bicketybam like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No, Musk does not yet own Twitter, but he certainly has his greasy pawprints all over it and everything about it got a little greasier today. So, yes - he has touched it and, no - the price is not going up - quite the opposite in fact. There may be people who see him as the visionary you cite but there is also a large contingent that sees him as a charlatan attempting to manipulate markets. His actions today may have those charged with enforcing securities regulations viewing him as that charlatan; questions are already being raised. Time will tell and it may not be just him and the holders of Twitter who feel the heat but also those involved in Tesla and his other holdings; the fallout will be hard to miss.

HomeoftheJets and barfolomew like this.
  15. barfolomew

Trump lost, your daddy is gone. Get over it

16. barfolomew

Anything without America, jesus or news in the title is a bit too highbrow for you huh?

Your 12 month ban seems to have calmed you a bit. That's good.

17. HomeoftheJets

Sean Spicer would like a word.

[​IMG]

barfolomew likes this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

The plot thickens...

REVISion likes this.
  19. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Crypto took a hell of a beating this week.

Luna backed its stablecoin with Bitcoin. Bitcoin price goes down, Lunas stable coin has nothing backing it. Luna stable coin dropped to 20 cents or less. Luna went from $120 to 0.

At least shit projects get destroyed in this market and wont be getting bailed out. For what its worth, this might just be a preview of what will happen to the US Dollar.

The United States is in deep shit regardless. Expecting the Federal Government to panic before the end of the year and start printing 10-20 trillion over the next year or so to save the economy as the recession begins.

#159 SOXXX2, May 14, 2022
    Last edited: May 14, 2022
  20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

What does Trump have to do with his criticism of the current administration? Calling someone a "Trumpster" always seems to be your fallback position when you can't defend the indefensible.

November is going to be mighty grim for you, my friend. All the gains your party has made will be washed away. Poor Nancy will have to take a back seat and it will be the end of her run as speaker of the house. Can't wait.