2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Cold Bats in a playoff game...
    Ladies and Gents your 2010-2021 NY Yankees...

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Carrying 3 catchers today says a ton, and I think it also confirms Sanchez will no longer be a Yankee... For good reason. He's just not an MLB catcher

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He'll go hit .230 and DH for the A's or Twins next year, god willing.

4. JackBower

Green vs devers reeks of trouble

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. Royal Tee

[​IMG]

JackBower likes this.
  6. Royal Tee

7. JackBower

Well that most likely puts a fork in a really frustrating Yankee season.

Terrible offense, and it bit them today.

Odds are Voit and Sanchez are goners. Gleyber may have played himself into a full season at 2nd... But one of him, dj, or urshela may be moved. The infield is going to look a lot different next year.

Hicks coming back I just am not excited about. But he's most likely not going anywhere. Judge and Gallo man the corners, but Gallo could become the 4th outfielder I'm not sure what FA looks like.

#527 JackBower, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  8. Royal Tee

The UMP did NOT cost us but holy shit he was horrible..

JackBower likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I said it earlier in this thread, there are only two ways to make the Yankees into a true World Series contender. Either trade everybody for prospects, suck for a year or two, and shoot for titles in the mid 2020s, or get Hal to stop being a cheapskate and go get the best free agents. Otherwise it's going to be more of the same good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to have a serious shot at a championship.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The ridiculous lineup, cold bats and terrible baserunning were all bad, but really nothing we haven't seen all year long.

The pitchers all falling apart in the same game was really tough to see. I thought this was finally the year the Yanks had enough arms.

11. JackBower

I think they are only a few pieces away IMO. they need to have a more complimentary lineup, and they have a few infield positions they can upgrade and left field.

Hicks can be really important, I just fear he's another redundant player as in he will have a low BA and strike out a ton. They need more contact hitters. Cashman fielded a very questionable team this team.

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Didn’t think too much of this team all season. Very streaky. Made the wild card by the skin of their teeth. Would really love to see them get away from the home run or bust mentality, but I’m not counting on it.
    Don’t care for Boone, hope he goes.

13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

For the life of me, I don't understand how Brian Cashman has a job. This team has now won one World Series in the past 21 years, which is the worst 21 year stretch in franchise history. Over that period, the team has changed managers, coaches, players, scouts, training staff, and even the primary owner of the team. The one constant over those 21 years? Brian Cashman.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Sox fan here...
    didnt think anything of the SOx this year... thought the Yanks slightly better but nuthn special either...

expected Yanks to win the WC cos of the sweep...

pleasant surprise... didnt even watch game... just kept up with the box scoore every 15 mins whuile i watched a movie with my roomate

15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Fire Boone.

16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I have no issue with firing Boone, but if anyone thinks that simply firing Boone is going to fix all of the Yankees problems, they are kidding themselves.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Gleyber should be back but his swing needs to be reworked. His front foot is late on EVERYTHING which throws everything off. I'm not sure if this is different from a couple years ago or not.

The good thing is the Yankees are locked into 6 years more of both Hicks and LeMahieu who will both be horrible contracts within a year or two if they aren't already.

They need to get a real leadoff hitter and 3-4-5 must be Judge/Stanton/Rizzo or other power hitter if they bring Rizzo back. The lineup construction is atrocious and the fact that it changed every day is terrible for a sport that demands consistency to be great. The #2 spot should be for a weaker hitter that needs to see fastballs.

I don't really know where they can add a hitter other than at short? LeMahieu as the every day 3rd baseman is ugly if he doesn't return to form + mediocre defense at best, but I'd imagine Trevor Story or Seager end up here.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Olney said today that he would be shocked if the Yanks don't end up with either Story or Seager. I read rumblings of maybe Correa but that would never go over well. Some people might say they can look past it, but that cheating BS cost Judge an MVP and the entire team a possible title. No chance that locker room would be accepting to Correa.

19. JackBower

I'm sure you know my opinion, but if I'm picking between urshela/dj/Torres I'm trading Torres. He displaces 2 infielders on the team as it currently is.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

How does he displace two infielders? He's a good fielding second basemen when he's not making dipshit decisions.

Urshela has way lower upside. As much as Gleyber's struggled you're trading away a 25 year old at his lowest value possible.

There's no picking between DJ. No one's trading for that contract at 32 unless we pickup a couple years after he hit .269 and is a below average fielder who really just needs to play first base (which teams don't want with his limited power).