2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for this to blow up in Cashman's face. Not a fan of these signings, especially Gallo. And once again Cole get batted around like a cheap pinata. He struggles against TB.

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

This is potentially a great double entendre for that trade

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Rizzo is a stand up A+ guy. You always welcome someone like him in the locker room. Plays great D at 1st too. But as a hitter his game is declining.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Further proof that Cashman and the analytics department will create a roster that can't win postseason games because it's homer or bust. Rizzo isn't a monster strikeout guy fortunately but Gallo is. At least both play good defense.

This signals that the Yankees only have an interest in building their farm system up to trade them away rather than actually developing players.

Both moves can probably get them a wild card though so there should be playoff implications here.

5. bicketybam

Let's say that by some miracle they make it to the WS, could you see this team beating LA or SF? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

I miss the days when the Yanks focused on pitching. Cash has lost his way.

6. BrowningNagle

Not a Yankee fan but that's a little unfair. The prospects they sent were all ranked in the teens (or later) organizationally. Your statement makes it seem like they were flipping their top prospects.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

It's not unfair. The Yankees have the luxury of doing so because they have a top payroll in baseball. They literally do not need to hold onto their prospects at most intervals minus the top tier guys because they can just cycle through larger contracts as they so please.

The Oakland A's and Rays generally have to keep even their mid-tier prospects (even though they both finally made bigger moves this year) or they'll never retool and they'll end up like the Royals and Pirates with decades of bad rosters.

The Yankees are not allowed to have a 75 win rebuilding year and their roster model disallows for it anyway.

8. bicketybam

I'd prefer to trade no one at this point. No one is beating the Dodgers.

Trea - 2B
    Mookie - RF
    Seager - SS
    Turner - 3B
    Muncy - 1B
    Smith - C
    Bellinger - CF
    Taylor - LF
    Pitcher

Their rotation

Scherzer
    Buehler
    Bauer
    Kershaw
    Urias

Their rotation is insane. Who is beating them? Not sure if you are a Mets fan but they would get swept by them. It's insane. They are the new Evil Empire.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

not a mets fan but yeah, that's a hell of a team. Would give the All-star team troubles in a 7 game series. I dont know how they can afford everyone

10. bicketybam

Who do you root for?

11. BrowningNagle

Cubs. Its a family thing

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  12. bicketybam

Well the Yankees are only 2 games out of the wild card with all of August and part of September left to play. It's hard to throw dirt on them just yet and I'm sure Cashman is looking to save his job. But is this team able to complete with the Astros, Red Sox, Rays, Giants, or Dodgers? I don't think so.

On a positive note, we do have the best record in NY, but the Mets play in the worst division in baseball. Not a single team other than them has a winning record. Pitiful. I don't see them going anywhere.

13. bicketybam

Thanks for Rizzo.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Yanks look good and keep winning despite the fact that Boone and the analytics dopes believing that they need to change the lineup format every game. Rizzo rakes in his first two games? Great! Let's put him in the leadoff spot.

The Sox still have Sale coming back and looking good in rehab. The Astros are without Bregman for another week or two pending rehab games and might have the deepest lineup in baseball outside of the Dodgers. The Yankees are likely not beating the Sox or Astros in a series. They'd need two herculean performances by Cole where they can save the bullpen to get into the mix in the 5th/6th inning of multiple games he doesn't pitch in.

Not like there's a lot out there but they should've made a play for some pitching help if they were going all in with getting Rizzo/Gallo.

bicketybam likes this.
  15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Jw... How do Yankees fans feel about the Brewers spending way less money, and being way better?

I'm ashamed any of you are Jets fans but somehow Yankees fans too

Forewarning: I'm just playing around and like to talk sports

#315 NYJalltheway, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Rooting for the Brewers actually. Their pitching staff + Hader at the backend is impressive. I hope they can keep it going because unfortunately staffs like that usually have a hard time in the next two months.

Thought they should've tried to add one more bat other than Escobar too but as you said, not every team is the Yankees. ;)

17. bicketybam

Hmmmmm. Let compare a sport that has a hard cap to one that doesn't have one at all. Makes sense l.

The Brewers aren't winning dick. Good luck getting past the Giants or Dodgers.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  18. NYJalltheway

I'm just giving you guys shit lol. Honestly nothing is worse than a Dodgers fan, and I'll die on that hill.

19. NYJalltheway

We've seen a lot of close tries, but as a wisconsinite in general just having the bucks win is enough for me. I just hope the playoffs are exciting, and yeah the pitching is lights out, so we'll see.

bicketybam likes this.
  20. bicketybam

I hate the Dodgers and Mets. Nothing would make me happier than the Brewers winning at all