2021 - Week 2: New England Patriots @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 13, 2021.

?

Who will win

Poll closed Sep 19, 2021.
  1. Jets

24.4%
  2. Patriots

75.6%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Week 1 didn't go as we planned. Onto our home opener.

Our very own @jaywayne12 prepared a very nice video to review the Panthers game and take a look at the Patriots game. Watch if you are interested and don't forget to hit the Like button to spread the good word.

Also please watch @PennyandtheJets video here and don’t forget to like :)

Patriot, NYJetsO12 and Noam like this.
  2. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Well it’s no mystery expect the patriots to put heavy pressure on Zach as we all been talking about O-line was atrocious…at this point we can only hope they can clean up there play and figure it out quick.. I want Wilson out there playing..But if he takes another beating like he did yesterday then maybe it’s best to put the back up in to protect our investment in Zach , he can’t take hits like that for 17 weeks…. Jets please shock me!!….But you got to pick the pats in this game

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jets are 5.5 dogs right now. Don't think we even cover that. Prob lose by 2 TDs because our OL is putrid. Can't have a rookie QB get pressured 40%+ times and only run for 2.6 YPC.

FJF and jetstopgun like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

RIP Zach. If there’s one guy who knows how to exploit a weakness, let alone a glaring massive gaping hole of a weakness, it’s Belichick. Sold my tickets to stay an extra night in Saratoga Springs and I feel great about it.

Leicester Jet, SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Under pressure v. Carolina, Zach rolled out to his right EVERY TIME. Of course most right-handed QB's will instinctively roll right, but this was extreme.

We know (from his pro day) that Zach can sling it while moving to his left, but until we see it during game action, we may struggle to keep defenses honest. Belichick in particular will be all over this tendency while game-planning coverage and containment this week.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Patriots scored 16 points at home this week. The Jets scored 14 points on the road. They both have rookie QB's, with the Jets having the better one. Not sure why the spread is Jets (+5) right now.

Mac Jones has the better team around him, but he is still a rookie making his first start on the road. I think this will be a close, low scoring game. Something like 13-10 Jets.

Acad23 and zace like this.
  7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Honestly the most realistic take. Carolina is a far better team than NE is. Their issue is QB play and it will continue to be an issue.

NE is getting too much credit. Theyre not awful, but theyre not as good as they use to be.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Belichick chews up and spits out rookie QBs. His record there speaks for itself and were talking 20+years of different talent levels of QBs and talent levels on his defense. He made Justin Herbert look like trash last year. I expect the same this week. They have a better defense than Carolina anyway with Josh Uche as an emerging pass rushing talent.

Better hope Mac Jones has an equally rough rookie-type game (which could happen) or it will be a double digit loss. I dont expect much more than 10-13 points for the Jets offense

SOJAZ and Noam like this.
  9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If the OL doesn't figure out their communication issues this will be a fun one to watch.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Have a feeling this will be a close low scoring game.

11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Let's see how much Lafleur figures out and adjusts between last week and this week. He has to do a better job on putting Zach in manageable down and distance situations and giving him easier quick reads.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This has all the earmarks of another long, somber afternoon. The upside is the OL should be better with Fatboi not on the field. Lets see... LeFleur vs. Belichek. advantage: Belichek. I don't see a way the Jets win this game even at home in the big AC. LeFleur will have to come up with a better game plan than gut rushes on 1st and 2nd downs creating 3rd and longs all day. If Zach does not survive his rookie season without a trip to the IR, blame LeFleur.

Leicester Jet and SOJAZ like this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This can't happen against New England.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I don't know why we are underdogs when we are only 1 game out of first place?

15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I hope Wilson doesn't get destroyed. If he doesn't, it's a win. That's where we are

Cman68 likes this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Nobody confuses young qbs like beli does. This is going to be brutal offensively. I expect Zach’s first pick 6 this week. Can saleh rattle Jones and keep this close is the question?

Cman68 likes this.
  17. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

I think Carolina is a better team than NE overall. But I still give the edge to NE due to Belichick's record against rookie QBs. Tua beat the pats last season, but the stats weren't that great. The other rookie QB before that was......Geno Smith.

18. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Not holding my breathe on it, but I would just love it if Wilson came in and shredded the Pats defense...... would require the O-line to get their act together of course.

50ShadesOfGreen and NYJFOREVER like this.
  19. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

New York Jets vs New England Patriots GAME PREVIEW | Week 2

You were too damn quick for me @Brook! lol

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Added to the OP :)

PennyandtheJets likes this.