2021 TE Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CotcheryFan, Oct 21, 2020.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's clear that the Jets don't have a TE that can produce consistently. They should absolutely consider taking one in the 2021 draft. Pitts is the top prospect, but our first pick will be too high to take him and he might be off the board by the time we pick with the Seahawks selection. Or maybe not. If he is, it won't be the end of the world. Many of the game's top TE's weren't taken in round 1. So who are the TE prospects worth looking at?

Kyle Pitts(Florida)
    Pat Freiermuth(Penn State)
    Jalen Wydermyer(Texas A&M)
    Brevin Jordan(Miami)
    Jeremy Ruckert(Ohio State)
    Jake Ferguson(Wisconsin)
    Charlie Kolar(Iowa state)
    Cade Otton(Washington)
    Trae Barry(Jacksonville State)

I'm sure there's more, but these are names I've heard of or read about.

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

TE drafting is a luxury for teams with an offense. Griffen is solid--So many other needs wouldn't bother with TE earlier than 6th rd in 2021. Trot out two right tackles in 2021 if needed. My opinion.

wewantsapp likes this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hunter Long of Boston College is tearing up the ACC!

35 receptions for 416 receiving yards and 3 TD receptions also has outstanding size @ 6'5/253 lbs.

He's the best TE in college football that no one is talking about!

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand your opinion, and it's valid, but I disagree. A TE can be a QB's best friend. Griffin hasn't been solid this year, and he's basically only a receiving TE. Wesco is basically a blocking TE. At this point Herndon is shit. We need a quality TE. The more weapons we have, and the more different types of weapons we have, the more lethal our offense can be. Look at KC. They had Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce and that was pretty darned good. They also had a very good RB (whose name escapes me at the moment), who they wound up releasing. Now they have Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Bell, Hill, Kelce, Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman, and others. Who does the opposing defense try to shut down?

Most likely our RB position isn't going to be very good next year. Whomever the QB is will have to pass a lot. Even if Mims develops, that's only him, Crowder, maybe J. Smith and V. Smith. That's not scaring anyone. Add a veteran WR in FA, and a RB, WR, and TE in the draft, and the QB will have some quality weapons at his disposal.

BomberJet likes this.
  5. I’d take Pitts in a heartbeat at Seattle pick. Hes just a straight up baller.Can line up in line,slot or even out wide.Runs good routes,dependable hands & is a contested ball freak.

Use this guy as a chess piece all over the field to find the best match-up. Could be a Rookie QB & a new HC’s best friend

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't know what it is, but something tells me Ferguson is a sleeper prospect. Good size, hands, route running, and has decent speed. Would be a nice round 3 pick.

7. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Ruckert is a beast, and has a ton of potential. He is incredibly athletic for his size! Remember when he won a Long Island Championship with Lindenhurst.

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I like Freiermuth

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that we absolutely need to take one. I'd love to add either Pitts or Freiermuth. Brevin Jordan wouldn't be bad either. I need to research the others. With Douglas being a former OL, I would think that he might gravitate towards a TE who is an excellent blocker, but Pitts is such a weapon that if he's there at Seattle's pick, he probably would be the BPA on the Jets' board unless he favors Freiermuth for his size and blocking ability as well as his receiving ability.

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Not a good TE class.. I think we solve that in free agency