2020 NFL Draft Database

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 101GangGreen101, Dec 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I just took a quick look at it and am puzzled. It looks very interesting, but on the WR page there is no Jeudy, Lamb or Higgins. Why not? I noticed also that at other positions most of the top-names aren't listed.

#2 NCJetsfan, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

They're on there. Just control + F it or look down the right side. Seniors are on the left, juniors on the right.

4. 101GangGreen101

Yah it's not super organized but ctrl f it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

OK thanks. It's confusing. They aren't listed in ranking order or alphabetical order. It's just a random, jumbled mess imo. For instance on the OT page, there are 12 OTs listed first. They have grades beside their name and their names are bolded (meaning there is a report on those players). Then Andrew Thomas and he is given a 1st round grade, not a rating grade, and his name isn't bolded even though there is a report on him. Next, 5 OTs are listed with round grades, then a whole slew of OTs with UDFA (preliminary) grades. I realize it is still early, but it looks like they would have the top prospects at each position listed first in order, and then others. Their Key is confusing. There are too many colors and different factors.

How did youi know Seniors are on the left and juniors on the right? How did you know to do a Control + F???? There's nothing on the Intro about that. What do the carats (^ or ^^ or no carat) mean? There's no explanation for that.

Their analysis of the players could be first rate, but the way the info is displayed will cause them to lose credibility and interest. They need to get it better organized and in a clearer format imo.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It says "Seniors left, juniors right" in the title of the spreadsheet.

I use control + F to find almost anything specific on a website, it cuts time spent looking for something in half.

After searching through hundreds of research articles in my master's program I've been conditioned to use it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Thanks! I had never heard about control + F before. I'll have to remember that. That definitely will save a lot of time!

Obviously, I didn't see the "Seniors left, juniors right" in the title, but imo that's a screwy place to put important info. That should be with the rest of the key.

8. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  9. Thanks for posting.

Theres no stranger feeling than watching film on prospects only to watch the Jets repeatedly take the wrong guy.Makes you wonder if the people on this forum either watch more film or are simply smarter than the Jets personnel dept.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I think it's the latter. How many times do they make a pick, having us go, "WTF??!!" And we're right more often than not. Just look at this past draft where we needed a pass rusher and Allen was there for the taking. We ended up with a prospect who couldn't survive the final round of preseason cuts and it remains a glaring hole going into the offseason. Or how we took a QB in round 2 who was a project at best.

KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

The organization struggles big time between the FO and the CS, I think its been that way for some time now. Coaching staff wanted Ed Oliver, the moron Mac wanted Q.

Of course we do a better job here.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. J-Raw24

So our obvious needs are LT, Center, WR1, Edge, CB1, RT, one or both Guards, and a young RB to at least develop. I also think we can include O line depth, a free safety to push Maye and provide depth, secondary depth, wr depth, and a decent backup qb. I've been saying this is at least a 2 year build, but I think we can get a good start this year. I'm sure there maybe more we need, and what I posted I don't think necessarily has to be in that order.

13. NCJetsfan

That's a good and pretty thorough list, but I think that depending upon whether one sees Cashman as a starter or backup, but I see him probably only as depth, and think we need an ILB who excels in coverage, and a K probably needs to be added to that list as well.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  14. J-Raw24

I agree with both, if we let Williamson go he will need replaced. Not sure his replacement is on the roster. That said our backups have played well all season so there is a possibility. Kicker is a definite need.

15. 101GangGreen101

Cashman has potential and I think a healthy Mosley will help accelerate the learning process. He can run sideline to sideline but needs to do a better job finishing plays. Health is also a concern.

I prefer keeping Williamson.

FJF likes this.
  16. The sad thing is you arent wrong OR exaggerating in the least!

We all know that rarely do the jets or any team take the exact player we want at any spot. Its usually somewhat unexpected but even w that knowledge they STILL find a way to baffle w who they pick.

NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

I agree that Cashman has speed and potential, but I'm not certain that he's durable/strong enough to be a starter.

I disagree regarding Williamson. I understand why you want to keep him, but he could open up cap space for us to sign another starting CB or OL, and he's not much better than Cashman in coverage. I'd rather just roll with Hewitt and Cashman next year, and then look to add an ILB who is solid in coverage in 2021.

KurtTheJetsFan and J-Raw24 like this.
  18. J-Raw24

We got Mosley, Hewitt, Cashman. I could see adding someone cheaper or getting a 6th rounder. Maube some udfa to push as well. I don't think its a major hole and would yse what we got next year. Then if it doesn't work itself out we can try something else in 2021.

19. 101GangGreen101

I think we forget how good Williamson is. He's one of the best tacklers in the league. Excellent blitzer off the edge. Cashman, Hewitt, and Burgess at this moment are mediocre. Depth is essential.

I wouldn't do it, but I understand the cap situation.

NCJetsfan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Pretty sure Hewitt is a f.a. and likely to get more elsewhere. He played well this year. I’m betting they keep Williamson as to not open another hole.