2020 Mock 10/30

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WoodyHarrelson, Oct 30, 2019.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Based on how the season is going, we will be picking high in the draft. I do think we will win a game or two more, ultimately putting us out of the Chase Young sweepstakes (if we went that route). But, it would be for the better anyways as hopefully Darnold is evolving. A lot of the resarch is from Draftwire
    https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019...t-updated-week-8-joe-burrow-tua-tagovailoa/7/

Knowing JD, he likes to build from inside out. They know they need to protect Sam and I think even if players like Jeudy, Young, etc. are there, they will opt for the following:

Round 1: Andrew Thomas OT-UGA. I think Jets will have the first shot at an OL based on Tua, Herbet, Young, Jeudy all being sought after. Would be a great building block for years to come. I still think Edoga can succeed as a RT (he looks awful at LT) since he is athletic and looked good at RT when he played. Could be a good edge duo for the future.

Round 2: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin. Enough said, we need to protect the QB. No point in having all these weapons (Bell, Herdon, Anderson, and a QB you paid up for if you can't protect). We should be able to plug guards in (one high priced from FA). Even re-signing Winter (cheap signing only) could fill out the OL.

Round 3: Alton Robinson Edge-Syracuse. He is having a down year and his team sucks. He is the focal point of opposing teams offense but he dominated in 2018 (10 sacks). Pretty big recruit out of A&M and exceeds when he stands up actually. Quick twitch player, could be a good steal if he is able to slide.

Round 3: Tyler Vaughns WR-USC. Another player who benefits from being on a lousy team but if you watch him play, he is a gamer. If he had Darnold at USC he would be a 1,000 yard WR

Round4: Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan.

2. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I like it. Center might be our most significant need actually

rscherwin likes this.
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The first two choices is definitely what I want to see. Build the OL. As far as the later picks - I don't know anything about the specific players but those positions are definitely a need. I'm personally hoping JD concentrates FA around EDGE, OG, CB, and WR - then turns around and drafts the same positions but concentrates on tackles for the OL. We need starters and depth. How would Brandon Scherff look at guard in between those two top picks?? A brand new line....

rscherwin likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not bad. This team needs a brick and nick type draft to set it on its way.

rscherwin and mrjet80 like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

OMG not even Halloween yet and we are focusing on the draft ----ugh

sackexchange and mrjet80 like this.
  6. I hate the idea of taking Thomas top 5 & I think Biadasz is slightly overrated & much prefer Creed Humphrey.

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yes Humphrey is moving up the charts - he will wind up the #1 rated center. He probably will go in the mid to late first round.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.