2018 Qbs last 6 games stats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 14, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

1st overall - mayfield
    56.6 completion %
    1496 yards
    5 TDs
    11 INTs
    3 fumbles
    66QBR

3rd overall - darnold
    66.2 %
    1444 yards
    9 TDs
    2 INTs
    2 Fumbles
    98.5 QBR

7th Overall - Josh Allen
    63.0 %
    1346 Yards
    8 TDs
    8 INTs
    5 Fumbles
    80.7 QBR

10th Overall - Josh Rosen
    55.7%
    833 yards
    2 TDs
    5 INTs
    4 Fumbles
    60.8 QBR

32nd overall - Lamaar Jackson
    65.1%
    1507 Yards
    11 TDs
    5 INTs
    2 Fumbles
    96.7 QBR

76th overall - Mason Rudolph (note only started 3 games so adjust stats accordingly)
    68%
    1068 yards
    10 TDs
    2 INTs
    2 Fumbles
    105.1 QBR

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is we should've drafted Rudolph. ;)

3. GasedAndConfused

lol the other part is besides baker, Rudolph is in the bets position currently. he's in a stable franchise who has been good for decades. a good HC, sat and learned form a future HOF QB and no teams have tape on him. he isn't asked to do much either. but he is playing well and deserves credit. for all intents and purposes he's outplaying rosen, allen, and mayfield and comparable to sam and jackson who are showing to be the 2 best so far.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

On a more serious note, one thing I'd love to know is what Baker was up to this offseason. I'm half-expecting some Manziel-type stuff to start leaking out where he was partying instead of practicing. Because he looks like he didn't prepare at all.

Pepsiguy5 and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

I mean we can only speculate but from all the reports I've read he was working on building his brand for that "extra" non football related money. I don't think baker is snorting coke like johnny football. I could see him out drinking and partying every day though but it would be crazy to think half the NFL isn't doing that in the offseason too.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I feel bad for Josh Rosen. His career literally may be ruined. Mayfield's stats are surprising and disappointing, but it is early. Darnold's stats look great, especially for his situation. Allen looks about right. Average QB, average stats. Jackson is in the best situation by far and his stats reflect that. Rudolph's stats, are you sure that is right? I watched them play and he could barely get a 1st down. He has 10 touchdowns? Wow.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Still think Darnold will be the best of the bunch and Mayfield is overrated.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

I don't think Rosen is good regardless, but he also got screwed. Mayfield has been the worst QB in the NFL this year, which is probably the biggest sophomore slump of all time. But he has the ability to be decent if he can get his head on straight. Darnold has flashed some special talent and has the highest ceiling, but he needs to prove it week in and week out. Allen is a terrible passer and a great runner benefiting from an elite defense. Jackson is a great runner and protects the ball, but they don't make him carry the team. And Rudolph doesn't have 10 TDs, those stats are projected to a 6 game sample.

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Lousy attitude on draft night. That's what I remember...karma.

Darnold has the highest ceiling out of the 2018 group. Can the Jets keep him healthy? Give him an OL and we're looking at a top 3 QB.

Freddy Mondo and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Rosen is a big pouter and finger pointer. He’s more abrasive than Mayfield (seems an impossible feat).

He will be on his third team within 3 years of being a 1st round selection. Might be the first time ever that happens. His days as a starting QB may be numbered.

blackssmagic and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have to give props to 101gangreen101 who hyped and promoted Lamaar Jackson non-stop all off-season before the 2018 draft. Nice call.

I am not giving up on Mayfield but it is certainly not clicking for him right now. I feel bad for Rosen. I am not sure he will ever resurrect himself. Allen seems to be better throwing from the pocket than last year but he needs to make a lot of improvements or he will not last. He has a great defense, decent OL and he simply needs to not screw things up. Instead he has been a turnover machine.

Darnold seems by far the best of the bunch. His ability to feel pressure, extend plays and make quick decisions gives him the potential to be a top 5 QB and he is only 22.

Our HC might be a pyscho, our OL might need a total rebuild, we have no cbs or edge rushers but i really like our future because of Darnold.

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I had reservations about Sam in the months leading up to last year's draft. But, his cutting down on turnovers and showing signs of becoming someone who can makes others around him better make me glad we got him. He's not a FQB yet, but he's headed in that direction.

As for the other QB's, Jackson is looking like the best of the bunch now. Mayfield has taken a step back, Rosen has been worse than I expected, and Allen continues to be plagued by turnovers. Too early to say what Rudolph is IMO.

#12 CotcheryFan, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Acad23 likes this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

i guess I’ll link this here. That second throw to crowder is pure ecstasy for me.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

yeah i feel bad for rosen too. he went to a team with a lame duck coach who didn't give him a shot despite the team sucking and their other Qbs sucking with little help on offense just an aging fitzgerald not much at WR and DJ was out for the year. then he gets traded in the offseason to miami who is awful and traded away all their players for picks. no o-line, no run game, nothing. Now miami is gonna draft Tua and he's in the same position. he's a top 10 drafted QB who isn't in the future plans for the 2 teams he's been on in less then 2 years.

Allens stats actually surprise me. I thought he'd be much worse at this point. he was a huge project with a huge arm. he's progressing faster then I expected and at worse case has shown he isn't going to be a bust.

Rudolphs stats are extended to match 6 games. I took his stats from the only 3 games he started and doubled them. he has 5 TDs and 1 INT in those 3 starts. he also had 2 TDs and 1 INT in the 1 game he didn't start but came in after ben got hurt. he's 7TDs 3 INTs on the year in total

Lamaar isn't in the best situaiton at all. i'd say he's somewhat similar to sam but with a better o-line but worse defense. ravens D isn't looking good at all this season. he doens't have much at WR. just rookie brown who has cooled off and andrews at TE. jackson is carrying that offense with his arm and legs.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

trading back and drafting lamaar and getting more picks was my idea as well. before we moved up for sam. I figured sam would be gone by 6 and wasn't sold on taking any of the others that high. I prefered to slide to the middle of the round and grab jackson. we would have had at least 4 extra 2nd round picks if we did that

16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

He looks, dare I say it, fat.

Noam and HomeoftheJets like this.
  17. mrjet80

More evidence the Dolphins are run worse than the Jets. They traded a second round pick for him thinking they got a bargain. The 'bust" warning signs were evident all of last year. Then the Dolphins turn around and trade away their all-pro LT, and a good young potential #1 CB for draft picks. I'm sorry - I don't care if they're first round picks. It's all still a gamble. The organization already " announced " they were tanking this season to select a QB in the 2020 draft. They simply shrugged their shoulders and figured they might as well start from scratch when they already had strong building blocks. Where would the Jets be right now if they had an all pro LT and a young #1 CB?

The Dolphins probably will finish 0-16 and then screw up at least 2 of those 3 first rounders......good for them.

#17 mrjet80, Oct 14, 2019
    Freddy Mondo likes this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

Let's just entertain the thought of Sam being a top 3 QB in the future. So we'll wait for Brady, Brees, and Rodgers to retire. That still leaves Watson, Mahomes, Wentz, and Wilson as QBs who have already proven themselves. Plus other young QBs and future prospects who could be very good. In the end, Sam being top 3 or top 5 is unlikely. Top 10 is more plausible, but even that may never happen. Let's see if he can finish this season as an above average QB first.

Wahoo likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

disagree here. wentz hasn't looked great since his injury. I know everyone loves wilson but i'm not that high on him. not enough to call him top 3 in the NFL. top 10 sure but he's more above average and good at protecting the ball, then an elite QB. At this point when I look at the young elite or potential elite QBs obviously mahomes, and after him it's kind of jumbled. Watson is up there, and probably sam and lamaar jackson. Even kyler murray has some potential to get there too. he's looking good as a rookie. it's very plausible to thing darnold will be considered a top 3 QB in the NFL 3 years from now. by then rivers, brees, brady, rodgers, will all be retired.

mrjet80 likes this.
  20. mrjet80

Like I said let's keep him healthy as in standing upright and he will be a top 3 maybe top 5 QB. Darnold has the talent to match those last four QBs. You say Watson has proved himself - he hasn't won anything yet either. It's up to the Jets to support Darnold. If they continue to neglect the OL Darnold will wind up going down the path of an Andrew Luck or possibly Watson (if Houston continues to neglect their OL - although they've played better the last couple of games). If not he will be what most of us think he will be - a top QB in this league.

#20 mrjet80, Oct 14, 2019
    ColoradoContrails likes this.