[2019 - 2020] NY Knicks Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Sam Hammer, Oct 18, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There were a lot of Mac fans here, before the end of the season. Majority just wanted Bowles gone up until the last week of the season.

What fans want ain't always best for the franchise either. Monken clearly wasn't HC material as no other team hired him. Jets won despite Woody's antics, and put us in a major hole with the Idzik saga.

Noam likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

True, no other team wanted Monken. But no other team wanted Gase either. All I'm saying is if the Gase decision flops, Chris is worse than Woody in my opinion. You're free to disagree.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

No other team wanted McCarthy either but myself and many others did . IF Gase turns out to be the wrong guy ( and I pray that Chris n Mac were right and I was wrong ) ITS ALL ON Chris n Mac . Honorable mention to the fact if Gase turns out to be a putz then MAC will be gone as well and Thats all on Chris Johnson ! You want to change perception ? Then finally get this right regardless of who myself and other fans wanted as coach or GM. You want to continue to be a train wreck ?= Lets see if Chris got this wrong !

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

Now with the news breaking that he's likely to sit out the entire season in Dallas, another factor in this trade could be KP's health.

I had shoulder surgery at NY's Hospital for special surgery (the same place KP went after his injury) the day after KP's MRI scan. Don't ask me why, I know it's not ethical or whatever, but my surgeon saw the MRI and just flat out told me that KP's knee was fucked and his recovery will be alot longer than most people assume. If this was actually true, knicks dodged a bullet by not giving him the max and getting two picks for the guy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

The Packers were interested in Gase. But we will see.

6. HomeoftheJets

The Packers hired LaFleur when Gase was still available. So if interviewing Gase but choosing not to hire him counts as interested, then I can say multiple teams were interested in Monken. And you can't say Monken wasn't head coaching material. Because the only thing Gase has on Monken is Chris chose Gase over Monken. And we'll see if Chris's judgment can be trusted.

Noam likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

They were interviewing him for offensive coordinator positions, not head coaching ones. Notably Cleveland.

I'll take Gase, as he had prior experience.

8. HomeoftheJets

The Packers and Bengals both interviewed Monken for head coach. The Packers case is a little confusing because after they hired LaFleur, they interviewed Monken a second time for OC. So Monken got three HC interviews compared to two for Gase.

101GangGreen101 and Noam like this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-j...-irving-and-anthony-davis-to-knicks/303477044

Do it, Jamal!!! He's going to turn this whole city around! Next, he will need to recruit Harper to the Mets.

[​IMG]
    AFC safety Jamal Adams poses with Genesis sedan after being named most valuable defensive player in the NFL Pro Bowl football game at Camping World Stadium. (Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports)
    Jets safety Jamal Adams doesn't just hope to recruit football stars to New York.
    Adams believes the Knicks will land three big-name NBA superstars:
    Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and Anthony Davis.

The 23-year-old Adams has already outlined his plans for the Jets to land both Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown to help Sam Darnold and the Jets revitalize their offense. He's said he wants the Jets to get more "dogs" to help rebuild the franchise into contenders.
    And perhaps that methodology will help the Knicks, too.
    Following Thursday's blockbuster Kristaps Porzingis trade, the Knicks will have enough salary cap space to pursue two free agents to max deals this summer. Surely, they'll have their options given this year's free agency class could include Durant, Irving, Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler and Kemba Walker, among others.

#89 Sam Hammer, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    stinkyB likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Monken has no NFL HC experience ..so in that respect Gase has the edge
    Let's see if Chris Johnson has a better "eye " for talent than Woody

BTW if this is a Knick thread I just spoke to my son and he tells me they are like 10-40 and have not won big since the 1970s or 1990s ???? Almost as ridiculously bad as Jets lol...I haven't been following the team and it seems their Coach looks shaky...maybe this mega deal pans out

Leave it to me to be a Jets/Knicks/Mets fan my whole life..duh

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Time to que the music ; Who Let dah dogs out ..Who let dah dogs out...woo hoo

Ahahahah

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

We better keep losing and finish with the worst record.

Just our luck even with the worst record chances are we'll still fail to get the 1st pick lol. But really not funny though.

But this Zion kid is super, super special.

I haven't liked a prospect as much as this kid since LeBron coming out of High School. And what he's doing in the ACC right now, as only a Freshman is jaw dropping he's going to be a freak of nature on the next level.

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

14. Sam Hammer

stinkyB likes this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

FJF, HomeoftheJets and GordonGecko like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

beat the shit out of Atlanta last night... the long losing streak is finally over and Smith Jr. looked great.

anyone care?
    anyone? :D:D

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  17. Sam Hammer

The team needed that win. Nothing wears players down and makes them unhappy more than long losing streaks. I honestly thought it would end against the Cavs, but this is long overdue. The players needed it and draft lottery position was not compromised. Right now the team is void of talent, but if they bring in the right players, they could take a huge step forward next year. Kind of like the Jets. They are both in similar situations.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Worst Knicks season I can ever remember, haven't watched any of it...

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

glad to have you back Matt. I noticed you hadn't posted in awhile

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Thanks Browning, glad to be back