2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

No way anyone can argue with this right now lets see what we look like in July

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Lou is going to either get Panarin or steal Marner. We roll with Greiss one more year before Sorokin comes over.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Im not getting a warm fuzzy feeling maybe thats a good thing ?

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I believe Lou is looking at who showed up in the playoffs, the only two guys that did were Eberle and Nelson. Nelson having the tougher position to play.

Lee is a good presence to have in front of net but that’s all he does well, he’s not fast, he doesn’t win to many battles in the corner, and didn’t show up in playoffs either. I know role players are important but they can’t completely dismantle the team that made it to second round of playoffs.

The team needs tweaking not wholesale changes, that being said, Lehner was a big reason why they were a good team last year, no reason why Lou should not sign him.

CBG likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have said this before and I think we NEED to sign a big name FA in order to improve dramatically and for other players to WANT to come here. I still think Panarin is a pipe dream and that he goes to Florida but I also get the feeling that Lou really wants BOB, I have nothing but my gut feeling to base this off of. I think the team will be improved this year with the kids developing but if we are to compete with Carolina or Boston or the other teams in our division who BTW have improved I think LOU must make some moves as our top 6 IMO desperately needs improvement. You cannot sell me Tom Kuhnhackl on our top or 2nd line. It would help us out tremendously if we could rid ourselves via injury settlements of Ladd or Clutter or both !!!! Time will tell July 1st is here tomorrow.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You were right about Lee, he played well enough during the season but his style of play was a liability during playoffs.

It’s apparent that if you have big men, they better be multidimensional at a very high level, similar to what the Bruins and Blues had.

I believe there is a clause that allows teams to get rid of players who have career ending injuries that have long term contracts.

However, I think it can only be used on one player so his salary won’t count against the cap.

I’m a little nervous about what Lou is going to do.

CBG likes this.
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I hope this is true. Bob McKenzie is one of top people in hockey as far as reporting goes. Obviously nothing is done until the contract is signed but the Isles are the favorites to land Panarin without Bob. Come on Lou get this done.

See below for Bob's tweet

CBG likes this.
  9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

CBG and JetBlue like this.
  10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Please, God, if you deliver Panarin to the Isles it will be irrefutable proof that you are an all loving, merciful God.

CBG likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THIS Double from me !!!!!!!

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Man if he goes to the Rangers that would suck big time. I just can't wait till this is over. Hoping it turns out well for the Isles.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have had major dental work that was less painful than this waiting game ! Get it done Lou !

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

1 hour and 38 minutes of this hell left !!!!!

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

INCARCERATED BOB tweeting the Rangers have signed him,,,,,,,,,,they just traded Vesey to the Sabres,,,,,,,,no one else confirming Panarin to the Rangers ---> YET. PS last year IB said Tavares to the Islanders so hang in there

18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This was a full frontal kick in the balls and it sux ass. Almost as bad as last July 1st and to honest its a real close comparison. Still giving Lou time and Marmer and 4 first rounders is not the answer but Josi or Petrangelo and a trade for AHO would make me a little less ill then I am right now as this is just about as bad as it could get, unless they give LEE 8 million then it just got worse

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

And thats why it was the speculation thread. Unfortunately for you guys, the NYR arent the Knicks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.