2016 AP All-Pro Team

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by wewantsapp, Jan 6, 2017.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Matt Ryan, Atlanta
    Running Back: Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas
    Flex: David Johnson, Arizona
    Tight End: Travis Kelce, Kansas City
    Wide Receivers: Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh; Julio Jones, Atlanta
    Left Tackle : Tyron Smith, Dallas
    Right Tackle: Jack Conklin, Tennessee
    Left Guard: Kelechi Osemele, Oakland
    Right Guard: Zack Martin, Dallas
    Center: Travis Frederick, Dallas

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

Edge Rushers: Khalil Mack, Oakland; Vic Beasley Jr., Atlanta
    Interior Linemen: Aaron Donald, Los Angeles; Damon Harrison, New York Giants
    Linebackers: Von Miller, Denver; Bobby Wagner, Seattle; Sean Lee, Dallas
    Cornerbacks: Aqib Talib, Denver; Marcus Peters, Kansas City
    Safeties: Landon Collins, New York Giants; Eric Berry, Kansas City
    Defensive Back: Chris Harris Jr., Denver

SPECIAL TEAMS

Placekicker: Justin Tucker, Baltimore
    Punter: Johnny Hekker, Los Angeles
    Kick Returner: Cordarrelle Patterson, Minnesota
    Punt Returner: Tyreek Hill, Kansas City
    Special Teamer: Matthew Slater, New England

SECOND TEAM

OFFENSE

Quarterback: Tom Brady, New England
    Running Back: David Johnson, Arizona
    Flex: Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh
    Tight End: Greg Olsen, Carolina
    Wide Receivers: Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants; Mike Evans, Tampa Bay
    Left Tackle: David Bakhtiari, Green Bay
    Right Tackle: Mitchell Schwartz, Kansas City, and Marcus Cannon, New England
    Left Guard: Marshal Yanda, Baltimore
    Right Guard: David DeCastro, Pittsburgh
    Center: Alex Mack, Atlanta

DEFENSE

Edge Rushers: Jadeveon Clowney, Houston; Cameron Wake, Miami, Olivier Vernon, New York Giants, and Brandon Graham, Philadelphia

Interior Linemen: Ndamukong Suh, Miami; Calais Campbell, Arizona, and Gerald McCoy, Tampa Bay

Linebackers: Lorenzo Alexander, Buffalo; Luke Kuechly, Carolina; Lavonte David, Tampa Bay, C.J. Mosley, Baltimore, Zach Brown, Buffalo, Zachary Orr, Baltimore, Alec Ogletree, Los Angeles, Dont'a Hightower, New England, Whitney Mercilus, Houston, and Benardrick McKinney, Houston

Cornerbacks:Janoris Jenkins, New York Giants; Casey Hayward, San Diego, and Malcolm Butler, New England

Safeties: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Green Bay; Devin McCourty, New England.

Defensive Back: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, New York Giants

SPECIAL TEAMS

Placekicker: None.

Punter: Marquette King, Oakland
    Kick Returner: Tyler Lockett, Seattle
    Punt Returner: None.
    Special Teamer: Nate Ebner, New England

2. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Makes me sick to see that list. Snacks has an All-Pro season,..................with NYG. We find the uncut diamond in the rough only to see him go to the other NY team. 2016 is like a nightmare I cannot wake up to.

Others on the list that make me ill.
    Whitney Mercilus, Dont'a Hightower, David DeCastro ----- all drafted AFTER Quinton Coples.
    Bobby Wagner ------ drafted AFTER Stephen Hill.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix ------- drafted AFTER Calvin Pryor.
    CJ Mosley ---- we were 1 pick away but the Ravens stole him. We ended up with Calvin Pryor.
    Bernardrick McKinney ----- drafted AFTER Devin Smith.
    Landon Collins -------- NYG gave up fourth and seventh round 2015 draft selections to swap their #40 overall to Tennessee for their #33 overall & draft Landon Collins. We stayed pat at 37 & selected Devin Smith.
    Vic Beasley, Jr. ------ tough one. We selected Leonard Williams 2 picks prior. I was just hoping that Beasley would end up like Vernon Gholston.
    Johnny Hekker -- Rams punter - undrafted in 2012. Found after our entire 2012 draft class (Coples, Hill, D. Davis, J. Bush, T. Ganaway, R. Griffin, A. Allen, J. White)
    2 (thats right - TWO) special teamers from New England.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Shitz's $12 mil should have gone to Snacks

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If keeping Snacks meant trading Mo it may have also been the right call.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

How on earth can a two down guy like Snacks be All-Pro? :cool:

Shoulda been All-Pro last year. He was great last year ;)

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Congrats Snacks, a great run stopping season for sure. That's what a big FA signing will do for you.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It sucks seeing Snacks on that list but I firmly believe we did everything we could've to try to keep him. Maccagnan said on Francessa's show today that they aggressively pursued him to the point where it came down to the Giants and us. If Revis wasn't due $17 million this year we probably keep him. Regardless if it's Fitzpatrick or Revis' money we could've saved him with, it's all on the general manager.

With all of that being said, our run defense wasn't the problem and won't be the problem moving forward. It would've been great to keep him, but I'm not in the camp that is for paying a 2-down defensive lineman nearly $10 million per year on average. It's just bad business if your franchise isn't already a firm playoff contender with a Super Bowl caliber quarterback.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I get the sad comments on the All-Pros and how got drafted after our under achievers
    But I just don't get the second guessing o snacks. Wilk was the move and Snacks was the sacrificial lamb
    It really stings because he's a big name now with the Giants
    He's probably All Pro because he's on the high profile Giants.
    We've got to bite the bullet and move on

Only silver lining in the dark cloud is that most of the blown picks are on Tannenbaum

#8 Endlessly Counting, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It's amazing Jet fans, specifically in this thread don't understand this. It's been said about 100 times already.

Snacks wouldn't have made the Jets a better team this yr. I am happy for him, but I hope Deon Simon our new NT can do more on passing downs

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what Slater got on for, touched the ball 3 times on specials and fumbled twice. Add 6 tackles to that and you have his special team stats.
    Of course I don't focus on N.E. special teams play so I'm sure I missed something since he was voted to his sixth-straight Pro Bowl. Every article I pulled up just said he was selected, not why. Except of course articles talking about his fumbles.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I disagree on the run defense not being an issue this year. I think the loss of Harrison made a big difference in the running game that affected the whole defense. Statistically maybe things weren't too different but that doesn't tell the whole story.

in 2015, because of Harrison and the run D, teams faced a lot of 3rd and 9s, 3rd and 8s,etc. That helped take some of the pressure off the secondary, particularly a secondary with speed issues that needed to rely on giving some cushion.
    In 2016, teams faced much more 3rd and 5s. Now statistically its only a couple yards difference in the box score but it makes a load of difference in terms of getting off the field and hiding your weaknesses.

not to mention the blitzing. It's easier to blitz on 3rd and long than 3rd and short and blitzing was way down this year

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean his loss definitely hurt the run defense a little bit, but I really don't think it was anything catastrophic. It'll be vastly improved with a completely healthy Mohammad Wilkerson, Darron Lee/Jenkins/Mauldin another year in and some more defined roles for said players.

I saw a much larger problem with the inside linebackers in the run defense than I did along the line. I'll stay firm in not believing in giving a 2-down nose tackle $10 million/year.

I did a stat breakdown on another thread and I believe we gave up something like 15 more yards/game in the run game, 0.1 more yards per carry and maybe 10 more yards per game than the Giants did with Snacks.

I think we'll see a much improved run defense next year without so many new moving parts. The front 7 will remain almost entirely in tact moving forward. That goes a long way.

I also believe Maccagnan did everything he could to keep Snacks (to the tune of around a $38 million total contract). Thanks to his lovely glutton spend in 2015 we didn't have the funds to keep Snacks. You can thank the combination of signing Revis/Gilchrist/Skrine for that and their piss poor pass defense that came along with it.