2014 NY JETS OFFENSEIVE OUTLOOK

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

On the eve of the 2014 NFL Free Agency...These are the positions that I see the Jets must upgrade to be a real contender for the Vince Lombardi Cup this season. Jets roster needs real talent upgrades to vie with the other contending teams & to be able to withstand injuries of a long season. I will go position -by position.

OFFENSE:
    QB: 1 Vet needed as back-up Iam comfortable with Geno as the starter & Simms as 3rd string. I would love to see Vick, Josh McCown, or Josh Freeman as 2nd string QB's.

RB: 1 RB needed with starter potential via FA/or draft. Someone that has starter potential. Speedy/and/or with power/speed combo. I like the kid from Auburn Tre MAson or Ka'Deem Carey of Arizona, or DeAnthony Thomas of Oregon. Thomas is a game-changer.

TE: A starter is needed. Whats missing with the Jets current TE group? The big good hands, great blocker 6'6" 270lb TE. Cumberland is a good 2nd TE & I really like the potential of Zack Sudfeld {A steal from the Pats} as the 3rd TE. Jets will be set at this position for the next few years. Maybe draft Troy Niklas from Notre Dame & groom him.

WR: 3 WR's needed via FA/& or/Draft. I like Golden Tate #1 choice, reminds me of Laverneus Coles. Jets currently have Kerley, David Nelson, & a trying to make it Hill. Hill can only get better, he can't get worse . With Hill & Nelson as ur 4th & 5th WR's; Jets would be okay. They need a bi WR. via draft or maybe take a 1-yr incentive laden deal with Kenny Britt??? Maybe? They still need a big WR. I also like alot from draft Mike Evans & Brandin Cooks Oregon St. A real player #1 WR for Jets. Best WR after Watkins, who will be gone at 18th pick.

OL/G: 2 needed via FA/Draft. the current Guards on roster can only improve. Hopefully Colon comes back & Jets still sign a FA Guard. @ Vets can only galvanize OL.

OL/T: 2 needed. A starter & back-up needed. Austin Howard hasn't yet signed. Can Howard play Guard ?

C: Jets have Mangold, but need to start to groom his successor or back-up. I believe Brian Winters will eventually move over to Center down the road, better fit for him with his skill set.

KR/PR: 2 needed. DeAnthony Thomas, Brandin Cook, Golden Tate, Josh Cribbs. Jets need to improve this area.

Priorities: OL always #1, WR #2, TE#3...big blocker needed, KR/PR #4...changes field positon, RB#5 game breaking speed RB scares defenses.
    These improvements will help Jets to have a very good season & improved team.

2. fansince'66

fansince'66 New Member

Why doesn't anyone mention Jerricho Cotchery as a FA receiver? I think he is the best available and would be perfect for Geno. He made Mark look decent.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Did you see how he left?? No way he comes back and puts on Green and White.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I do believe Vince Lombardi left his cup in the car when he got picked up on a DUI
    [​IMG]

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

and yet Ben Roethlesberger could not make him look decent.

I am hoping the front office analyzes players based on their skills today, not how he performed three years ago.

6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

46 catches for 600 yards and 10 TD last year for Cotchery. But I digress

Cotchery I thought re-signed with the Steelers, but he ain't comin back here. Our offensive outlook looks bleak right now because all these free agent WR want to sign with proven QBs and offenses. We'll have to blow them away to get them to sign here. Our offensive lifeline will be through the draft. I could see us signing a RB in FA

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Grab Blount! And Draft 4 Weapons WR/TE

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping for Golden Tate. He's the hidden gem of this FA WR group. So underrated.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

First and foremost, it doesn't matter what changes the Jets make, there's no way they're going to be a serious contender for the Lombardi Trophy. That's just being too much of a homer.

Josh Freeman is an answer? Please, he's awful. I don't care if he is younger, he's one of the last QBs I'd want the Jets to add.
    I like both Mason and Carey, but the Jets don't need to add a RB that high. I hope they will add Thomas, but he is not a candidate for the starting RB position. He will be a role player, 3rd down back and STer. If he's as good a prospect as it seems, I'd be happy with Nicklas coming to the Jets. I definitely agree that the Jets need a 2-way TE with prototypical size. Kenny Britt? Yuck. He's awful and has terrible character. Not only do I not want him, I'd be royally pissed if the Jets did add him. Agree that OG needs to be addressed, preferably in FA. Why would the Jets want Howard to play guard? RT is the bigger concern if Howard goes elsewhere. I'm curious, what makes you think Winters will move to Center? He was a LT in college. What skill set do you see that translates better to C than OG?

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Sproles, James Jones, Pettigrew, and McCown all high on my FA list.. maybe Schwartz too.

11. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

1st, Mangold is getting older & slower, while Winters is more cerebral than physical. Winters can become the future back-up Center & Jets can get bigger & more porewful at Guard position. Winters has decent footwork & can pull. If u watch the better & younger Centers in the league, u might notice how they are able to get downfield blocking; while Mangold rarely gets past the line of scrimmage & looks like just running is a massive effort.

Draft RB's mentioned were not as day one starters, but contributors bolstering the positon with solid talent & depth.

12. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

Why do we NEED a rb? Ivory, Powell, and Goodson if he's not in jail would be great. But if we don't have Goodson we had that kid Green who was decent last year. Not many teams have 3 above average rb's.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Who the fuck calls it the Lombardi Cup? Who does that?

32 teams, one cup?

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

He probably left because Mark was getting him killed with those jump balls across the middle.