2013 week 6 - Pittsburgh Squeelers @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Write about it here.

They beat a team they weren't supposed to and crapped away a very winnable Patriots game. We SHOULD be 4-1 but hey...we'll take it.

The Squeelers are down right butt ass crappy right now. The Jets SHOULD roll this but...you never know!

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Scary game. Pitt is an 0-4 team coming off of a bye, equipped with a coach who knows how to motivate his players. We are the better team . . . but we are young and coming off of a huge win. How will we handle prosperity?

3. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Hate them coming off the bye with us having the short week.
    That being said...let's keep them in misery!!!

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Steelers are weak and real beatable. Need the D to bring their A-game AND keep it there all game long. Cannot afford to fold late like they are notorious for. Closing out games is necessary, even if it's against a shit team. Also, I want to see Geno have a b2b great performance, and then some.

Glad this one is a home game. Crowd will be hot and behind them.

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

dont like the matchup... dont care if we are home. dont care if they are 0-4.

Big ben extends plays... and we historically can never bring him down. our back 7 cant cover to save their lives right now. if big ben extends plays against us like he has they are gonna put up some big points.

tackling should be the main focus this week in practice

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh is talented. Definitely not taking them lightly despite their record. Hopefully Geno don't turn the ball over, the defense gets pressure on Ben and we run the ball.

7. Trick Sticks

Trick Sticks New Member

They played a decent game in London last week. If they were playing like they did in weeks one and two I'd have very little doubt that we would win.

Going to be a tight game.

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Knock Ben out of the game. He's ready to throw in the towel. Bring the jail break, hit him.

9. Nick

Nick Member

I'm looking forward to this game after our performance tonight. Honestly, this may be the easiest game of the season so far. The Steelers weak Oline will get destroyed by Mo Wilk, Snacks, and Richardson. Besides Antonio Brown (Who Cro should be able to handle), the Steelers really don't have any offensive weapons who scare me. On top of that we will be playing a old Steelers defense which shouldn't give Smith too much trouble as long as he plays smart. Assuming we get a turn-over free Geno next week, I see us winning this game easily.

Prediction: 24-13, Jets move to 4-2

10. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

History doesn't have anything to do with this year's team.

This defensive front 7 is the best we've had since Kris Jenkins was healthy. Their RB situation is shaky. I'm sure Ben will make plays but if we play relatively mistake free, it's certainly a winnable game.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Steelers O Line is bad, Richardson and Wilkerson should have a field day.

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Shut the Run Game down and put pressure on Ben (and Tackle Him) and he will be bound to turn the Ball Over.

13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Bingo right there!

There were two or three plays tonight where there were enough missed tackles for a whole game on each play!

Time to hit the sleds and tacklin' dummies this week for sure.

14. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Obviously I saw the Steelers up close last week in London. I think they can still move the ball and score, but they can't stop a nosebleed on defense. Could play out similarly to tonight's game.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

They are coming off a Bye and hungry for a win. I think theyre better than their record. If we protect the football we will win, if we turn it over multiple times we'll lose imo. It will be nice to be at home.

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh is not as bad as their record indicates. Will be a grind out game and home field gives us the win

17. tcw722

tcw722 Member

In a twist of irony, Roethlisberger will be thrown down onto his back against his will multiple times for a change.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The only QB I love getting plastered by our d-linemen more then Brady is this Roachlisburger

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The only thing I'm thinking about the Steelers game is that the Jets better be completely focused on it. All it takes is one glance down the road at the Pats and the Jets wind up getting upset and giving away the advantage the win in Atlanta just got us.

20. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

That's why this game IMO hangs on the secondary. Some of the receivers have serious speed and Heath Miller is healthy