2013 Week 1 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

First game, will not be easy to win. Can't wait to get this season started.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Too soon? off topic?

3. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

You know he can't wait

4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Well living down here in Tampa I listen to the local sports radio broadcast, and they are in panic mode down here.. Their QB situation is just as bad as ours.. Freeman is horrid.. We might be able to pull this one out.

5. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Gonna regret that statement about midway through the first quarter..

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty excited. Less excited to see Sanchez throw a pair of pick sixes to Revis (who I still respect and love as a player) but just for football to be back.

7. Jay Bizniss

I doubt Sanchez will start.. I think this shoulder injury is a lot more serious than what they will tell us.

8. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Which is sad. At least the pick 6's to Revis would have sentimental value.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This is a very winnable game, assuming sanchez starts I expect to win it.

I know it means nothing as far as this game goes but we are 9-1 all time vs. TB, even w/ a 50 yr old Vinny off the couch in 2005 we beat playoff bound TB.

10. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

This is a bit of an exaggeration. They believe in Freeman enough to go all in with Goldson and Revis and not address the position beyond a backup third rounder. We don't believe in any of our quarterbacks.

I agree that it's a winnable game because Freeman is inconsistent and this is the NFL, but Freeman would instantly be the starter for us if we acquired him today.

11. nyjunc

they believed in him so much they didn't extend him.

Sanchez is better than Freeman, Freeman has been at times a decent stat guy but he's not a winner. Put him in a big game(or as close as they have gotten) and he always fails.

12. Jay Bizniss

After his showing against the Dolphins Saturday night, they(Tampa fans/media), have 0 faith in their offense this year..

Freeman has all of the physical abilities to be very successful in the NFL, but like Sanchez it all comes down to the mental aspect of the game.. And they both do not have that.

13. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Yeah, I'm not arguing that he's Aaron Rodgers, I'm saying he'd be a giant improvement for us.

As for "0 faith", you're talking about fans and fans, all of us, generally know nothing and overreact to everything. They didn't sign Nicks, Jackson and Goldson and trade for Revis if they didn't think they could win now and if they had no faith in Freeman, they would have addressed that position further. They may not be ready to extend him, but they weren't ready to replace him, either.

14. Jay Bizniss

They are giving Freeman one year to prove himself and if he doesn't, they will go out and get a QB in this upcoming draft... Way better prospects in next years draft than there was in this years.. They are building the rest of the team up so the last piece will be the QB.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think we see the tight ends' getting the football early and often. It won't be easy to run on TB, but if we can get some rhythm going - Sanchez maybe able to make plays down the football field.

This game is def winnable.

16. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I agree that they're giving him one year to prove himself. That still doesn't mean he wouldn't be a huge improvement for us.

It may work out that the last piece of building the team is quarterback, but there's no way that was the plan. They have a small window with the pieces they've spent good money on, they definitely don't want to waste it by bringing in a new rookie QB.

17. nyjunc

no he wouldn't, when will people realize the healthy talent we had last year? no QB would have succeeded especially one that has never succeeded at all in this league. They surrounded him w/ a boatload of talent last year and he still struggled.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think we have the defense, offense, and special teams to win, just don't give TB easy/free points from our offense. I don't think we are good enough to overcome that.

I am excited to see how Cro does vs Vincent Jackson and if Revis/Holmes will be battling or both will be sitting due to injury.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think the Bucs beat us along the lines of 27-14. Jets offense struggles, Tampa Bay makes more plays.

If we win, I will feel ALOT better about the potential of this team because imo the Bucs are prolly one of the most talented teams and are playoff material.

20. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Freeman blows. Easy win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.