2013 NBA Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Jun 22, 2013.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Draft and Free Agency approaching.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

All I know is the Knicks better ditch JR Smith, or they have no chance at sustained long term success.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Knicks are in a tough spot. Little to no cash to use, Pablo and Copeland need to come back.

The Knicks need to use their draft pick wisely and then fill out the rest of their roster cheaply. The Knicks also need to figure out if they are going to go in with Melo at the 4 as their main lineup, or switch him back to the 3 and use Melo,Amare, Chandler as their main lineup as that will influence what they need to get.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What's up with Seattle? Are they getting the Sonics back or no?

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I find it difficult to find actual free agency news about the NBA, so I'm quite pumped about this thread. It's not a huge year outside the top 2 free agents, but I'll be paying attention more this off season than any other one regardless.

I wonder if OKC keeps Kevin Martin..

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Guess Doc Rivers is the new Clippers coach...

Celtics got a 1st round pick in 2015 for the rights to hire him...So it's technically not a trade...

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

fucking sucks...I would really hope we can get a second option scorer here...I think Paul Pierce would have taken this team over the hump with Melo

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This offseason is very interesting, nearly every team has big decisions to make, from coaching to roster.

9. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

While I'd be all for Seattle getting an NBA franchise, stealing it from Sacramento isn't the way to do it. They know how it feels to get burnt.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

NBA has 30 teams

I think no harm if they add 2 more teams.

1 to Seattle and 1 one to Newark. 32 and 16 makes the play offs. Neat

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

No harm? the harm was already done when they overexpanded in the last 20 years, it would make NBA basketball even harder to watch. We had a great finals but the play overall in the league would be watered down further and to put a team back in NJ? for what? The nets couldn't draw flies, the devils can't draw in Newark and that soccer team can't draw despite a tiny Stadium. Why would they put a team back in NJ? Seattle deserves a team but it should be a relocated team. I'd rather see them contract than expand.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

NJ will never see an NBA Team ever again.

Seattle deserves one and maybe Louisville or even Pittsburgh.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Seattle def gets one and I think the other one in serious debate at the moment is Kansas

14. nyjunc

Kansas City has an NBA arena built already but they did fail once(I think they did, I am not sure why the Kings left).

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Celtics likely to buy put Pierce, Broussard said, they dont want to keep him because him sticking around would delay the rebuild.

KG trade will also get shot down if traded to the Clippers.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Heh think about this, a coach left the Boston Celtics to coach the LA Clippers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...ppers-agree-principle-doc-rivers-deal-sources

I'm reading that the NBA/Stern would consider blocking any trade between the Celtics and Clippers now as they would see that as part of this coach deal which they don't want (players/coach deals combined). So that means KG who has a no trade clause and would have waived it to go to LAC will probably be staying in Boston.

Paul Pierce might get bought out if he can't be traded. Rondo is watching the team crumble around him.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

a first round pick for Rivers is more than enough compensation for a coach, and as long as any trade for Garnett appears is equal in value, so the first rounder for Doc can't be argued to be part of that trade to increase the value and make the player for player even, I don't see how the NBA would have any leg to stand on blocking a Garnet trade to the Clippers.

that being said, I hope the Clippers simply don't pursue him.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The Nets failed because they were in the stupidest possible location. Meadowlands is right near NY, and only draws people from the city or from north eastern NJ. The same people that are already mostly Knicks fans. Nobody's driving all the way up there from central or south jersey to watch a basketball game. If they had that stadium more centrally located they could have called them an actual NJ team, but they never were. They were just an expansion of NY, hence why they failed. Now they are more like the Jets, except they at least have their own stadium.

#18 Barcs, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Also Rivers is a straight up bitch. I can't believe he's bailing out on the Celtics the second they are in a tough situation and don't have 3 all stars to carry him. Rivers is going to be like a Phil Jackson type coach. If your team doesn't already have mega talent, he will not even come near you. A real coach can make it work with less, they don't just jump ship when the going gets tough.

20. nyjunc

so you think if they had a team in Piscataway they would have succeeded? didn't the Nets start in Piscataway?