2013 Mike Fatcesa Thread now featuring Idzik interview!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tcrock, Mar 8, 2013.

1. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm listening to this a hole today..Don't kow if anyone else is.

He's really unbelievable when it comes to the jets. He's all over them becasue they haven't come out and said what the direction of the team is? Really? That's the source of this ongoing rant he's got going on today.

What it his expectation I wonder?, are they suppoosed to come out to explicitly state in no uncertain terms that they are rebuilding? Isn't it enough that this is implied to anyone that has any shred of knowledge about football through cap shedding and potenitally dangling Revis, not to mention the absence of a solid QB?

does any team in any sport really ever come out and explicitly state that? (ok maybe besides the Mets, but a lot of that is implied also)

it's ridiculous. I hate myself for listening sometimes. The funny thing is, his beloved Giants are really one player away from all of the same questions (Eli) but yet they are always solid in their approach and their "direction".

Oh he also has been going on about how Rex's career is a mess now, and if they have a bad season and he gets fired, he's done as an HC........I'm willing to bet everything i own that he'd get another gig if fired from here.

2. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Haha, he just asked a guy how good is Morninweig. "And don't tell me about the Eagles! That was all Reid, just tell me about the Lions! How good was he?"

3. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

yeah, if anyone else picked him up it would be a brilliant move. I know I'm contibuting to this nonsense by listening, but I find his obsession fascinating. I really hate the Jets fans that call and agree with him on shit though....are you people serious? It's now 1 hour and 40 minutes into his show and the Jets are all he's talking about, hardly a major NY sports story at this point.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Thats ridiculous. His situation on the Lions was a disaster to no or very little fault of his own. Some of the least talented teams in NFL history.

5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

his GM in detroit was? even tannybum was better than that guy!

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Yeah Matt Millen is easily one of the worst GMs of the past 20 years. The Lions were awful basically the entire time he was running the show.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Think you could stretch it to one of the worst GM in sports history. It's amazing how long the Lions kept that guy. Was not qualified for the job to begin with. After being hired, no matter how badly he screwed up the owner loved him.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

tank is focusing on the jets because he doesnt want to talk about his beloved yankees, and if he talks his normal shit about the mets people will start bringing up the yankees mess.

so he has taken a baseball hiatus to whine about the jets.

i can say at this point that i hate mike, he is absolutely terrible and it amazes me people not only listen to him but actually like him. i just dont see how any sensible person could like to listen to him.

he seems to be getting more and more people calling in giving him shit, which i think is great, its time for tank to retire.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I was listening to Colin Cowherd yesterday, and he said that his salary at ESPN is fixed, so ratings aren't incentivized.

I'm not sure if this is also case with Francesca; but it's something to wonder because a lot of posts in this thread tell people to stop listening in the hopes of harming his career. Might not matter.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if less people listen then the advertising is worth less. and he is less likely to be resigned or even gotten rid of.

i think it would be interesting to have someone who isnt a complete dickbag on new yorks top sports radio station.

11. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with Francesa is when he's interviewing someone interesting and the person is trying to say something but fatso keeps talking over him. Then the other day someone called in to complain about that and Francesa cuts him off, talks over him and then we never hear from the caller again. I hate when he does that. I want to hear the callers response you jackass!!!

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

What's funny is that people like my old man ( Giant and Yankee fan ) who used to listen,,,,,no longer do . My old man who is retired and would watch on YES or listen in the afternoons hates how he talks over guests and callers. People hated Howard Cossell but they still watched,,,,people dislike or hate Francessa and they are not coming back ! I have not listened or watched him in almost 3 years now,,,,,1050,espn might suck but it is better than the alternative ,WAY BETTER !

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

ripping the jets a new one right now; specifically RR.

#13 jilozzo, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  14. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

"Rex lost so much weight he's now invisible" :rolleyes:

15. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

So let me get this straight, he tears Rex Ryan a new one for 4 years because all he does it talk, but now he's ripping him for being quite?

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

What is he ripping us for now?

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

dismantling the team and asking where rex is thru all of this?

says the jets are positioning themselves for a very high pick next year

and claiming clowney is the surefire #1 pick next year, rightfully so.

18. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I dont know why anyone would listen to Francesa, except for the unintentional hilarity.

I like Michael Kay, and Don Legreca is the best guy on radio IMO. No brainer to just leave it on 98.7 FM.

19. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

I would kill to be able to draft Clowney.

20. rjmkrm

rjmkrm Member

How would you feel about Manziel instead? If this kid plays like he did last yr, no way he doesnt come out and no way he isnt the #1 overall pick.