2012 Week 7 - New York Jets at New England Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RutgersJET, Oct 14, 2012.

1. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

What do y'all think our chances are? If we run on the pats like we did on the colts, it will be a close game. One thing that I'm worried about is the really fast tempo Belichick and Brady have been using this season. Our defense has been pretty awful against the no huddle.

:pats_suck:

#1 RutgersJET, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. The_W

The_W Banned

Win and we'll be no. 1 in the division and will also hold a 3-0 record in the division.

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

We also could be tied for #1 in the division at the end of today (somehow)

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Nobody will give us a hope in hell but fuck em. We'll need at least 27 pts to win this game, if we can run the ball we got a shot.

5. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Lose next week, and we'll inevitably be at best 3rd in the division with a half game behind MIAMI.

6. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Jets lose by a TD, won't be able to get off the field on a 3rd down and the no huddle fast tempo will hurt the Jets who are already slow as it is.

7. reverseapachemaster

The chronic problem with this match up isn't just a mismatch of players but also a mismatch in coaching. We get outplayed and outcoached. We will have to see the offense supporting the defense a lot and some really smart play calling. If there was ever a time to have a super-secret Tebow package, this would be a good game to roll it out.

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

Pats are a soft team feasting on weak defenses

we smash them in the mouth next week and win by 2 TDs.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

This game is going to be close. We really need to play on the same level as we played today.

We win by 7.

10. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

BIG game next week. A chance to grab the lead of the division after a couple of bad games is nothing to scoff at.

The Patriots have an easily exploitable offensive line. Win in the trenches, win the game.

11. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

Less penalities, no turnovers, will increase the odds of a better game for the JETS. Wait to see if any injuries on the Pats team from them playing in Seattle today. Maybe, the weather in New England will cooperate for the JETS! Hopefully the game will be fun to watch. There is always this message board for laughter during the game. Y'allz crack me UP! :jets: Thanks for the laughter!

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

we wont win this game but i want to be wrong.

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We'll get comfortably beat. Brady is schooling the Seahawks as we speak.

14. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I don't see us winning this game any way I look at it. But that's what upsets are for, right?

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Not sure how we'll be able to get much of a pass rush. We have enough LBs and DBs who won't be able to match up with their weapons, and that will be an issue. Welker will run circle around Wilson.

No clue how we stop them. Also not convinced we're going to score that much. Going up there on the road for this game, this will not be easy. Could see a blow out, hope I'm wrong.

If the Jets win this game, it's because they win the turnover margin by at least 2. The Jets also will need to convert in the redzone. Turnovers, 3rd downs and red zone percentage are key in every game, but especially against New England, and especially when we don't have a ton of margin for error.

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Everytime we come off of a "big" win, and have to play the Pats, we always, always shit the bed.

I hope this team proves me wrong. HUGE game on so many levels next week, boys and girls. If you're traveling up there, be loud and proud no matter what the score. I'll be in Baltimore next week end, so hopefully I can find a bar to watch it.

Plus, I'm glad, in a way, that the Pats are beating the Seahawks. SEA was supposed to give them an upset, and obviously aren't. Hopefully the JETS could be that upset win!

17. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Good win today guys ...

I hope you beat the Pats and the Pats-Fins game in 2 weeks can be for 1st place

18. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

If what you're saying is true, then how do we win? Our defense isn't what most would call strong.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm usually optimistic and I think if this game was played 10 times, we would win 1/10 times. I don't think this Sunday will be that 1 time.

I see their offense overpowering us through hurry up and no huddling. I see our offense not taking advantage of the few times we stop them or get goof field position. Probably a 31-20 loss as of right now.

I just don't think we are getting that 1 time this Sunday

AND we need to go down the field a lot. We need some quick scores.

#19 displacedfan, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

if we were to win this game we need to score on the 1st possession and play with a lead.