2012 schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by headshoes, Jan 4, 2012.

1. headshoes

headshoes Member

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Diego Chargers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

of course that looks like a cup cake schedule compared to the last few years but we know the drill with this team....

man would it be nice to catch some lightening, have a good offseason, whip everyone into shape, and serve up a convincing 12-4 record next year.

the football gods wouldn't allow that, would they?

3. JetsNation28

JetsNation28 New Member

Doesn't look too bad right now but you can't predict how a team is going to be right now or even right before the season. The NFC West was average this year but better then I expected them to be with Arizona be 8-8 and Seattle being 7-9.

I'm more focused on what the Jets do in the offseason as far as resigning and cutting players but this schedule is not looking too bad right now.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

PROS:
    San Francisco at home rather than on the road
    Texans at home rather than on the road (not a huge deal, but they're the best team in that division)

CONS:
    Seattle on the road, they're a totally different team out there
    Pittsburgh on the road: Would rather get them at home, different team at Heinz

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, Seattle at home would be an easy win (well, maybe not, am I right Giants?) but on the road will be tough no matter ehat.

SF at home is good too I agree.

6. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Much tougher schedule than people are giving credit for, only easy wins I see there are Jaguars/Dolphins both times/Bills at home/Rams every other game is very losable.

7. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

We don't play the chargers it's the raiders

2012 SCHEDULE: The non-divisional schedule looks like this:

Home -- Cardinals, Texans, Colts, 49ers and Raiders.
    Road -- Jaguars, Seahawks, Rams, Titans and Steelers.

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking we still have to hope for a wildcard spot. Unless something crazy happens this offseason or the pats collapse.

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I saw this in another thread....

but I am confused. Did we not play AT Seattle in 2008 and HOME against Arizona in 2008?

Why isn't it AT Arizona but HOME to Seattle in 2012?

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We have a very favorable schedule, no excuse to miss the playoffs. Weve owned the Titans/Texans, Jags suck. Colts will probably be starting Luck. NFC West isnt anything impressive altho the teams are improving.

We need to win the division games, thats the key and we MUST split with the Patriots. That was the difference between 09/10 and 11. If we had beaten the Patriots we would made the playoffs this season.

And yeah that Seattle game is odd. But honestly I want to go to Seattle, lets return to site of the worst moment I ever had as a Jets fan. That was the most painful game to watch. I want revenge.

11. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

thought the same exact thing. Don't you rotate home/away games when playing the other conference? I know we lost in seattle when Favre was here.

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

13. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Agree with the fact that we need to split with the Pats but no way is this schedule a guarantee at the playoffs, its much tougher than people are giving it credit for.

14. Vida

Vida Active Member

Hey all, this is my first post. I've been following the Jets for the last 2 years from Melbourne, Australia and have been reading here the last few months. I'm still learning the nuances of American Football so go easy on me if I say something stupid or call something by it's wrong name.

At first glance the schedule is decent but who knows? Colts with Manning back could be a different kettle of fish next year, Steelers are never easy, Cards & Chargers could go either way but considering they're at home would hope they're W's. The Divisional games as always will be hugely important particularly ensuring we can win both games against the Bills/Fins and at least one against the Pats, that would go a long way to wrapping up a playoff spot.

Of course this all means nothing if Sanchez gets no protection from the O-Line and no passing options, Holmes continues his spoilt brat schtick and Mulligan gives away penalties every 5 seconds.

15. mpx42

mpx42 New Member

The NFL changed it so that in future years, teams will travel to either Kansas City and San Diego OR to Oakland and Denver when playing the entire AFC West, and to San Francisco and Arizona OR to Seattle and St. Louis when playing the entire NFC West.

So they threw out what happened last time, and just started anew. They don't want it so two AFC East teams, for example, travel to St. Louis and Arizona, and the other two teams have to fly all the way to the West Coast twice and play SF and Seattle. Unfair.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I thought the same, I thought we were playing at Arizona (I was also going off that site) but I guess I'll be heading up to Qwest Field. Hopefully that game is early in the season and not in December again. St Louis could be a good game to go to (did that one in 98 and we got crushed) but it's a dirty dangerous city. Seattle I can bring the wife and send her shopping at the Pike Market and I enjoy the game. Hopefully U Dub is also home that weekend as I've been wanting to go to a game at Husky Stadium for a while.

17. Jet in the UK

Jet in the UK New Member

On the face of it, this looks like a potential winning season, but I can't see us taking more than 9 so I presume we will be in the hunt for Wildcard again

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

thanks for the post, good to know.

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

u cant even predict wins and loses right now.just possible road trips.
    hopefully with this collapse we get less night games

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

49ers are going to be a nightmare.