2008 Season officially over......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Willie WhiteShoes, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

Mangini in way over his head

I have been watching football since I'm 8 years old. I'm 48 now and have been rooting for the Jets since my uncle took me to Shea to see Namath. This team has been through some really bad times, think Kotite, yet I have never been as disappointed as I am today and for the majority of this season.

I have always hated the Giants because they were "the other team" and generally garnered the attention from everyone in this city. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait to watch a real, well coached team tonight. This is embarrassing and my colors are changing to blue because it's tough being green. If Mangini is here next season, I will probably stay blue. I understand that teams like Detroit have always been dreadful, but Mangini is taking what ever good legacy we had and flushing down the toilet. I hope Pennington comes in here next week and throws 4 TDs and wipes us out. It was obviously Mangini and the coaches that made Penny look bad, considering what he's doing in Miami.

2. viper

viper New Member

thats inexcusable and unacceptable. I think its in the Bible or something. You cant make that switch..only the Vikings and maybe the Bucs are the only ones you can switch to if I remember correctly.

3. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

Well when the Jets sucked during the 70s I rooted for the Purple People Eaters. Maybe I'll pick the Vikes :) The only problem with that is I won't be watching many games unless I buy some football package.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Great Jets Collapse

After years of rubbing each others nose in our respective baseball team's epic meltdowns, it is only fitting there is now another giant late season NY sports failure that will actually unite us all. well done, Jets.

5. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

GJC baby!!!

6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

that 1st drive showed he has no balls--4th and inches from the 2 and he kicks the fg--anyone with a brain would have served notice we're running it down your throat--FIRE MANGINI

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Mangini looks like the 4th stooge on the sidelines.

He coaches like him too.

8. JetsLookingforDWare

He's also stupid and fat.

Over/under on how many of these threads we see? I'd say 100, but I'd stop counting after a while.

9. lovin_chansi

lovin_chansi Banned

well he can say he let the team go down the toilet!!

10. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

+1

This is not a well-coached, or focused team.

11. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

10-6, 9-7, however we finish, it doesn't matter cause this team doesnt deserve to go the playoffs and if we did we get crushed by properly coached teams. At 8-3, this team was coasting winning the close games, easily defeating undefeated titans, and looked on their way to the top of the afc. Wow, were we fooled. the collapse this team is enduring after an 8-3 start is almost impossible to watch (literally unwatchable). i will argue, i dont care what any1 says, this season is right up there with the rich kotite 1-15 season in terms of watching disgusting football. how this team with so much talent on paper can play this bad with 5 games to go, is truly mind-boggling. i personally rank this season as the worst season for the jets because of huge turn of events in terms of free agency pickups, 8-3 start, and now missing the playoffs. to get jets fans hope up like this is just wrong. im done with this team. 90% of the blame goes to three men, Brian Schottenheimer, Bob Sutton, and Eric Mangini. how these men have jobs in the nfl is beyond me and i would do anything for these men to leave new york once and for good. the person i feel really bad for is Mike Tannenbaum. All the work he did in the summer to bring in these free agents turned out to be for nothing. he addressed all our weak points and supposedly capped it all of by bringing the hall of famer brett favre (who should just retire if these last 5 games are any indicative). I'm officially done with this team and i retire as a jets fan. spring training cant get here soon enough. cant wait for C.C's first start as a Yankee.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

There's always next year...

Don't give up hope, there is always next year.....

13. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

youre not a real jets fan.

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

If the FO has any balls whatsoever they fire that fat fuck and the rest of his staff, tommorrow -- screw waiting for the end of the season.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

How did I ever think Mangini was the answer? This guy is a total BUM. Raiders, Chargers, SF, Seattle.... L L L L.... WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Namathfan

Namathfan New Member

He knows his job is on the line. Now he's in a quandary: if he wins next week and the Patriots beat Buffalo Pats win the division. What a freakin loss this is. I'll bet Joe DeBenigno will go nuts on the FAN tomorrow AM.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The underlying problem with this team. I'm not gonna give up on em.

18. Colintes

Colintes New Member

any other team, and that ball is caught. Ive never been a pessimist, but it think the same old jets are here to stay. We just don't have it. What ever it is....

19. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Does anyone know where Eric Mangini lives?

I would like to leave a flaming bag of shit on his doorstep, ring the bell, and run away. Then he'll have shit all over his shoes. Then I'll rub his shoe in his face.

#19 firemanedjr, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  20. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

hopefully manginig gets fired ... and we can start to rebuild