1998 NFL FILMS Season Review

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Jul 12, 2018.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

Came across this on Youtube randomly. Pain is as sharp as ever, but still a very fun watch nonetheless.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That was awesome when Aaron Glenn returned that missed FG for a touchdown.

It has happened since but at the time I don't believe anyone had done that. Maybe I just didn't know personally, but I don't think anyone had done that. When Parcells sent Glenn back there I was like WTF? you can do that? and went bananas when he took it all the way back. As you can see from the clip it wasn't an easy return either

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. Going to high school in Georgia at the time, I had to read about most of the games the next day in the paper. I remember even the Atlanta Journal Constitution had a big, goal line photo of Vinny (looking a half yard short) on the front of the sports page claiming "Jets Steal Victory Against Seahawks" I also remember talking so much shit to all my Falcon friends on the bus when we beat them too :)

What really jumps out from that video are all the big time defensive touchdowns we scored from that season. I mean fuck, how many have we had in the last 7 years, like 3?!

#3 Ptflea2, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This was during 2nd grade for me back when Pokemon first came out and everybody in school had to play the games and watch the anime or you were living under a rock. It wasn't until 4th grade that I became interested in football. Looking back, that season along with 2004 and 2010 had very painful endings. I left out 2009 because Sanchez was a rookie and made some nice plays against Indy. I was filled with hope after that AFC Championship game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well no surprise here .....2 great Coaches produce Championship teams

Till that happens again might be quite a while but till we have respected Ownership a good coach is not coming so fast

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Sadly I don't remember shit. Too many years of drinking myself into a stupor watching my team suck up. Crying and cursing while my wife is saying shut up the whole neighborhood can hear you.
    I eat my dinner not even caring what I'm eating. I wake up the next day and go through another week waiting for game day.. Can't wait for the season to end and than can't wait until the season begins with high expectation. I think I have learned the secret. Get drunk every game day and ease the pain before it begins. As I use to say as an old Brooklyn Dodger fan "WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR"
    This is the life of Jet Fans. (at least mine.) I will forever love my Jets. LGJ

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

What annoyed me was after the Jets went decades getting screwed by the officials on bad calls, finally, ONE CALL WENT OUR WAY against Seattle and the league was so appalled that the hated Jets benefited they brought back replay

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It still irks and burns me a little that Glenn opted to retire a Texan. I know he was born in TX and went to college in TX, but still. I don't recall the circumstances of the Texans taking him in the expansion draft as to any bad blood (?). I wish him nothing but the best of luck in his coaching endeavors, though. Great Jet and everyone has their bumbles (Fake Spike). I also remember him getting fined 10K by the league because his jersey wasn't tucked in and his socks were falling down. Now everyone looks like a hippie chit barber shop nightmare slob.

9. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

This was the first year that I became a real diehard fan. People forget how dominant Keyshawn was that year. This video brought back a lot of nostalgia. Can’t believe it was 20 years ago! Thanks for posting.