1986 AFC Divisional Playoff Game

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by shabbtastic, Dec 19, 2007.

1. shabbtastic

shabbtastic Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch the episode on ESPN2 last night as "NFL Greatest Games" series??

It just brought up all kinds of painful memories. My god, we had SOOOOOO many chances to close this game out I didn't realize when watching. It was great how everyone blamed this one on Gastineau saying he was bigger than the team and all. We did have a sick D that year!

Now I can understand my insecurities while watching Jet games on how we NEVER close opponents out and let them hang around.

I was 12 and it was the first time I said "FUCK" in front of my dad, the sad thing was he didn't even get upset, it was like a young mans right of passage into Jet Nation!!

Anyway, just thought I share...

2. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I watched the 2nd half recap last night. I can't imagine what this place would be like if that game happened in the message board era.

The late hit and the QB draw (which, ruled a sack, stopped the clock) were painful to watch.

3. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I never watched it before last night but doing that playcall when you knew the rule of a sack stopping the clock is one of the dumbest playcalls I've seen runs right up there with the Mangini blunder a couple of weeks ago, no wonder the older posters are depressed.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I have the actual broadcast on DVD. It's not fun knowing how close we came to going to Denver and how we wouldn't get a chance like that with that team ever again. It's really sad.

5. AlToon

AlToon Member

Gastineau spearing Bernie Kosar

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Son of a bitch. I wish I knew that was the game.
    I read TV listings that showed "NFL Greatest Games" on ESPN2. I didn't know what game it was and got busy with other stuff and never put on 209.

I remember watching every playoff game that year except the Jets-Browns game and the Rams-Redskins game. Perhaps I did not watch the Rams-Redskins game. Maybe I purposefully forgot about the Jets-Browns game as a defense mechanism or something.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!