10-6 is very possible

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mario, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Just looking at the schedule, we could go 10-6 just by beating "bad teams"

We play cleveland, detriot, houston and oakland all which have 0 wins. We also play miami twice (who looks terrible), green bay and buffalo at home. Thats 8 games vs marginal teams. We already have two wins in the bag.

#1 Mario, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  2. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Things just don't work that way in the NFL. Sit and take it a game/week at a time. We'll see how things shape up.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets need to stay healthy. If they do, I agree they can win 10 games.

4. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

i agree.. lets take it one week at a time... anything can happen on any given week

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Agreed. Anything can happen at any given time.

6. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

Yup one week at a time other wise we will all get to excited and then let down and it will get ugly.

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I think we can do better than 10-6. But anything 10 wins or more, should get us into the playoffs and we are definitely a playoff team (odds are, afce champs). I say we win all those games, plus pull through in a few games getting "upsets" so to speak. 13-3.

#7 RobA, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  8. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I totally agree with that. We could come out and beat the colts next week then get blown out by houston. If we play well, we should have a decent chance. Lets enjoy this win and get ready for the colts

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

There is No team in the NFL that will win 10 games without a Rushing game, A run defense and a Pass rush.

We fix that, we can talk . Right now our 2 wins were pretty fortunate.

10. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

You really are mentally ill about this stuff. There is NO WAY this team wins 13. We are playing decent, but 13 win teams are great...and we are not great. Before you crown us AFC East Champs, it might be nice if we actually beat the Pats.

11. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Credit to the coaching staff and the game planning :up:

12. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

guys, 10 wins is gonna be a nice surprise if we come through...if theres more than 3 teams in the entire league that have 13+ wins i will be shocked. we do just need to take it one game at a time. it is fun winning games again tho!

13. Phyr

Phyr Member

When they used the 4 man front the pass rush was much better. Needless to say a RB and Defensive Line help we be our number 1 priority next off season.

14. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Quoted for Truth

While I have been quite impressed with this team's ability to make big plays on the pass offense and from the secondary, you can't consistently expect to win this way.

Also while I am impressed with the poise this team has shown on the road, both the Bills and Titans were widely considered as among the bottom 5 teams in the league entering the season.

With what I have seen from the passing game, secondary and Barton/Vilma duo I think 7-8 wins is possible. Anything else is very optmistic.

15. Royal Tee

Most def :up:
    I'm only hoping that these are the growing pains because the lack of pass rush, Run D and "Road-Grade" blocking is very alarming.

IMO, we need to run to the outside more.
    Counters, sweeps in order to use some of the athleticism of the line.

16. Royal Tee

Thank you :wink:

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Nothing is in the "bag" anymore in the NFL. It is common for "bad" teams to turn things around mid-season, while other "good" teams flop due to chemistry, injuries, etc...

Looks good on paper though. ;)

18. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I've said all along we would win anywhere from 6-12 games this season, with 8-8 being very realistic, and 10 being possible. 12 is unlikely, but it can happen. THe thing is, we are not great now, but you don't know how the team will develop through the season. The Chargers 2 years ago won 12 games, and we beat them in the playoffs. The Jags won 12 games last year, and they got destroyed in the playoffs. You win 12 games one year, and you don't even have to be really that good, but next year the media will annoint you as a top team. What were the Steelers before Big Ben's first season? What were the Patriots before Brady came on and they went on to win the SB? You can't expect to become a winner overnight, but to say "there is no way" a team can get a certain number of wins or what not, is equally as bad as saying a team will be great. You should wait a few games before you rule us out from becoming a great team this year.

19. ViLMaNiaC51

ViLMaNiaC51 New Member

Playoffs?!?! talking about playoffs?!?! I just hope we can win a game.

20. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

No offense to anyone, but you guys penciling in the playoffs have short memories. The Jets have broken my heart too many times to get that excited after a 2-1 start. Don't you guys remember 1986? Heck, 1994?

TBTF