10/15 Mock Draft (3 rounds)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WoodyHarrelson, Oct 15, 2021.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

1-4: Evan Neal OT Bama. I think we go OL again here. We will need to hit on some FA as Neal won't solve our interior woe's but with Becton's injury history, and Fant/Moses being average, this makes sense.

1-12: Chris Olave WR OSU. I think we need speed and size. Olave has proven to be exceptional. Could target a CB here (Andrew Boothe-Clemson) but our O needs so much help.

2-4: Jalen Wydermyer TE A&M: Actually, I could see this pick being one or the other of Jalen or Issiah Spiller the A&M RB.

2-14: Justyn Ross WR Clemson. If Mims is not going to play, we need upgrade at WR. Has injury history and a down year but the potential is there.

3-2: Cade Mays OG UT.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

A lot would have to go wrong for WR to be a need next year IMO. That currently looks like a strength and hopeful Elijah Moore will start looking more like he did in TC and college.
    I think secondary will be a top need, especially with Maye likely gone.
    TE will be a top priority too
    Although the OL has been better and done a nice job protecting Zach of late (woah, did I just say that?), agree that reinforcements will likely be needed and are wise.
    I think the help our O needs right now is mostly at QB - which is hopefully just because Zach has only played 5 NFL games and is learning,

Pumped about two 1s and two 2s. Huge opportunity to turn this franchise around and build young talent.

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I appreciate the effort but I really don’t think WR is going to be a consideration - especially two of them. At least not within the first three rounds. I think JD continues to hit OL and the D front seven (particularly outside). S will most likely come into play and I’m hoping for Spiller myself along with a TE.

With the OL I do like Neal but unless RG is plugged in FA ( most likely an expensive FA which is doubtful ) I see JD going interior OL in the draft. Yes Becton has an injury history but unless the Jets are truly considering moving him to the right side then I don’t see T coming into play in the 2022 draft. If Becton stays as the LT I think the Jets are satisfied with Moses for another year or so at RT. So things are kind of in the air for now as far as T goes. But we should know the plan by the time the off season comes around.

Mays would be a nice pick in the 3rd round…

KingRoach likes this.
  4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

My guy. We have a 39 mm wr who couldn’t catch a balloon ball if it hit him. Denzel Dog House Mims. Elijah Pee Wee More who has 2 catches and who else? Yea, we need skill.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the way i see it is we need to upgrade 2/5ths of the OL next offseason.....

i don't mean cheap second tier FA's or round 3 selections. i mean first round worthy skills.

so certainly one of the first rounders goes OL AND a big OL purchase in FA should do the trick.

gotta have one major FA there as a vet presence.

stinkyB and mrjet80 like this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

C and RG hopefully. I think they can stick with Moses at RT for another year while upgrading those two positions.

I am seeing a lot of other mocks with CB in the first round. I ask myself why. The CB group is the youngest on the team - 4 rookies and a second year player and they’ve been playing well up to date. If they want to add another CB they should go the FA route to add some experience ….