Hank Poteat signed, Will Montgomery waived

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Sep 25, 2008.

1. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Erik Coleman plays in Atlanta, you're talking about Drew :wink:

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Good to hear he is back. If someone gets hurt at least they know he can be a spot starter.

3. uberchink

uberchink New Member

lol i remember when Ahmad Carrol was one of the Packers' starting cornerbacks... no team should have to deal with that..

4. 624

624 Banned

yeah typo..they both still suck :)

5. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Eric, Drew, Kenyon, Marcus....we're 0-4 with Colemans, I hope our scouts are automatically disqualifying any prospect with that surname as we appear snakebit. Dabney could have played better than our four Coleman's...

#25 JetFighter, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jack Flack could kick all of their asses.

7. JetTalk

JetTalk New Member

pretty pathetic move by the FO if you ask me. you cut the guy at the end of camp because you think he can't do it anymore. now when buster davis burns us for 3 1st downs in the 1st Quarter of the San Diego game they decide they miss Hank....Hank is better than any DB or S on this team other than Revis Lowery and Rhodes....it took us 3 weeks to figure that out.....Mangidiot.

8. abyzmul

I have to agree to a point, Poteat started for a good portion of last season and did a lot better than I thought he would; unless he had some lingering injury, I can't figure out how they had Coleman ahead of him on the depth chart. The guy is a good football player.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I actually think Kenyon does a pretty good job for us. Nothing flashy, but it's pretty good. Plus, it's not like we spent Pace type money on him.

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I think they always planned to bring Poteat back if the Pats didn't sign him but they didn't want to guarantee his contract which they would have had to. Poteat is a system guy, always in the right place, doesn't give up big plays, good tackler.

11. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

YES! THANK YOU! Poteat is MILES better than coleman.

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Haha, that's funny for some reason...and a good point...but I will say Pace has been earning Pace money:beer:

13. abyzmul

What's funny is going on Cards boards and seeing them bash Pace like he hasn't done anything all year, they haven't really been paying attention from what I can see. I'm hoping he's all over Warner all day.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He certainly has. He's been great for us getting around the edge!

I'm with Abyz...I really hope he's all over Warner all day long!

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I always thought you wanted to see one guy all over another. You sick bastard! :smile:

Love bringing back Poteat. He is not great but a serviceable corner who should be better the Drew Coleman and hopefully not trip over a graphic for a TD like Eric Smith. We needed the help in the secondary. Sad that it took this long to get it.

16. abyzmul

It's not sickness, it's a lifestyle. :)

Jets bring DB Poteat back into secondary fold

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjnotes265858675sep26,0,7276942.story

BY ERIK BOLAND | erik.boland@newsday.com
    September 26, 2008

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - The Jets' messy secondary situation brought an Eric Mangini favorite back into the fold.

The Jets yesterday added Hank Poteat, a Jet in 2006 and 2007 and a training-camp cut during the offseason. Offensive lineman Will Montgomery was waived to make room for Poteat, who first played for Mangini in New England.

Although Darrelle Revis and Dwight Lowery have solidified the Jets on the outside, the team's play at safety, other than Kerry Rhodes, has been inconsistent, and Drew Coleman has struggled covering the slot receiver. Poteat, who can play cornerback and safety, said familiarity with the system should help him readjust quickly.

"Terminology hasn't changed and I'm comfortable with the guys because I played with them the past couple years," said Poteat, who has been working out near his home in Delaware since he was cut Aug. 30. "You always have adjustments week to week, but everything's pretty much the same."

Warner's comeback

Kurt Warner, who played in 10 games with nine starts for the Giants in 2004 before being replaced by Eli Manning, says he has no feelings one way or the other about returning to the Meadowlands.

"I don't know if it's really going to mean a whole bunch to me or [it's] going to be any big deal," Warner said. "I was there for a short period of time. I never got ingrained in the culture there in New York. I enjoyed my year there and the opportunity there. It's going to be like going to another away game and playing in another away stadium."

Jet streams

QB Brett Favre (ankle) and NT Kris Jenkins (back) were more active in practice yesterday. Favre limped around the practice field Wednesday but moved much more fluidly yesterday, though he was listed as limited on the injury report. Jenkins, who did not practice Wednesday beyond doing agility drills, practiced on a limited basis yesterday. Also limited: WR Laveranues Coles (thigh), P Reggie Hodges (thigh), CB Justin Miller (foot) ... The Cardinals, who have spent the week practicing in Virginia after last Sunday's game in Washington, sent DE Bertrand Berry, the team leader in sacks with three, back to Arizona after an MRI showed a tear in his groin.

17. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I will admit I was a hater, lamenting the Pace deal. But he's proven me wrong.

Gholston on the other hand...

Oh, and I'm thrilled to have Poteat back!

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

OK, that made me laugh out loud.

19. Tight

Tight Active Member

#39 Tight, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  20. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

What happened to Abram Elam? Has he played at all?