D'Brick had another solid outing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 16, 2008.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

<edit>
    ****** disclaimer ******
    My focus was mainly on pass protection and that is where I saw him having a solid outing.
    ****** disclaimer ******
    </edit>
    I just just watched the fast forward on NFL network and focused on D'Brick and D'Brick only when we were on offense. Now, I'm not sure if the fast forward has every play of the game in it - this is the first time I watched one of these - but he did not get beat one time all game.

There were 2 or 3 times where he lost ground from being bullrushed, but there wasn't a single time where he wasn't between the guy rushing him and the QB. On the sack that Seymore got, he was blocking someone else because they overloaded the left side. He also looked better in run blocking than I remember, though he wasn't nearly as consistent. Run blocking will never be his forte though.

So hats off to you D'Brick. That makes two weeks in a row if I'm not mistaken? :beer:

---
    On a side note, i just got my satellite receiver upgraded to DVR and discovered these fast forwards. I can now DVR every NFL Game and check them out and rewatch to see certain players/plays if I want. This is fucking glorious. :up:

Does anyone know if the fast forwards include every play?

#1 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

the unheralded hero of the season so far. The more he is unnoticed by the haters the better he is playing.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Everyone billed this as a "big test" for DBrick...And we get a thread 2 days later.

The haters were ready to pounce if he had a bad game...Shucks.

4. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

I'm hella glad he's finally getting it.

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

That's good news.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thank you for sharing that, Brick will now be one of the guys I key on during my re-watches this week.

7. JetsLookingforDWare

He's looked great this year. He looks bigger too, and is playing with some attitude. He's shown flashes of this before, but this is that big 3rd year.

8. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

My understanding was that on the third and goal in the much discussed 3 runs to the endzone sequence, it was Ferguson who was beaten by Seymour, and Seymour who put the kibosh (sp?) on the potential touchdown.

Not trying to get down on the guy, doubt theres a lineman in the NFL who can go a full 60 minutes against Seymour without getting beat a few times. But this does seem relevant to the topic at hand. Personally I'm more than happy with Ferguson's work so far, as far as I can tell; weve yet to see a game where he gets blown up for multiple sacks, which seems to happen to him once or twice a year so far in his short career. But then, we havent played the Bills yet.

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I saw it too...it was actually faneca who got blown up several times by seymour.

I cant remember the goal stop...but that was a total offensive line blow up..I know Mangold got pushed back to the 5 yard line on one snap. You cant point at one guy..if Seymour didnt stop him...there just wasnt anything there.

That whole sequence...and im not second guessing...I liked the fact, at the time, we wanted to shove it down their throats one time..but Monday morning qb is that its a run, pass...then spread out on 3rd down and run or pass situation.

The reason the pats were able to run on us with Jordan is that they began to spread the offense and run in a 3 sometimes 4 receiver alignment...which is typical pats...its brilliant and rarely done.

10. iceman

iceman New Member

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he has been solid since the beginning of last year. he is not perfect nobody is especially at that position. he has been solid and continuing to grow and get better on a yearly basis. he is the least of our problems. people just love to either love or hate a guy and cant get over it.

12. JetTalk

JetTalk New Member

Brick is ready to take it to the next level. Mangold has been great as well.

13. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

he has been mauling people this year

14. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Good point.

I haven't heard anyone mention D'Brick so far this year.

And that's always the hallmark of a good offensive lineman.

15. JetsLookingforDWare

D'Brick = Reason #3480348032 why you sit back and watch things develop before you pass judgment.

He's still got 14 games to dominate, but he looks like a totally different player. He's playing more physically than he's done before.

16. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

The guy looks definitely much bigger than ever. He's still weak in rushing plays though....But is holding the fort better on passing plays.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

BB spoke highly of Ferguson in his comments about Jake Long the other day, ahead of their game with Miami this week. Interesting, but is it all mind games?

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Gee, who was saying he is a bust?

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

havent been watching him as much as i usualy do i usually focus on him alot. but as abyzmul mentioned I saw in the offseason the added bulk and it was literally what i said he needed early in his career. he came into this league built like a freakish TE and lacked the extra bulk that most lineman have. someone with dbricks athleticsm that extra 15-20 lbs of man really helps. he actually looks like a lineman now.

i saw him get sputtered back a few times but alot less than usual hes not as weak at the point of attack as he used to be. which explains him getting bullied less in pass pro and him being less of a liability in the run game. still needs improvement there but. by the end of his career if he pans out he'll be an amazing pass blocker and at best an above average run blocker. so this does not surprise me.

hes now making the step up to average in run blocking. so lets hope this stays consistent.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I was referring specifically to pass blocking. He did get beat when run blocking a few times, I should have been more specific. He also blew people up when run blocking at times. I'll go back and look at that sequence of runs too.