Ben Graham

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gator, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Considering the amount of kickoffs the Pats had last year compared to the Jets it's possible Nugent did a better job. New England set the record for points, didn't they? That's a lot of kickoffs. We rarely broke 20.

2. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

There are so many threads ripping Mangini right now. The only problem I have with him is that he is sticking with Ben Graham.

I don't care how prepared your team is or how good your playcalling is. When you are constantly starting on your own 20 and the other team keeps starting on YOUR 40, you just can't win the game.

Either replace Ben Graham or grow a pair and start going for it on 4th down.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Stick a fork in Graham he's done...

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

From what I heard this afternoon in the Mangini press conference, I'd be surprised if we didn't have another punter or two on the practice field for a try-out tomorrow or Wednesday.

5. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I think a lot of the yardage gained by the opposing team is also due to poor tackling on special teams. Ben Graham is a horrible punter, but he isn't the only problem on special teams.

6. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

Shame about Ben, he seems to have lost it.

I think it must be in his head. First year he was one of the only bright spots on the team.
    It is wierd because that was his first year kicking an NFL football. He was doing what came naturally.

I bet he is overthinking things. He should be improving rather than declining. That is all I can put it down to. There is so much analysis in this game. Just kick the skin off the freaking ball.

7. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I didn't see a lot of missed tackles in the Pats game. It's not like we were dominant on special teams but I don't see that as the problem at all. We have solid guys on special teams. Maybe if the ball stays in the air for more than 1 second, they'll have time to get across the field and make a play.

8. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

off with his head

9. themanwithnofingers

themanwithnofingers New Member

you can cut the punter if you want, blame him for his inaccurate kicking, however, the real problem seems to be the jets inability to put points on the board.

10. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

He's been playing bad for at least halfway through last season, but he was worst yesterday. I can't believe that he hasn't been used on a fake or twenty yet. I know he is a little old, but so is Favre. He was the equivalent of a Linebacker or Safety in the AFL, and a very good one at that. He's 6'5 235.

Although, If he can't get it together, he'll have to go.

11. nyjetsguy

nyjetsguy New Member

Ben Graham has that "feel good story line", but that doesn't cut it. He is very inconsistent. One week he's on his game, and next can look like last week. IMO, he needs to go. I'd be happy if we had an "average" punter who was at least consistent every week. That said, Graham is not the only problem on special teams. Special teams as a whole has not looked so far - from kickoffs, fg, punts, coverage, right on down the line. Let's hope now the Westhoff's back, he can whip them into shape!

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Ben Graham has proven that he is kicking with a foot that weighs 1 "MilliGraham".

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with graham untill now. This guys to fuckin inconsistant.

14. Collingwood

Collingwood New Member

Reports here on radio in Aus are that he has been cut.

15. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

What about the pisspoor punt coverage and our total lack of a return game? I thought Leon / Lowery should have run it out of the end zone on kickoffs at least once or twice rather than settle for giving the offense the ball on the 20.

Graham sucked on Sunday, but it's not all his fault. Maybe his leg was tired. Yours would be if you had to punt 15 times a game...

16. Gator

Gator Active Member

First of all, for punt coverage to be successful the punt has to have hang time so the guys have time to get downfield. Hit as low liner and it's not going to covered well by anyone. Secondly, how can his leg be tired in week 2? He hasn't punted enough for his leg to be tired. He just stinks now. Period.

17. Downunder

Downunder Member

Which Station?

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

cut, heard it on espn radio

19. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

As a side note, Paul Raymond got himself cut from the practice squad.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

How do you get cut from the practice squad? That must take talent.
    </sarcasm>