It's Official: Mangini and Co. are Dreadful

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyJohnson, Sep 14, 2008.

1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Crazy stuff man. This is like a friggin vette driven by Mr. Magoo.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's been a fun week my man, you guys were better today and it's pretty clear why. Congratulations and hopefully we can talk some more shit in a few weeks when these clowns get their ass kicked in Cheatsboro. (Again)

3. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Sh*t--you guys are bringing me down--I was feeling like there were some positives here to build on but f**k, you're right about the lousy playcalling and that as long as Shottenheimer is calling the plays, we're fu**ed.

But nevertheless, the defense looked good and with normal maturation can be a force.

Kicking was the difference in this game--WTF is with graham? And WTF was with Feely on that 31 yarder? Their kicker is great-- he kicks it into the endzone just about every time! This was really the difference.

But like everyone is implying, the playcalling once again was weak--1st and goal from the 3 and you run it up the middle three times? Fire the bastard on the spot!

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I swear if Farve had worn a #10 jersey I would have thought Penny was running the offence. Awful performance by Farve.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

don't blame him, blame the man giving him the plays.

6. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

It is game 2. We lost to the Patriots. Things will get better. Relax, we are 1 and 1.

At least you don't live in Boston and have to go through to work and face the terrible onslaught that surely awaits me tomorrow lol. Believe me, it will suck bad especially since I had a rare moment last week of me gloating about our new and improved Jets team.

Things obviously need to be fine tuned and Coles needs to STFU and stop causing locker room strife like he did this week. Next week we will have a chance to redeem ourselves by beating another good AFC team.

After tomorrow, I will make it a point to move on and forget about this terrible loss. I will then look forward to the San Diego game and hope the Favre and the receivers get more on the same page (the WRs need to work on getting open a bit better as well), that Stucky will continue to be utilized (I am starting to really like the kid) and the play calling will be adjusted on the offensive side accordingly.

I still have a lot of faith in this team from the top to the bottom. This loss was a bitter one, but I know that this will not be a losing team this year. I just know it.

Sleep well com padres,

Next week we will bounce back with a vengeance.

#46 fake_crs, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  7. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

its ONE game. the seasons not over. its called adjustments they will be made for next week and for the rematch with the pats.

I was pissed today, i hate the fucking pats, but i got over it fast since we got plenty of football left to play. The run defense in the second half was aweful. Fuck Kevin Faulk and they made Lamont Jordan look like Walter Payton.

I still think the offense moved the ball well considering they got no help from the special teams.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The problem with that is this coaching staff has not been known for making adjustments.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

In defense of Woody, he did shell out a helluva lotta bucks this offseason to try to prop Mangini and Tannenbaum up. You cannot fault his commitment, whatever the motives you think he might have, and his desire to have a good team on the field this season.

10. N.Y. Johnny

N.Y. Johnny Member

Perhaps you are right, and to a degree yes, there is alot of football left to play. Maybe it will improve? IT BETTER.

I have to say to a certain point this is exactly why New England is a great team and the Jets will always be a pretender. In this situation with Brady out and the Jets improving a bit and winning last week, they had to have momentum to come out and smack New England in the mouth and beat them at home no less. BUT it didn't happen. I think the problem with the Jets will be and is Coaching....we get too damn tight and conservative and piss games away with amateurish calls and poor coaching. Mangini and company were outclassed by Belichek, and that happens to alot of teams, but to have this happen always is a joke. Mangini sooner or later has to be held accountable for not getting these guys up to play a game like this.

11. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

remember when mangini would run crazy plays and on-side kick and stuff like that his first year, where is that? where is brad smith? Where is the kick return game?

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The bottom line is that the Jets don't execute. The playcalling is poor and the execution is poor. This is a team that is coached with a loser mentality.

13. N.Y. Johnny

N.Y. Johnny Member

Where was Brett Favre? I swear let him gun it down the field for chrissakes, alot of the calling had you scratching your head there....we're playing from behind and losing yet the Jets are out there calling draws and runs as if we're sitting on the lead.

Then, Mangini is sitting there calling time outs like its an NBA game, he thinks he's at the Garden and coaching the Knicks. You have 3 time outs per half idiot, not 10 like the NBA.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is a coaching deficit.

I think the Jets had about 85% of the talent on the field that the Pats had today, but they had less than half the coaching ability on the sidelines, way less than half.

BTW, the thing that stood out for me today was that the Pats aren't remotely as talented as they've been in recent years, particularly if Maroney is gone for any period of time. Their offensive line looks really bad in pass protection and good as runblockers and that isn't going to win a super bowl for them any time soon.

The Bills are the new powerhouse in the AFC East with Brady gone.

#54 Br4d, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  15. Danny Boy?

Danny Boy? New Member

Again? Whatchutalkinboutwillis?

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

17. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Mangini needs to grow a pair. Bottom line, he's as much a coward as Herm the worm.

This team will be the death of me.

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

for anyone saying, Relax this is only 1 game...

no, it's not. it's not about this one loss. it's about the mentality of the team, which is a direct result of the coaching staff. Schottenheimer should be ashamed of his gameplan and playcalling today. and for the love of God, can I see Bob Sutton call a fucking team huddle and fire up the D just once?

19. Long Love Todd

Long Love Todd New Member

It's one game....it's one season....it's a new regime...give it time...it's one decade...it's a new system...it's a new RB....it's a new Line....it's a new decade....it's a new division structure....it's a new league....it's a new century....

20. Danny Boy?

Danny Boy? New Member

Whats with that sig? Did you lose a bet?