Winds of Change Are Blowing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 13, 2008.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think Buttle is a bumbling idiot, but this article got me a little fired up so I figured I'd share. Take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/685-buttle-winds-of-change-are-blowing

2. Fester

Fester New Member

Buttle isn't a "bumbling idiot". He's a good guy. I just think his thoughts are premature--

If the Jets lose at home to a Bradyless Patriots team tomorrow then it's more of "this always happens to the Jets".

3. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

Good read. Other than his playing days with the Jets, I don't know much about him at all. But if anyone is entitled to be enthusiastic about the season, it's certainly someone who literally played through some of the darkest years. I share his enthusiasm. This season should be fun to watch.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I love Buttle. Great article!

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Buttle always fires me up about the Jets. Guys the don! Great article.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Everyone think's Buttle is a bumbling idiot because he's an optimistic Jets fan.

Give the guy a break. (directed at the usual Buttle is a moron crowd). Not everyone needs to be exposing the Jets for "what they are". We have plenty of people here that spend all of their time doing that.

7. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, I think that aside from NE I think Buffalo is going to be very tough this year. I'm sure that they are just as fired up as the Jets about the window of opportunity that may open up because of Brady's injury.

8. Fester

Fester New Member

I wouldn't count the Dolphins out either.

9. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

For the first time in a while, I am beginning to believe that there are some competent football knowledge minded guys running this organization.

Granted its early in the season, but this past offseason acquisitions initially look to be terrific fits for this team ------ I had my doubts about Jenkins at NT, I had my doubts about Pace......but I couldnt be more excited.

There were some idiots here who thought the Bills were terrible. I had them ranked 16 in my own personal power rankings before the season started & caught some ridiculing on that.

#9 wewantsapp, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  10. WhiteShoeWillis

That's not why I have the opinion I do. Listening to the guy talk and analyze football games is where I got that opinion. His optimism is the reason I even posted the article - I liked it.

11. Fester

Fester New Member

I'll be optimistic if I wake up Monday morning and the Jets are 2-0 in the division.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Looked every NYJ fan should like the article & should not expect any less from a former player & employee of the NYJs

13. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. Every article I've read so far has ripped the Jets a new one. Called us an incompetent bunch of losers. We waisted our money in the off season on players that will not produce. We spent too much money on players way past their prime. We'll never, EVER beat New England. Our team is the dregs of the NFL. I short, we suck. Now we get an article that says that we can win and go all the way, that we might just have the pieces in place to make a serious run at the Superbowl, and your calling the guy who wrote it an idiot? Look, maybe the guy is being a bit premature in his prediction (you usually don't know who the contenders/pretenders are until about week 6) but isn't it nice to FINALLY read an article that isn't tearing our team down? Hopefully, in about 5 or 6 more weeks, a lot more people will be saying the same thing.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

Dude, I've thought the guy was an idiot long before I read this article. I liked the article and the positive outlook he painted of the Jets. That's why I posted it.

:beer:

15. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I think the Jets had the best off season in the division hands down.

#15 feelthepain, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  16. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Good piece from Buttle. He's definitely no Hemmingway (and there's no reason why we should expect him to be), but he gets his points across.

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Good article............"The Winds of Change blowing" ...... well I wish she was blowing me.

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Not a big Buttle fan, but i think he could not have said it better.
    I think it all comes down to the fact that we are JETS fans. We are so used to looking forward, but going backwards. So much hope, but even more "nope".We are so programed to see our team fall short, that we just can't seem to have a positive outlook. It scares us.
    The bottom line, to me, is this, We've got the pieces to be a very good football team. We've got a team that CAN contend. The big question is this, Will we live up to our potential?
    I say, IT'S OUR TIME.

19. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I giggled.

20. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Buttle is an idiot, whether he bumbles or not I have no idea.