More Fuel for the Fire: Hatred Burns Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Big_Green_Booger

Big_Green_Booger New Member

I live in MA and Boston media isn't that bad but they do like to paint their teams as 'poor, lovable underdogs' that are constantly victimized by big bad NY teams and their fans. Fans on the other hand ARE that bad.

Pooooor us, Mangini told on us for being filthy cheaters
    Pooooor us, Yankees spend a lot of money
    Poooooor us everyone hates us because we're good
    Pooooor us everyone hates us when we suck
    Poooooor us our GQ QB fall down and go boom.

#21 Big_Green_Booger, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Excellent point on the cheering, what it was really for, and the way Belicheat phonies things up to serve his purposes. What a dick.

On the other point, the two wrongs don't make a right point, yeah, that's true, but it's also true that the Pats have no right to demand respect from anyone having cheated at the game, undermining the game, and then turning that last year into a motivator for them. They don't deserve respect and don't have the right to demand respect from others. Does that make it right to cheer a player's injury? Almost always not, but when it seems as here to be a case of karma coming back at Brady, I think at least a snicker is quite alright.

3. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

What goes around comes aroung Patsies. Would have been nice though to take them down with Brady as the QB. Expect a hard fought battle -- Getting the staduim loud will give us an advantage on an inexperienced QB.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

News flash for you Logan, the Pats haven't won jack shit since 2005, that is 3 full seasons now, including the biggest choke in NFL history. People hate your team because your coach and organization are cheating scumbags.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Dear God, can we please please please have another Daunte Culpepper like story with Tom Brady...please...Amen...

That should teach the a-hole a lesson of how to repect others

6. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Like all of New England wasn't cheering when Vinny went down with the torn achillies. STFU Bellichick

7. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

Personally, I would rather Brady was playing this weekend. Sure I cheered when he got hit but not when he left the game for good. It's just good to see a player knocked on his butt once in awhile. Usually the guy goes through the whole game without getting touched. I would always rather beat the best team with their best players. I thought we had a chance against them this weekend even with Brady. I certainly don't count this game as a "W" for us, the Pats are still the Pats until they prove otherwise.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

We would'nt have a chance in a million years against such talent...unless its a fluke (2006)

9. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Really? I count three AFC EAST titles and an AFC title. Not to mention a 5-3 playoff record. Funny the last time the Jets one the AFC East it was a three team, 9-7 tie and Jet fans are still talking about it today like they won the Super Bowl. How soon we forget :rofl:

#29 Grogan, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ahhhh denial and deflection. Please refer here for your much needed reality check...

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=35284

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Where in that story does it say Belichik said anything?

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The Patriots couldn't have cared less about Vinny getting hurt, one way or the other. Patriots fans aren't obsessed with the Jets like the Jets fans are with the Pats.

Jets fans are like Red Sox fans were up until 2004. Always obsessed with hating the team we want our team to play like.

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I know right....

14. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Screw that. I don't want to see anyone get hurt that bad. The guy will have problems with that knee now and especially later in life, long after football. Not good.

One thing I like about sport is the idea that if your the best, you take on all comers and I would rather beat Brady and the Pats straight-up.

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I remember that. I was a memeber of this board by a different name at the time. The next day, there were lots of trolls here gloating about what happened.

I rememebr, it was Pats fans and Phins fans. No Bills fans.

There were a few other misc. fans (Raiders) from other teams that joined in too.

Pretty sad.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

“People are sick of seeing us win,” he said. “But we like it, and we don’t plan on stopping.”

Logan Mankins said this? Ok Logan when exactly was the last time you won a SB? Where you even on the team then? Nope I don't think you were so what exactly have you won Logan?

Last year? Nope 18-1*
    2 Years ago? Nope that would be the choke against the Colts
    3 years ago? Nope that would be the asskicking by the Broncos
    Ok 4 years ago that's it. Sorry Pal ancient history in the NFL. Coaches have been hired and fired in that time.

Unfortunately what this idiot doesn't realize is that people aren't sick of seeing them win. It's people sick of their arrogance and I think spygate really turned alot of people against them. People know this team cheated to gain success and that's what pisses them off. Had they not cheated and been so arrogant about it I don't think that many people would be happy that deadbeat got injured. It's not because of winning, America loves winners it's the douchebagery and f off attitude that people don't like.

17. Fester

Fester New Member

Well, I wasn't hoping for it to happen or sticking pins in a voodoo doll or anything like that, but after the fact I'm glad it happened.

18. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Here's the thing though - people cheered in every sports bar in the country - it's not just New York. You mean to tell me people in Pittsburgh and San Diego were upset by the injury?

19. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

His Life isnt in danger, his career isnt threatened, and hes gonna spend more time with his Millions and Victorias Secret model girlfriend. PARDON ME IF IM NOT UPSET FOR TOM FRICKIN BRADY!

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

and no one respect people who constantly play the victim card in sports... its seen as being little girls.

anytime someone complains about themselves too much, people begin to dislike them... Boston has been doing that for 90 years.

thats why the new avatar sums them up. :)