What about D'Brick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 73klecko, Sep 8, 2008.

1. 73klecko

73klecko Member

I have been watching him closely this preseason and yesterday. To me, he looks like a different guy so far. Much improved. Porter did not sniff the backfield when up against him (only pressure was against Franks). He also looked more aggressive in the running game. Hope it continues.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You know what? This is a fantastic thread. Brick really was the true unsung hero of the game. No sacks allowed, and he looked good in run blocking too.

See people - it takes THREE years before a player hits stride in the NFL.

3. uberchink

uberchink New Member

he looked good when i watched him during preseason too

4. JetsLookingforDWare

U MEaN DABUST?!?!!?

Coulda had something fancier than a stupid LT with the #4 pick. Still.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nonsense. May be fancier but surely not more valuable than a primo OL. Without it, your fancy RB or QB cant do shit. Take a look at what Miami did with the #1 pick and damn worth it to.

6. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

Dbrick is one of the better players taken early in that draft

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Williams
    Bush
    Young
    Brick.

The Jets didn't pick the worst player, and 1,2 and 4 are making the correct contributions to their team right now.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

d'brick did NOT play badly last year, he grew and did pretty damn well against a number of the best rushers in the league. he i am sure is improved this year and some people just wont stop killing him for no reason.

its funny how some guys who have done pretty damn good get killed on here and others who havent done SHIT are jock ridden like its going out of style.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol I wrote this right after the game when I was drunk but so what I stand by everything I said:

D-Brick

10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

11. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Couldnt agree more..great thread.

I watched the game again late last night and focused on him...he was outstanding. If anyone recorded the game you should watch it again just to focus on him (and Jenkins...who is a bull)

It was his best game BY FAR as a Jet.

Hopefully it wasnt the talent he played against and we will find out more this week.

Give credit where credit is due...great idea for a thread.

12. iceman

iceman New Member

His run blocking is still weak. They had little success running left and seemed to lose yards most of the time. Jones big runs were all behind Woody.

13. JetsLookingforDWare

[​IMG]

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

but that speaks volumes for the riskiest FA acquisition for the Jets.

15. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

D-Brick was fantastic. You won't see the normal haters in this thread, but the guy was outstanding in pass protection. Even when running up the left side, many of the tackles seemed to come from Faneca's guy as opposed to Brick's.

I've been saying it for 2 years now that this guy's been showing some huge flashes of eventually being able to meet his potential. If he can keep that weight and muscle mass up above 300, I think this will be the year.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He was fantastic absolutely fantastic. He locked down his side completely. Not only that he was pancaking people, absolutely flattening them. He did that rarely if ever the last 2 years.

In the preseason you could see the difference. He has gotten stronger and stouter. From all reports he works his ass off to get better. What is not to like?

If a typical Jet fan was walking down the block and found a bag of 20's he would be bitching it was not a bag of 50's.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You got it all wrong. The Typical Jets fan would be lamenting how much more the the 20's were worth 40 years ago and how they are not worth shit today. If offered a bag of 50's they'd say no and bitch because they were not offered 100's.

18. vajetsfan

vajetsfan New Member

I think between him and Mangold, that draft may turn out to be one one of the best O-Line drafts we have had in a long time

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Everybody gets so excited when somebody has one good game. Over Miami no less. Lets hold the gushing until he has a few good games against quality teams.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

just curious if faneca playing next to him added to his success. i mean he only had to worry about HIS guy, and he knows if he messes up there is at least a chance faneca can cover for him.

faneca makes the entire line better, and how much of dbrick's improved play can be attributed to this?