Worst part of Brady's injury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The injury to Tom Brady sucks for one reason, the Pats now have an excuse for the downturn of thier team.
    IMO, they were due to fall. I really believed we could have played with these guy's, this season, and given them a battle for the EAST.

To me, the worst part about this injury, is no matter how successful the JETS are this year, the Pats fans will say,"if we had Brady, it would've been a different story".
    For this alone, i hate that that bitch is on IR.

2. CapoStatus27

CapoStatus27 New Member

good post and good point, i've been thinkin about that as well.

3. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

His being hurt increases our chance of actually getting that win against them. There is NO downside for the Jets. Pat fans wouldn't of given us credit even if Brady was there. Boston fans are the worse in all the US.

4. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

It'll be one thing if the Jets somehow back into the AFC East championship, or into the playoffs. If we go 11-5, then it's so much chowderhead bleating.

Ultimately, it'll be meaningless, because at the end of the day - under your scenario - we'll be in the playoffs and they won't. And if they prove not to have a competent backup to Brady, that's their fault.

5. Amaru

Amaru Well-Known Member

I actually agree with the OP whole-heartedly. I wanted to beat the Patriots at their best. Now, if we win, we won't any get credit, if we lose...God, if we lose...think of all the shit we'll get.

Plus, if Brady had to get injured, I wanted it to be a Jet who injured him.

6. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Ya if we beat them I wouldn't expect any other reaction from Pats fans than that. But you can't really blame them, you would probably say the same thing. And it would be a different story if they had Brady lol. But who cares, they don't have him and now the AFC East is open for the taking!

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i was waiting for this line of thinking.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't give a F what the Pats fans think. I just want the Jets to win.

9. ........

........ Trolls

Thank God we have levelheaded fans on this board. I've seen far too many Jet "fans" today on various boards cheering the injury because it means the Jets have a better shot at the division. I'll take a W over the Pats in any situation, but I'd much rather beat them at their best.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Did fans of any of the six 1999 AFC playoff participants hate it when Vinny Testaverde (and a slew of other notable Jets) got injured in September 1999 and the Jets Super Bowl aspirations were dashed?

I'll answer the question.

Those fans did not.

11. Danny Boy?

Danny Boy? New Member

I wuld think the worst part of Bradys injury would be this.....what happens if Cassel leads his team to a win?

Considering that you barely beat a team that had 1 win last year, it could happen.

12. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

First of all .. The Jets haven't won diddley pooh this year .. Do they have a great chance? Of course they do .. I think Pats fans would give the Jets credit if they were to win the division, but be followed by a "Yeah, but you didn't beat Brady for it." I don't think you'll ever hear THE PLAYERS give excuses, at least publicly .. Now to validate it, the following year when #12 comes back, then you win the division .. Free ice cream for everyone ..

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Considering all the huge injuries the Jets have suffered through the years, particularly at the QB position, how often have the Jets ever been defeated at their best?

Four, maybe five times?

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

There are no excuses in pro football. If you lose you lose and it's because your team wasn't good enough to begin with. Every team has to contend with injuries and the good ones have plans in place for when they occur. If the Pats go on to a bad season it's because the coaching is shit and the team was unprepared.

Period.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It's kind of the same thing as what "random sports writer" decides to put into print. Why let what Pats fans have to say get to you? Injuries are a part of football the same as touchdowns and sacks.

I'd rather win it all and let some other team deal with the "ifs" for once, and I'll happily dine on the salty tears of Patriot fans.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Did the Patriots believe their division titles were tainted by the injuries to Jet QBs in 2003, 2005, and 2007???

17. FavreIsHere

FavreIsHere New Member

It doesn't matter what they think as long as the Jets win. This also makes it harder for them when they really collapse next year.:smile:

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Wah wah wah. We might need a ton of tissues for such fans.

I'm sure those types of Patsies fans didn't say things like-

"I guess we'll take the Super Bowl victory. But, gosh darn it. We didn't beat Carolina at their best. If Stephen Davis had not been placed on IR, he would have played in the Super Bowl because he was healthy by that time. Davis probably would have put them over the top.
    But, ehh, we'll take the title anyway. It does feel a little empty, though."

"Winning back-to-back Super Bowls and three in a four-year span is just peachy keen and all, but, oh fuck, Chad Pennington just had to go and get injured. If he was healthy, the Jets would have beaten the Steelers and they would have played the Patriots in the AFC title game. A healthy Jets team would have given the Patriots a better game than the Steelers did."

"Damn you, Donovan McNabb. Why did you have to get sick in the Super Bowl?"

19. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Don't know if they said all that .. I can only speak for myself grasshopper ..

20. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

AGREE.....Pats fans are the biggest group of frontrunners you will ever find in sports...after losing to the Giants...they all crept under rocks all winter/spring...now they can go back...F*%k Them...........