Calvin Pace with his 1st sack as a Jet baby!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Sep 7, 2008.

1. TampaBayJetsFan85

Yeah! Huge sack on Pennington, 1st and goal...And Pace just sacked Chad for a 6 yard loss baby!

I made this thread because many of Jet fans were p1$$ed off @ the money we laid out for Pace...It's looking like he's worth it because you know what? We run a 3-4 Defense under Mangini and we need 3-4 players who can chase down the RB and pressure the QB.

Pace is that man! Love it!

2. PA Jetsfan

PA Jetsfan New Member

3 sacks. It's nice to have a rush again. No doubt, Pace is a valuable addition.

3. #1jets fan1

#1jets fan1 New Member

A great goal line defense there all in all.

4. PA Jetsfan

PA Jetsfan New Member

Is anyone else celebrating the run defense? All I heard all week was how Ricky was back and going to run all over the Jets.

5. PA Jetsfan

PA Jetsfan New Member

4th and 2 and they pass - that says something.

6. #1jets fan1

#1jets fan1 New Member

Ricky must have smoked an extra large blunt before the game, he seems a bit slow.

7. TampaBayJetsFan85

Its weired saying this...But this Jets run D looks like a REAL 3-4 Defense!

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Sack or no Sack Pace was a monster today.

Jenkins, Pace, Faneca are really the real deal. Good job on the FA/Trade market by our FO.

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Great game for Pace. I would have liked to have seen more pressure on the last couple of drives, when the Jets knew that every play would be a pass.

10. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

I thought the defense played well today, considering the heat and the fact that the phins started every drive from the 40.

Pace looked very good out there, looks like we are finally matching some players to our system.

11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Pace had a sack and caused two holds by their LT. He looks like he has the wingspan of a condor.

12. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

Pace was giving Jake Long fits. Chad had 2 long runs called back on Jake Long penalties, both against Pace. Or was the first one Bowens?

13. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Pace was a fucking beast today. I don't think anyone would argue that. With or without that sack, he was consistently getting pressure vs. Long and co.

14. vajetsfan

vajetsfan New Member

Pace looked great, today and all pre-season. Looks like a good pickup

15. TampaBayJetsFan85

The Jets front 7 was up against two running backs in Williams and Brown, who have ran the ball down our throats over the years...Now we added players such as Jenkins to plug the holes, Pace to pressure the QB and chase the RB down in the flats and Gholston to fly around the ball and look what happened...The Jets kept the Dolphins under 60 yards on the ground I believe!

Coleman, Jenkins, Ellis is a solid Defensive Line and Ellis should be a beast this year playing next to Jenkins.

Our LB's can do SPECIAL things here in 2008! Pace, Harris, Barton, Gholston and Bryan Thomas...Those are 5 LB's who can all make plays for this Jets squad!

And man oh man...Our secondary is starting to look nice with Lowery! Who knows, maybe Lowery can be our D.Revis of 2007! Imagine that! With Lowery, Revis and Rhodes flying around on Defense...It looks like we have a special team here in 08!

16. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

We actually had 4. :grin:

17. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Pace was definitely all over the place and giving the Dolphins' O-Line fits. He slid right into the scheme.

Additionally, you could tell what effect that had on BT, who benefited from the fact that Miami often couldn't decide what to do when both he and Pace were rushing from the outside. A couple times I bet Sparano and his OC had a serious dilemma as far as what to do with them.

18. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Pace looked well...Even when he wasn't getting sacks...He was consistently bull-rushing RBs and Olineman to cause the pocket to collapse.

I like him thus far...And I was rooting oh so bad for Gholston to get that sack, probably got too excited.

19. JetsLookingforDWare

Yea, totally buying this guy's jersey.

He'll be a Pro Bowler...or at least he'll deserve one.

I'll say it again...Calvin Pace will be everyones favorite Jet...barely beating out Cotchery and Leon.

20. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Where are all the Dewayne Robertson apologists? Fat boy was one of the biggest BUSTS in Jets history, or in recent memory at least.