The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Charlito. Nice. :lol:

Anyway, I want to kick Vince's ass. I wanted so badly for Adamle to be off the show within a month, and now I'm actually starting to like him. The WWE writers are just fantastic.

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

Must Be A Freddie Prinze Jr Joint

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Hey, if he's writing this stuff, then Mr. Sarah Michelle Gelar is a helluva writer.

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

Sucks he is hurt, but thank god, no Cena for a year.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

They talked about it last night. Honestly, with the Cryme Tyme angle, I was starting to like Cena a bit. I was never going to be a fan, but it was an amusing stable. Nice to see the WWE didn't screw over Cryme Tyme in the end too. That should be a good feud between them and Rhodes/DiBiase.

I was dying for Tag Team wrestling to make a comeback. Now get the Hardys back together. Then Batista and Mysterio. Make a bunch of tag teams and get that title back to relevancy.

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

I heard the Dudleys(fuck this Team 3D shit) were on their way back to WWE as well. I've always enjoyed them, back from their beginnings in ECW.

The Hardys are over. I like them better as singles, but if the Dudleys come back, I'd take a Hardy reunion. They had some classics, those 2 teams.

Rhodes and Dibiase are an awesome tag team, I hope they stick around for awhile.

Cryme Tyme, I dunno. I'm not a fan. Why did they get released from WWE not too long ago?

And the less Batista I see, the better. And if Rey has no mask, pass too.

8. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Last I heard, everyone in the WWE Locker Room liked D-Von, but hated Bubba's attitude and the way he talks down to rookies.

...and Cryme Time got released because of lack of work for them. They only brought them back recently due to some issue with African Americans. I think it had something to do with the Michael Hayes/Mark Henry controversy.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

And I had heard Cryme Tyme had some drama with them. Oh well!

10. FITM

McMahon just breathed a sigh of relief.

11. FITM

Wade Keller of PWTorch.com is reporting that Mick Foley has agreed to contractual terms with TNA. He will be able to debut with the company once he's contractually allowed to do so. His WWE contract expires at the end of August, but I'm not sure whether he has a 90 day non-compete clause or not.

TNA just had tapings last night, so it will still be a little while before he could possibly show up on television (of course, this being only possible if he doesn't have a non-compete clause). They have a pay per view September 14th that could be an option, but there's no word yet on how TNA plans on using Foley if and when he does show up.

...sellout

12. FITM

Why Vince McMahon loves John Cena

By PAUL HEYMAN

Published: 29 Aug 2008

John Cena underwent what was labelled "emergency surgery" on Tuesday in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, as world-renowned neurosurgeon Dr Joseph Maroon removed a large piece of disc material that was pressing into his spinal column.

Later that same day, Cena went to watch the Smackdown and ECW tapings taking place in the same city.

And you wonder why World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman Vince McMahon is so solidly behind the billion-dollar WWE machine promoting, marketing, and branding John Cena?

Whether he is your favorite wrestler to cheer, or you're among those who truly enjoy booing his every move and word, Vince McMahon is rightfully Cena's biggest advocate.

While I would dare suggest that Shawn Michaels is a superior in-ring performer, or that Edge has more range, or that Triple H understands "The Game" better than Cena, none of them can even hope to compare to his ability to serve the needs of World Wrestling Entertainment.

John Cena is single. No wife, no kids. He doesn't mind being away from home for weeks, indeed months on end.

He doesn't mind getting up at 5am to do media call-ins.

He doesn't mind flying to several cities on his rare days off to promote the upcoming shows.

He doesn't mind flying to the set of a WWE Films-produced movie, doing his job there, and then flying directly to make every booking, in every city, at every event WWE Raw promotes.

Cena is a workhorse. He's a tireless promotional machine. And the project, event, DVD, pay per view, film, CD, and merchandise he promotes are all branded "WWE".

There's not one single wrestler I've met in the past two decades with Cena's drive, ambition and determination to give every fibre of his existence to the company.

Triple H may have married into the 24/7 life of a McMahon Family member, but he likes to go home every now and then.

Hey, he has two daughters with Stephanie.

I'm not knocking him. My willingness to travel non-stop ended when I became a father as well.

But while I'm not knocking HHH, I am pointing out a fact.

If a radio interview needs to be done in the UK, which is five hours ahead of the North-eastern USA, and that interview needs to be done at 3:30am, Triple H is not going to be inclined to jump on the phone and be excited about the opportunity to engage in the conversation.

Cena, on the other hand, salivates at the opportunity.

John Cena is Vince McMahon's dream pro wrestler.

Everyone talks about him, either in terms of hero worship or in terms of passionate dislike.

Cena drives ratings, he sells PPVs and his merchandise sales still beats everyone else's in pro wrestling today.

And he's "WWE" 24/7, 365 days a year. Even when he just had surgery.

When I was the lead writer for WWE Smackdown, one of my early moves was bringing Cena up to the main roster from OVW.

Lots of the other writers spoke against it. Even Stephanie, who was usually an ally of debuting new stars, challenged me on my "first round draft pick" from the developmental system.

But when Cena made an impression that first night in his match against Kurt Angle, Vince said: "If he can keep his s*** together, this kid is worth nothing but money.”

John Cena has done more than keep his s*** together.

He's given his life to the chairman and World Wrestling Entertainment.

And for that, he's been rewarded handsomely with money, fame, and Vince McMahon branding him WWE's No1 superstar.

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

When I was the lead writer for WWE Smackdown, one of my early moves was bringing Cena up to the main roster from OVW.

Lots of the other writers spoke against it. Even Stephanie, who was usually an ally of debuting new stars, challenged me on my "first round draft pick" from the developmental system.

But when Cena made an impression that first night in his match against Kurt Angle, Vince said: "If he can keep his s*** together, this kid is worth nothing but money.”

if that's true, it's too bad that you're still not the lead writer, cause some of those recent storylines have been truly awful.

14. FITM

This Charlie Haas gimmick could last for ever and be entertaining everytime. He could job for an entire year in the first match and RAW and it would be entertaining to see who he is imitating every week.

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Seriously. That is some funny shit. My son and I were cracking up last night with the Cena bit.

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

This is easily, gimmick of the year. Love it.

17. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I missed it last night as I was watching the extended cut of the Punsher on FX, but I caught a little bit of Haas immitating Cena. That is pretty funny. The Charlito from last week was great. I hope they keep it up.

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I like how Haas and Noble have gotten a spotlight lately. It's cool to see when the undercard guys get some camera time, especially when it's amusing.

Speaking of Noble, how HOT is that chick he's courting? Damn.

Also, has anyone noticed how Regal is in much better physical shape since returning? I hope he's got his shit together now. I'd like to see him back on the mic.

Something else: How about that 20 minute opening promo? THAT'S how I want to see a WWE show start! (Except ending it with Batista just spearing everyone isn't exactly Austin coming out and stunning everyone.)

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

Batista needs to go. His schtick is old and tired, and commentating in b-level MMA shows(Bill Goldberg, bazing!)

20. FITM

An Orton stable would be great. Add Rhodes/DiBiase and some other lower to midcard wrestler and redo an Evolution type stable.