Just a brief tip of the hat to chad......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

One person does not equal a "high percentage". I am a Jets fan. I will continue to root for Pennington because I genuinely like him...but if he played against us I would root for the Jets. And I can say with a high degree of certainty that there is a high percentage of Pennington supporters who would agree with my feelings on the subject.

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Way to be an attention whore. :up:

3. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

say what you want about his arm or his injuries--given, his career here hasnt been storybook--but ive been lucky enough to come in contact with him and speak with him upwards of ten times, and the world would be a better place with more chad penningtons.

flat out, unbelievable guy. it was an honor to have him in NY and whatever team he goes to, assuming out of the division, will automatically become my second favorite team.

4. erlovepuck

erlovepuck New Member

Why even bother coming onto this thread to knock Chad? Let people who appreciate his accomplishments with this franchise discuss him and thank him. If you want to knock him do it in another thread.

5. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Thoughtful words 227, (it's a great song by the way).
    I have to say it's difficult not to feel ambivalent about all this Favre / Chad stuff. Bittersweet is the right emotion.

Chad, you were my hero and I believed saviour for our team a few years back and I thank you without reservation for some of the greatest moments I've enjoyed as a Jet fan.
    Who can forget the last game of 2002 against the Pack? That night will be difficult to top anytime soon. He never complained, he had class and was one of the NFL's good guys. I feel honoured that he was a Jet. Good luck Chad and thank you.

6. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Chad,

Thanks for your dedication and hard work. May you go to another team with a decent o-line and a good running game. I enjoyed the good times and reserved judgement through the bad. Regardless of the misfortunes you suffered you are a very rich man both literally and figuratively. If you happen to play against the Jets over the remainder of your career I hope we kick your butt.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I have not been a big Pennington fan since the shoulder surgery but I recognize it's injury in the course of battle that is my problem with Chad as the QB. I wish him well, he was always a classy guy and before he got hurt did give us a magical season and I will never forget the pass that came down in SD.

This franchise hasn't had a lot of great moments but 02 and SD in 04 were great moments and Chad had a lot to do with them.

8. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

You're the reason I value people with class!

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

#10 forever baby. Chad Pennington is the man.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Class is overrated. I think the truth is more important. Some here can't handle it.

It's just today. Those Chad Fans who follow him to whatever team he goes to will make their move. The rest who remain Jet fans will reunite with the rest of the fanbase. It may take some time, but I firmly believe things will get better each day as we move forward.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I certainly can't be accussed of being a Chad fan. Today when he gets his release, he becomes a part of this franchises history. I go back to the mid 60's along with a few others on this board and while not a big Chad fan, recognize that in this franchises history there is an argument that his contribution to the franchise was one of the very best.

Now while I don't personally make that argument, I can see the validity of it by those who do. If you live and die with a team and love a player, grief is a natural part of the process, particularly for the younger fans who have grown up with these players.

I don't think there's anything wrong with rooting for Chad and his new team to do well. It certainly doesn't make those who feel that way less of a Jets fan.

I get into my share of fights with guys like Junc, Italian Seafood, DeWare and others, but I never doubt their loyalty to the team.

12. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

agreed...have some very fond memories of #10...good luck elsewhere

13. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

who the hell "overrates" Chad?

all I know is I'm happy the Jets made this move. But also, I feel bad for Chad, the man was dealt a tough blow in his career.......basically he took over for Vinny and took the team on his shoulders to the playoffs. Gave us a lot of hope.......and then got injured in that dam Giants pre season game........basically he's never been the same since. so he had one great year in the sun and was felled by injury after injury.... but still managed to take us the the playoffs 3 times.......He's a classy guy, a competitor and an asset to the game/league.......i only wish him the best. (just not if he happens to face us in the future)

14. TorontoJetFan

TorontoJetFan New Member

Good Luck Chad. Always had a fond respect for you in the way you conducted yourself, especially your charity work. I hope you find success whereever you end up.

Now, i have to buy a new jersey.

cheers.

15. Chris726

Chris726 New Member

Loved chad ive met him a few times and hes a cool ass dude and a great person people bag on him cuz he didnt have the strongest arm but hes been the best qb weve had in a while... i wish him all the best...

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Chad will have one of the better places in team history regarding QBs. Three times in the playoffs, only guy to win in more than one playoffs, a division title, Comeback Player of the Year, he represented the Jets well. After Namath and maybe Vinny, there's Chad. He has to go ahead of O'Brien, Todd or anyone else as a Jet.

17. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

Good luck to Chad, he did lead us to some great times in the last 6 years, and also some bad times. In the end, he gave his ALL to this team. That's all you can ask of any of our players, to go out there and give it your best. Maybe he lost some strength from the two surgeries, but it never affected how hard he tried and how much faith he had in this team.

So on that, I hope the best for him, wherever he ends up. The guy deserves more credit then he gets.

18. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Chad, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING. It's obvious you would have beat out Kellen "no pocket presence" Clemens. But the organization is banking everything on Brett Favre to win now. I wish you the best of luck and will always remember Chad Pennington, THE DEFINITION OF A TEAM PLAYER.

19. Colintes

Colintes New Member

Penny you made me a football fan. Without so many bad breaks, maybe your career could have one day been as good as the great Brett Farve. Best of luck wherever you go. You deserve better treatment then what many Jets fans have given you anyway.

20. impevan

impevan Banned

what a heartfelt message from FiremanEdJr. I agree with him. Chad meant a lot to me and this team. the problem is he had his chance OVER and OVER to be a star for this team and this city. But he's brittle. he can't stay healthy. he has limitations. and most importantly, he was not taking us to the superbowl this year.
    good luck Chad, you are a good guy and I hope you get that moment to shine. I just hope its not with Herm's stinkin Chiefs!!!