Just a brief tip of the hat to chad......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

How about the thread called "Thanks, Chad"?

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Whoops...that's two I missed so far this morning...my thread title was better though :up:

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's interesting you join the site just as we were rumored to get favre, I don't think you have been following the Jets long if it all.

4. Francis_Cole

Francis_Cole Active Member

Always gave 100%, even when towards the end he must have known some fans openly didn't like him. Wish him every luck not only in his next few years as a NFL player, but whatever career hs chooses to do after playing NFL.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Having just seen Chad the other day at TC, I can tell you he was working just as hard as he ever did at any other Camp. He was truly a Jet in that respect... always working as hard as he could and never looking over his shoulder.

It's a good thing any of us never know what the future holds, because it would ruin most of our experiences. I'm sure Chad enjoyed being a Jet right to the end.

Garth Brooks has a song titled "The Dance," in which he sings,

"And I,... I'm glad I didn't know... the way it all would end,... the way it all would go....

For I,... I coulda missed the pain... but then I woulda had... to miss... the dance..."

Good Luck Chad!

6. dmorr79

dmorr79 New Member

Chad
    Good luck in Minny. All you have to do is give the ball to AP, no more passing!!!

7. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Chad, good luck with everything. Too bad about your shoulder, bro. You'd have been one of the greats otherwise.

8. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

Chad, I will always remember the 41-0 whooping of the Colts. Your throws were on a pillow, so much so that a 3rd grader could catch them every time. I will miss your play-action playfakes.

9. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Very well said.

Chad was a rare player in that he seemed to care about the team as much as the fans. That kind of attitude is not a typical of a player in today's game comprised mostly of greedy mercenaries.

weak arm + injuries < accuracy + heart + fire + class

CP forever a Jet.

10. Durgle

Durgle New Member

He was a rare player in the NFL... usually you dont even get drafted if you dont have any talent.

I certainly appreciate that he'll never wear a Jet uniform again.

11. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

Chad, good luck, you are a great QB in my eye's, smart and accurate.

12. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Thanks Chad for great memories. Your heart and ACCURACY will be missed. Good luck in your future NFL conquests..

14. rillo

rillo New Member

Chad was always a gamer and a warrior, injuries just killed his career. I wish him the best in his next stop. Always will be a Jet IMO, Thanks Chad!

15. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

New York is a WIN NOW town. The NYGs have been listening, but for 39 years or so, the NYJs have been snoozing. If Parcells is right, and you are what your record says, the NYJs have to wake up.

I don't see how anyone can fault this CS and FO for doing what they can to win -- especially this year.

Whether Brett has the cojones to do it again this year we'll have to see. For the sake of all us long-sufferers who renew their belief in victory each year, I certainly hope so.

Kellen's career has just begun and Brett coming to the NYJs will not effect him very much, in my opinion. His development will not be effected by Brett's performance so much as how well Kellen responds to the CS and his own issues. Kellen will be fine as a NYJ in my opinion.

Somebody said in the last day or so that this year would be the "make or break year" for Chad Pennington's NFL quarterbacking career. I think that's true.

He was tied to a team that did not serve him well for at least half of his tenure here. Pennington did not go and seek out those injuries -- they came to him through a series of breakdowns of this team.

Whether Chad Pennington can realize the ambitions he's been talking about this week with McManus of Lohud.com and others remains to be seen. He will be going to some other team today -- hopefully, it will be one that has a better offensive line than the NYJs have seen fit to put out on the field for several years now.

Chad didn't do it for the NYJs. Brett's got one year to re-invent himself as a green-and-white phenom. Kellen's still apprenticing.

No, I'm not changing my username. It never was about the quarterbacks.

16. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Chads a great professional QB with who played for the Jets with his heart and mind. I wish him all the luck in the world and hope his career moves forward on a team who appreciates his MANY talants as a leader and an NFL QB.

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Please leave, you are embarrassing yourself.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Now that we know that Chad's going to be out, I want to say thanks Chad. It's too bad you couldn't get it done because I would've loved to have seen you win it all with the Jets. Maybe not the strongest arm in the business, but definitely the biggest heart and soul. I hope you succeed wherever you go. o7

20. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

damn now I need a new jersey to wear to games