Just a brief tip of the hat to chad......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Tommy22

Tommy22 New Member

Best of luck to Chad. Not his fault his shoulder went out. One of the smartest, most fundamentally sound quarterbacks in the league. Hope he finds the right situation and gets a chance to start. He's a class act and deserves it.

I sincerely wish him the best of luck.

2. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Posted this on another (unrelated) forum, I might as well paste it here:

I will wear my Chad jersey tomorrow as a tribute to James Chad Pennington.

He had the tools in 2002 and led us to a fun playoff run. Then he got hurt. He recovered and then he got hurt REAL bad.

This guy worked his fucking ass off just to get back and help his team, he always was a team first, stand up, all-out gentleman. I appreciate the way he worked so hard for the Jets.

He has a brilliant football mind and I hope he winds up with a dome team so he can work his magic (the Meadowlands were never a good match with Chad, he always did well when the Jets played a dome team on the road).

3. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

Chad Pennington- Class Act. Good player on the field, great person off it.

4. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Chad thank you. Thank you for 02, 04, 06. Thank you for showing us what a true athlete should be. Thank you for givng it your all on and off the field. Thank you for all the class you've showed to us even though some fans werent fair to you. I wish you the best of luck where ever you end up. I hope one day people will truly see what kind of warrior you were. Best of luck Chad you will be missed.

5. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Good luck, Chad. You were always a class act - absolutely the nicest guy in the league. When you were at your best, you were great. I'm elated to have Brett, but I'm totally sad to see you go. I hope you do well with another team.

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Thanks Chad and good luck. :)

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yes, Thank You Chad Pennington. You're a Jet always. Thanks for the playoff appearances.

8. Penning10

Penning10 Member

Chad was my favorite Jet of all time. Not just because of how he played but because of how he carried himself. He never called out a teammate and always stood tall when he was criticized. He was tough as hell...no one should ever confuse his injury-riddled career with a lack of heart. Carl Pavano he is not. I'll always remember 2002 and all that stuff...but what impressed and inspired me most was how Chad dealt with the arm injuries and continued to persevere. Good luck Chad!

9. RuneMagik

RuneMagik New Member

While Chad was a class act and gave his all it wasn't enough. His durability was beaten down by the mounting injuries. I, like many, think the hatred towards Chad is unwarranted but not unexpected. After all the media and league hype in the 2002 season (read: Next Montana/Namath) expectations were set too high for him. Injuries or not, he's not the guy to lead anyone to a championship. So while I think his character and work ethic are top notch, twenty years from now when I think of the greatest all-time Jets...Chad won't be even a fleeting memory.

10. UKJetFan

UKJetFan New Member

It's really sad to see the way Chad's career went, it's a shame the injuries ended his chance of being a top NFL QB. I'll remember him for his intelligence, leadership abilities and as a true class act.

11. NeonLeon999

NeonLeon999 New Member

Every time people wrote off Chad as done he still came back and played well. Thanks Chad.
    He helped the team to great victories over his career. People can say he had a weak arm but he got the job done.

12. Silencer

Silencer Member

Thanks for all the memories, Chad.

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Definately did.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am very sad to see Chad go, it's a rare combo when you have a guy w/ talent that is also all class. he out his career on the line for us many times and despite some physical limitations always gave us a great chance to win whenever he was under C. I wish him well and will always root for him no matter what team he goes to(if it's a div rival I'll root for him to do well but lose).

15. Durgle

Durgle New Member

are you kidding me?

Today is one of the happiest days in my life as a Jet fan, but yet I cant decide whether it is due to having one of the best Quarterbacks in history joining my team, or losing one of the worst.

Chad Pennington was a talentless blight on this team, but I do wish him well in his career as a Baltimore Raven.

16. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Shut up, Durgle. First of all, if you want to post negatively about Chad, do it in one of these 25 other threads. Second of all, if you're not going to give Pennington credit for 2002, and the Chargers game, then your head is squarely up your ass. Fuck off.

17. Durgle

Durgle New Member

one season? one game? thats it? and I'm supposed to have fond memories and respect this guy?

HA, im sorry. I seem to have forgotten about the 1 good season, and that one good game, it must be buried beneath all of the injuries, 3 yard passes, and game-losing interceptions.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm going to miss Chad. I'm a big fan, and always defended him when everyone was bashing him. It's a real shame he suffered the injuries he did on such a constant basis, but he was a fighter whenever he played, and that's enough for me (considering football is a team sport and you can't sit here and blame Chads "noodle arm" for our losses).

So, whether you are traded or released, thank you for everything Chad. It's been real man, good luck wherever you end up.

19. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Thanks Chad......for making me drink more then I should have

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Chad Pennington Appreciation Thread

I am really sad still to see Pennington leave. He will always be one of my all-time favorites. Thank you Chad! Without you 2002 never would have happened. Thanks for putting your battered body on the line for us fans!